Chapter 4

Me, You, and The Android

February 14, 2016

'Meet me at this place at 7.'

Along with the message is attached an address of quite fancy restaurant Soojung remembers often passing by everytime she's on her way home from work. But now is almost half an hour past 7 and she still haven't seen any sign of the sender of that message anywhere around their promised place.

She probably got stucked at work again..

Or did she forgot, like the last time?

Soojung let out an exasperated sigh, suppressing the urge to dial the number she already remembers by heart, instead she opts to reach for the cat charm tied to the upper part of her phone and holds it tight. It's not the first time during past three months the other girl being late to their date, sometimes they even had to cancel the plan in last minute too. And worse, as of lately whenever Soojung met Mijoo all they did was revolved around quarreling and accusing each other only. It has gotten to the point where Soojung no longer able to see in which direction are they going to lead their relationship anymore, let alone decide what she want for their future.

She can tell that the whirlwind came since their conversation by the end of last year. The memories still burning in the back of Soojung's mind.

---------------------

"I need to tell you something."

It was a nice warm day, and for that reason Soojung dragged Mijoo out of her dark apartment - sometimes Soojung wanted to call it cave - to a Korean barbeque shop. But seeing how Soojung had been slightly fidgeted left and right that time, Mijoo could figure that whatever was that thing she need to tell, it had to be a serious matter.

But still, Mijoo was being Mijoo, facing everything with carefree and playful manner. "What? You're actually vampire from Cullen coven?"

"No. Joo, I'm not kidding here."

"Okay." Mijoo shrugged, lightly laughing while playing with her chopsticks and rice. "Though after being with you for almost fifteen years I'm not sure if there's anything that could surprise me.."

"I got a job offer.."

"Mmhm.."

"And I decided to take it.."

"That's great to hear. You always dislike your current work, don't you?"

"The job is in Japan, Mijoo."

The chopstick fell, hitting rice bowl with clattering sound.

---------------------

Four years. For a couple who had so much ups and downs like Soojung and Mijoo, four years is a great achievement. It was never been easy; yes they had loads of infatuation and blissful courting moments, yet there were also more fights and angry disagreements along the way.

On Soojung's end, of course she doesn't want them to break up. Mijoo is her life, that sole reason is enough for her to give the whole world if Mijoo wants, to do everything in order to save their relationship. But it seems all of her efforts so far never work - "Come with me to Tokyo." "And loitering around while you work to make living for two of us? Hell no! I'd rather die!"; "I'll turn down the offer and stay here." "Are you crazy? It's a multinational company, Soojung! You should go for it!" - therefore there's no resolution that could satisfy both party and one doubt began to surface in Soojung's thought.

Does Mijoo actually still feel the same way?

The skepticism lingers, and right now it terrifies Soojung badly. Thin ice. They've been standing above very thin ice and the whole current situation only signaling that it most likely will crack soon. Today is their fourth anniversary, what if today Mijoo plans to end their relationship?

---------------------

When her phone rings, Soojung snatches it fast as light. Only to get disappointed by private number written on her screen.

"Hello?"

"Happy Valentine!"

"I'm from Woollim Telecommunication Store and I want to congratulate you because.. You've been chosen to get our special prize!" The helium induced voice. The same voice from when they initially hooked up. Nostalgic feeling are onrushing.

"Lee Mijoo don't be silly! Where are you?!" Soojung huffs impatiently.

"But before we can proceed more, I would like you to participate in a short survey first! Don't worry it will take no more than five minutes!" The caller pointedly ignores her.

"Which one is your favourite among all variants of candy?"

"I don't like candies!"

"Lie, someone caught you ate all gummies in the fridge last week." The voice replies in sing-a-song tone. "This someone also told us that she loves your recently a little chubbier cheeks..."

"Tell that someone to shut up! Can we move to the next question?!"

"What do you think of Lee Mijoo?"

"She is an idiot! A five-years-shameless-idiot-giant-child!"

"Aww.. You're mean."

"And I love her. So, so much." Always, Soojung doesn't need to look to know that Mijoo is smiling now.

"Do you spot a paperbag below your table?"

There really is a white bag, Soojung can't remember since when and who put it, but anyway she cradles her phone between shoulder and ear, crouching slightly to retrieve it. She finds two boxes inside.

"Open the big box first."

She did as instructed and sees some formal letter and documents.

".. Joo.. This is.." They are all written in hiragana and kanji and for awhile Soojung doubts if the advance Japanese skill she's learning recently is failing her - she's a smartass however, so it definitely can't be. The letter is announcing that Lee Mijoo is accepted in an undergraduate university in Tokyo.

"Now you may open the other."

Soojung holds her breath, one hand clenching against phone and the other on small white box with red ribbon - their favourite colours - she can already tell it is a jewel casket. Soojung unties the ribbon, heart hammering inside her ribcage. She opens the box; the overwhelming joy that has been building up finally manifested as single tear falling to her cheek, and her lips curled into smile. It's an engagement ring.

The voice Soojung hears on next second sounds so near, so real, not only in the speaker connected to her ear but from someone who actually standing behind her.

"Will you marry me?"

---------------------

"I'm sorry for keeping this from you. I needed to do a lot of preparation during these past three months.. Also had to ask some help from Seulgi to teach me proper Japanese every night after work hours. Don't hit me I swear we're best friend.."

"Yeah I won't. There's higher probability for earth to collapse right now than for Seulgi to cheat on Joohyun with a scatterbrain like you." Soojung laughs. "By the way, this is not another prank, isn't it?"

"Nope. I am one hundred percent serious." There's great amount of assurance on Mijoo's voice.

"Not the proposal, but this." Soojung holds up the university letter with slightly disbelief expression. "Child psychology, really?"

"It's another three years of study, you know? And what are you planning to do after graduate? Lure innocent kids then eat them?"

"Hey, I love kids!" Mijoo pouts, reaching over to poke the dimples that appear on Soojung's grinning face. "I used to think about being a teacher actually, but that time taking over dad's business sounds like a plan that would give way more guaranteed future."  

"I guess being with you have opened my eyes about what I do because I want, and what I do just because I have to, or it's a less risky choice." She continues. "I have enough savings, the college allows us to work part time too, but still, it's going to be tough. And my parents will probably try to kill me... But I don't care. It's our life, only yours and my opinions matter."

"Um... By the way." Mijoo clears , gently taking Soojung's hand to hers. "You haven't answered me."

"Hm? What do you think would be my answer, dummy?" The blond rises her eyebrows in amusement.

"Yes, Mijoo. Of course it's a yes."

"Yah! Have you two done with the talking? Our legs are starting to get cramp here!" From beneath another two tables beside theirs, four figures emerge; Jiae and Little Sujeong, also Seulgi and Joohyun. The supporters Mijoo has brought along but left forgotten on their hiding places.

"Now quick, kiss! I've been waiting so long I will be really mad if you two don't give us some nice photos!" Jiae waves her phone eagerly, the camera has been on since forever ago.

Mijoo snorts, then sticks out her tongue. "Ha! Don't ever dream we would do that for you!"

"It's fine, let's just do it." Soojung says, much to everyone's surprise knowing her acute public skinship allergy that's even worse that Seulgi. She doesn't wait for a response before yanks the taller girl's shirt collar and presses their lips together. Four phones capturing in burst mode while the respective owners all hooting and making shrill whistles.

"We get to be bridesmaids right?"

"I'll leave the wedding planner role to you, Bbangdeok-ah! Just don't play those cheesy love songs of yours on our big day!" Mijoo gets some kicks for that. Soojung still beaming at Seulgi and Jiae's camera, now showing off her left hand where a pretty ring adorning the fourth digit.

"Let's have some drinks, shall we?" Without everyone realized Joohyun has produced a bottle of wine and effectively subduing the ruckus.

Six glasses lifted up to the air, then there's loud clinking sound. "To Soojung and Mijoo... To all of us... Happy Valentine! Cheers!"

---------------------

Yay finished! I hope you like it :D Feel free to tell me what do you think, I'd really love to hear from you ^_^

And by the way, I have a slight concern here... Tbh I'm starting to think my stories are getting more and more boring to the point I'm scared to write more DD:
So if you guys have a little bit time, pls leave in the comments too (sorry I don't know how to create polls here) whether I should: keep writing SoulJoo/write another _____ Lovelyz pairings/write ______ AU

That's it ^_^ Thank you for reading until the end!