One step closer

Match made in heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the families’ gathered at baekhyun’s farm house. It was like a family gathering with suho’s parents, chorong’s parents, eunji’s parents and chanyeol’s parents. The girls hugged each other. They got into the luxurious house filled with garden. The younsters decided to look around the house while the elders were introducing each other. The couples were walking forward exploring while bomi was walking behind slowly as she noticed baekhyun was behind. He caught her pace and slowly played with her fingers. She glanced at him and he winked. She blushed when he caught her hand. She heard chorong calling her “Baek, leave me” she muttered. He shook his head grinning. She released her hand somehow and rushed to her. She turned around, glanced at him and smiled shyly while he grinned watching her.

The family gathered around discussing what they will do. They were chatting, sharing stories, etc. Bomi was touched watching her parents happily getting along with baek’s parents. She was thankful and also felt sad that she is not going to live with them. Baekhyun noticed her from a distance and mouthed ‘Are you okay?’. For which she smiled. She pouted when he got a call from the work place “He is busy again…..i just wanted him to take rest. I am worried about you baek” she thought.

Eunji grabbed her hand making her sit with the ladies while they were chatting about men. She giggled listening to their stories. She was amused how chorong’s mother in law was taking care of her and also eunji’s. She was really happy for them. She felt a hand on her head and noticed it was her mother in law “Are you happy bomi?” she asked. She teared up thinking she is lucky too and hugged her “Yeah mom”. Her mother in law her back knowing what she might be feeling “It is okay”. Bomi could see her mother tearing up too. She hugged her too.

The men gathered around discussing things about various things. Chanyeol was bored “Okay, that’s it” he said getting up. Everyone gave a look and he explained “We are here to enjoy not making groups and chat”. Baekhun agreed “That’s right. What is the purpose of us getting together?”. Suho agreed “Let’s play something”. The women agreed “Yeah, badminton please” said chanyeol’s mom. Eunji agreed “Yes, mom it will be fun”. They decided teams with women on one and men on the other. It was baekhyun’s turn and the women pushed bomi to play opposite to him. He winked while she blushed. He purposely played slowly while the men whined saying he was cheating. He scratched his nape “I am not cheating dad” he assured his father. Atlast the women won as all the men were partial to their partners.

After the match, baekhyun went inside to bring something but his wallet fell down. Bomi noticed that and took it. Her eyes shined watching their picture together "I have this too. Baek...he is....". He came back and saw her holding it "Umm..you saw?" he asked. She nodded " i did and not only this but your shirt with my lipstick mark too" she said. He stuck his tongue out "Ah....i am embarrassed" he said covering his cheek bones and explained everything. She was happy to see this side of him. He said taking her hand in his "Whenever you are away from me your photo helps me calm down. it gives me strength to overcome any difficulties. i feel as if you are telling me directly not to lose hope".  She said "Me too. i would always talk to it when you were away". He was happy hearing that "Bo..." he stopped as they were disturbed when they heard others laughing at a distance and scratched their napes.

The time went by but their fun didn’t. It was evening, after filling their stomachs they sat together playing the guitar and singing. Baekhyun smiled watching bomi enjoying. Somehow both wanted to spend some time alone. Her eyes landed on him and felt shy watching him. He signalled her to come near. She smiled secretly and sneaked near him slowly.  She settled besides him while he hid his cheekbones watching her. He saw that she placed her hand down and was busy watching others. He slowly placed his hand on hers. Bomi froze and looked at him shocked. He gave an adorable smile which melted her heart. She was afraid as others may discover. She shook her head indicting him to leave her hand but he shook his head saying he won’t. She felt nervous so she placed her scarf on their hands so that others can’t see them. Baekhyun was embarrassed after that he played with her fingers while she bit her lip. He held her hand tightly also caressing with his thumb. She covered her face with the other hand as she was extremely shy while he went closer and whispered “You look beautiful while blushing”.  She could only hide her face.

Eunji called her from the corner for some work “Bomi”. She heard that and quickly took her hand back but baekhyun held it tightly “Let go baek please” she pleaded while he grinned. She managed to pull her hand and ran away embarrassed. After few minutes he saw bomi was done with her work and was coming back. He turned his head to the other side grinning ear to ear “So you are coming back huh?” he thought. He could sense her taking a seat besides him and clasped his hand with hers without turning around.  He was happy but his eyes went round when he saw bomi at a distance. She shook her head and motioned him to look beside him. He turned his head and was shocked “Chanyeol, ewww” he said wiping his hands. Chanyeol smacked his head “You were the one who caught my hand”. Baekhyun sulked looking at bomi while she was giggling at his mistake. He left as if he was pissed. She felt bad for him and wanted to follow him but her mother in law called her. She had to obey her.

After a while, baekhyun was busy with the phone talking about work. Bomi pouted watching him when suho, chorong, eunji and chanyeol observed her. Suho said “He is always like that but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about you”. She snapped “No…it is not that. I am just worried”. Chanyeol smiled “Well, he is really fortunate to get a partner like you but i think you are equally fortunate too”. Bomi smiled. Chorong said “We gave him the idea to go on a date with you two days ago”. She was puzzled. Eunji added “Yeah, you know what he arranged for this get together”. Suho chuckled “When we asked him you know what he said”. Bomi was attentive. Chanyeol continued “He said bomi will be with me forever but she will be living with her parents only for a few days. These few days i want her to cherish those moments. Not only that but i want her to get along with my parents too for that we need to get together. Also her parents will be worried how her in laws will treat her so i want to assure them that we will always cherish her…..That’s what he said”. Bomi was touched. She teared up listening to that. Chorong and eunji gestured her to go and talk to him. She nodded and left.

Baekhyun ended the call and massaged his hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter