Tired. Very tired

Rekindle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights were turned off and the spotlight was focused at the center of the stage, the music starts and I feel myself dissolving into it. I step onto the stage, all of my apprehensions soon forgotten; I couldn’t see any fans cheering enthusiastically for me, the lights too bright on my face and blinding my vision. The beat starts playing and the screams of the crowd muffled, but that didn’t matter, I make my way on the stage gracefully riding to the rhythm and the music that I got so accustomed to, I felt I could dance to it perfectly even in my sleep.

I sensed my energy and passion radiating from me as I danced with my all, every anxiety and every stress soon melting to the constant beats and movements of my body. I didn’t have to remember it much, my muscle memory automatically making me bend and leap and flip as the beat changed.

The song rushed up and the beats started to speed up, my feet matching to the flow, never struggling to meet them. I feel my breath and my heartbeat raced up, the palpitations loud as the drums in the music not because of the haste and rapid music, but because of adrenaline and thrill of the performance.

And soon the music ended. I stood at the center, bowing ninety degrees to the audience as they energetically applauded and hooted. I saw the light sticks and name cards bearing my name, many fancams still recording even though my performance ended.

This is what it is. Everything I suffered is worth this.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter