Chapter 3

Me, You, and The Android

"Unnie."

"What?"

Little Sujeong carefully eyed her roommate unlocking Soojung and Jiae's room using spare key she got from their landlord. It was another night, few days after the cafetaria incident occured. Just awhile ago both the room's owner had announced that they would be out to get some snacks on convenience store nearby. Knowing that Soojung's phone was left on her room, Mijoo took it as chance to execute her revenge.

"I seriously think you better stop right there before things getting out of hand.."

"It is already out of hand, Sujeong! People still staring at me whenever I'm around our campus!"

"That... Was what you deserve, to be honest. You started all of this." Being the youngest between all four residents of the dorm, Sujeong couldn't get anymore amazed at how immature these unnies were. While it was undeniable that Mijoo might be the most childish person at times, nobody ever conjured up before that someone as cool-headed as Soojung would actually got lured into the game and played well.

"Just admit your feeling.."

The suggestion apparently had caught Mijoo off guard, her grip on the door handle tightened, she opened and closed it few times before finally answered. "Hell no! Now shut up and wait at the lobby! Warn me when they come home, okay?"

---------------------

It was dark when Mijoo entered, but even without the lights on she managed to easily walk across the room, the very room she had mapped in heart - Mijoo visited almost every night with excuse to speak about various college homeworks with Jiae, while all she really needed was just to see Soojung falling asleep; her eyes turned dozy then flickered shut, mystery novel left forgotten beside her immobile body. Mijoo knew that was a very bad, a very dangerous habit, because most of the time she would have to struggle not following the desperate desire to spread blanket all over Soojung and plant goodnight kiss on the older girl's forehead. But in the same time she also knew that she just couldn't end her day in peace without being sure Soojung were sleeping well in the room next to hers.

Mijoo found Soojung's phone left connected to the charger on the bedside. She unlocked it with a slide, was about to download an app that could be set to produce fart sound, when suddenly another icon beside Play Store offered her another temptation. Mijoo tapped gallery shortcut, scrolling through the camera roll she found selcas they had taken together - forcibly, of course - on the first day Soojung bought her phone had been all gone. Mijoo's face fell into deep frown.

"Have fun going through someone else's personal belonging?"

The room immediately went bright following a click sound. Like a deer in headlights, Mijoo spun on her heels. Heart jumped to throat as she saw Soojung stood in the doorframe, arms crossed and icy stare boring hole through her soul.

"Ss.. Soojung unnie.. You.. You're back already?"

"I never leave actually. I know you'd be doing this so I waited outside." Soojung walked a few steps inside, closing the door calmly.

"So I guess we can have a deal here."

Mijoo's eyes widened in fear as Soojung took out a phone she recognized as hers.

"I'll return this to you if you undo whatever you had done to mine and.." Out of the blue, short ringtone blared from Soojung's phone surprising the two.

Both of them glanced to the screen, where Hyun Seunghee popped out.

It was too much oil added into already burning flame.

Mijoo pressed the reject button, throwing the phone to Soojung's bed in rather harsh motion. "I will give this back to you in one condition!" She moved forward briskly, her face hardened.

"I want to be the first to know when anything happen to you!" Mijoo snapped. Thing she was sure would never dare to say if she's not too drunk by wave of emotion and jealousy. "And don't send cute selcas to Seunghee! Don't call her until late night! Don't... Damnit just stop talking about Seunghee this Seunghee that all the time!"

After some moments, it was Soojung who broke the silence first.

"Why?" Soojung looked up, forlorn eyes met furious ones, intent, like they were searching something within the depth of each other's dark hazel orbs. And just then Mijoo finally aware of how dangerously close their distance had became.

Because I want you to only look at me...

That words never left Mijoo's mouth. It died on the tip of her tongue soon as they heard sounds of door creaked open, revealing Jiae's figure with convenience store's plastic bag in hand. Her head turned left and right at them, clueless to what was going on.

"Nevermind." Mijoo grabbed her gadget before strode out from the room.

---------------------

"."

Sujeong winced at Mijoo's choice of word, though she didn't take her eyes off notes and chords written on her music book.

"My entire contacts has been deleted!" The older girl tapped at her screen frantically. "And I thought she wanted ceasefire!"

That apparently perked Sujeong's interest, because she now put her guitar aside and shooting a stern look at the older girl.

"You're really stupid, eh..."

"Excuse me?" Mijoo choked.

"Have it never crossed your mind, that Soojung unnie was actually as jealous as you were..." Sujeong said, and somehow it sounded awfully reasonable. "If you keep hiding behind all those flings with dozen girls, you will lose her. That I can assure you."

"All she's been waiting is just a certainty. But you don't even seem certain with yourself."

Though Mijoo's indifferent expression stubbornly remained, deep inside she felt a twinging pain. Sujeong was right; it was hurt to admit, but Sujeong was dead right.

"That's why I told you, stop being coward and just tell her what you feel."

Stupid, she probably was. Coward, Mijoo never liked it when people accuse her so. If it's for Soojung, Mijoo could, she would, be brave.

---------------------

February 14, 2012

Soojung phone buzzed waking her up from long nap. It was Tuesday and there was only one class she needed to attend that day, so she had gone home early, watched some drama then dozed off soundly on the couch. Soojung checked her phone, already had half mind to reject the call because it was from private number, but somehow curiosity got the better of her and she tapped answer button.

"Hello?"

"Happy Valentine!!"

... What the hell?

"We're from Woollim Telecommunication Store, the best place for all your hi-tech needs!" The squeaky voice sounded like someone who was calling her had inhaled a tube full of helium, but Soojung was sure it was Mijoo.

"Yah! I thought we've done with all this stupid pranks?!"

"Congratulations you've been selected to win a prize from us!" Ignoring Soojung's protest, the voice went on. "But first, you have to fill out our short survey which I'm going to conduct right now..."

"Which one is your favourite kind of candy?"

"That has nothing to do with technology at all!"

"How many gigabytes of adult movies do you collect on your computer?"

"I DON'T HAVE SUCH THINGS!"

"What colour is your refrigerator?"

"Why would you care? Your store doesn't even sell fridge!" Still, Soojung couldn't help but walked towards their kitchen, eyeing the huge household appliance with suspicion.

"Now check the first shelf, there is a food container..." The caller instructed, as if she understood every moves Soojung had been made even without looking. It seemed that the helium had lost its effect and the voice on the other end slowly back to Mijoo's usual voice.

Soojung complied, it wasn't hard to find said plastic box for its ridiculous big size and pink colour. She opened it and there were two things; chocolate, and a phone charm - a cat with initial M on its chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

The line stayed in silent for awhile, and Mijoo was bracing herself to receive either rejection or burst of anger. Or maybe Soojung will hang up and pass it as a big joke. But then she heard a deep intake of breath and clearing throat. Mijoo took it as a sign Soojung had been built up some courage to give out her answer.

"Yes."

They didn't need to look to know that both of them had a wide smile on their faces now.

---------------------

Happy Valentine to all readers <3 I love you guys!

ps: next chapter will be up if I'm not lazy maybe tomorrow or a day after :)