Meeting You

Notice Me

*Beep, Beep, Beep*

The sound of an alarm clock sounded off at the strike of 7 o’clock in the morning. It was time for 17 year old high school student, Cha EunSang to get up. EunSang snoozed her noisy alarm clock as she rose up from her bed yawning and rubbing her eyes.

New day, same old routine. She thought as she completely got up out of her bed, stretching her arms in the air. She made her way to the bathroom to take a shower and brush her teeth. As she was getting ready for school, she could hear her mom preparing breakfast downstairs. EunSang diligently put on her clean uniform. She headed downstairs where her mom had prepared toast and eggs for her to eat before she leaves for school.

“Good morning! Heading to school early!” EunSang shouted as she sprinted downstairs.

EunSang put together an egg sandwich in the quickest way possible, puts on her school shoes, and zoomed out the door. Her mom didn’t have time to say good morning back or even tell her have a great day at school.

Every morning it is always like that. That daughter of mine is always in a hurry for school. She could at least take her time to eat once in a while. Her mom thought has she shook her head.

EunSang hustled her way to school. Her school was walking distance from where she lived. As she approached the school’s main gate, there was a crowd of young girls gathering like a flock of birds. Majority of these girls were either holding box lunches or goodie baskets. These girls were crowding the most popular guy at school, Kim Tan. Kim Tan is tall, handsome, smart, bilingual, and from a wealthy family. He is every girl’s dream boy. Including Cha EunSang. She has had a crush on him as long as she could remember. EunSang could see Kim Tan from afar even when many girls are crowding him. She gazed at him for 5 minutes until students started to jog there way inside the school grounds. It was time for first class to start. EunSang snapped out of her daydreams and hurried herself inside the school.

First class was over and EunSang was getting her textbook for her next class.

“HEY!” A woman shouted as she slapped EunSang’s shoulders. EunSang was startled by this action.

“Oh, hey BoNa. Geez, don’t scare me like that.”

“Cha EunSang, I could scare you however I want. We are bestfriends after all.

“*sigh* Okay, whatever. It still startled me.”

“You know what scares me. The way you look at Kim Tan. You just stare at him from a distance. Now, that’s scary and creepy.” BoNa teased as she giggled at EunSang.

“Can you shut up?!” EunSang scolded.

“What? It’s true. Anyways, I will head out first. Meet you in the classroom.” BoNa said as she walked away down the hall.

I can’t believe BoNa said that! It’s not creepy how I look at Kim Tan from far away. I just don’t want to seem like a groupie. I should use the bathroom before I go into class. BoNa’s statement stuck to EunSang’s mind like a bandaid. She turned around in a flash and bumped into someone, causing EunSang to drop her books. One of her books landed on this person’s foot heavily.

“I am so sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” EunSang pleaded as she kept bowing.

“No, no it’s quite alright. I was actually not paying attention either. I was texting someone as I was walking. So I was looking at my phone and didn’t realize you were in front of me. So I am sorry.” A deep voice spoke calmly.

EunSang’s eyes widen as she looked up to see Kim Tan lightly smiling at her. Her heart started to beat faster and her cheeks turned red.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT’S KIM TAN!!!!! KIM TAN IS SMILING AT ME!!!!! KIM TAN SOPKE TO ME!!!!! KIM TAN IS STANDING RIGHT INFRONT OF ME!!!!! EunSang’s thoughts were everywhere. She wouldn’t get a grip on herself. Kim Tan slowly picked up her books that fell on the ground.

“Here you go. Maybe we will both watch out where we are going in the future.” Kim Tan suggested while he has handing EunSang her books back.

“Ah yes. Maybe we will. Thank you…. Kim Tan.” She replied as she took her books back.

“Oh, you know my name?

“Umm of course. Everybody knows your name. You are well-known.”

“I guess you could say that. Since you know my name, what is yours?”

“EunSang……. Cha EunSang.”

“Cha EunSang. Well Cha EunSang I hope you have a great day.” Kim Tan responded as he smiled and walked away.

“You too….. Kim Tan” EunSang quietly said as she stared at him. She was so flustered at the situation that just happened. She couldn’t believe that Kim Tan spoke to her. EunSang wanted to keep living that moment over and over again.

 

 

---------------------------NOTES---------------------------

*Asterisks* are actions

Italics are thoughts