Chapter 1

Me, You, and The Android

February 2012

To add a widget, press and hold on an open space...

Pair of eyebrows arched cutely at bunch of cluttering apps shortcuts as Soojung's tiny fingers tapping lightly on the screen of a newly bought device. After had been used for good five years, her old cellphone - the one her friends called 'fossil' - finally gave up and died two days ago. So under the pressure of people around her ("Who sends 350 characters sms in this era? Use Kakao Talk!") Soojung went to mobile phone store and following the salesperson's suggestion, got herself the latest model of mid-tier Android.

It wasn't that she despised trendy gadgets, nor she was technology illiterate; Soojung just preferred to use her belongings well until the last. Living life as a college student with tight budget, it was best to not spending money on things she didn't really need.

"Wow this is new model right?!" Soojung gasped in surprise when a hand snatched her phone. "I've been wanting to buy this!"

"Yah! Give it back!" She yells at the perpetrator.

"Mijoo, return that. Looking into someone else's phone is rude." Jiae rolled her eyes, her words got completely ignored and the bickering pair were now chasing each other around the room. "Tsk, they're gonna break something again.."

"You know what," Little Sujeong heaved a deep sigh. "I now kinda believe that one day Soojung unnie and Mijoo unnie could actually stay under same roof without any casualties would be the day when moon and sun collides and great disaster falls upon earth.."

There was loud thud ensuing a scream, then Soojung got back to her seat, phone safely back in hand. Side glancing at Mijoo - caved in on the floor and totally defeated - Jiae started to believe Sujeong's foresight of armageddon might be true.

---------------------

"What's your ID? I'll add you..." Peace finally came upon the four of them and Mijoo took out her own Android, swiping on the lockscreen to open it. But before she ever finished her sentence, a 'Katalk!' notification tone interrupted. "Huh? Who is that?"

"Wait. I'm not the first friend on your contact?"

"Honestly I'd be more than glad if I don't have to add you!" Soojung didn't bother to look at her and soon got entirely immersed with her phone.

Mijoo craned her neck peering at the screen, her eyes narrowed into slits as she read the name displayed on the top of KKT conversation window; Hyun Seunghee.

---------------------

Soojung supposed to be used enough with every antics of Lee Mijoo by now, as this year marked tenth anniversary of their friendship - Soojung still grudgingly regretted how herself in past had said 'yes' when Mijoo, new transfer student from Okcheon that time, asked to sit beside her in classroom, and practically accepted that ball of chaos into her life. Even so, it wasn't until they entered high school some unfamiliar feeling began to grow inside them. It turned everything complicated, like they were two aliens speaking two different languages, sending confusing mixed signals, and sometimes Soojung couldn't decide whether to punch the girl squarely on the face or kiss her with every ounce of passion she had stuffed inside.

Well, back to the current story; so apparently there were some things she would never get quite used to no matter how many years had passed. One of them was, Mijoo's ridiculous innuendos mostly came in the unpredictable, worst timing ever. And of course, without warning.

That afternoon, Soojung was in the midst of discussion about campus festival with another members of music club in her college. An activity that indeed didn't match her shy, aloof nature, but Myungeun had decided to 'do her a favor' and signed her in without consent earlier that year. "To fix your socializing skills. And let's not waste that voice of yours." The younger concluded. Soojung's pride didn't let her to back out, hence she diligently attended the meetings. It wasn't that bad after all, she gained herself some good friends there, and was able to improve her vocal and piano skills a bit.

"So I think we should just go with that idea..." Too engaged into the conversation, Soojung absentmindedly took her vibrating phone, didn't even check the sender's name before opened a KKT message and tapped on a photo thumbnail sent to her.

And Soojung didn't realized what was that at first. Until everyone stopped talking, their raised eyebrows and gawking expression directed to her - to the device before her.

... Holy .

The short girl coughed violently, fumbling to cover that cursed phone from being visible with her hand, but it was too late to erase the image that just sprawled over her freaking four inch wide screen from everybody's mind; it was Mijoo, sending a selca of herself wearing sheer black lingerie, a pillow covering her midsection, she pouted in a way she probably thought was y. A short caption written below it, Soojung, when will you go home? ;*

"No! This is... We are not what you're thinking we are!" Soojung responded to so-you're-into-that-kind-of-thing? questioning stares Seunghee and Hyojung thrown at her.

"It's fine, we understand." They smiles lightly, exchanging knowing glances at each other.

From the corner of her eyes Soojung spotted a shadow of tall girl running away and faint maniacal laugher.

It's her. Lee Mijoo. Lee Mijoo is a dead woman.

Soojung learned her lesson; first, don't ever open any message from Mijoo in public places. The second that she was still figuring out, how would be the most excruciating way to kill that freak when she's home later.

Or not. Instant death would be too good.

Another retaliation plan started to form in her head.