The Next Morning

Yoonseok Sleepover

A/N: (not sure how to add a co-author to just this chap so I'll do it this way?) co-author: omnomjoon (check her acct out!!)

 

(hoseok pov)

 

To be honest, I had expected to wake up on the opposite side of the bed as Yoongi, maybe even facing the opposite direction as him too, so it comes as a wonderful surprise that when I wake up, we’re still lying facing each other in the position we fell asleep in. Although it greatly lessens the desire to get up and out of bed, waking up in Yoongi’s arms, embraced in his body heat, brings me indescribable joy. My happiness is short lived, though, as the morning sunlight is seeping in through the cracks of the blinds at just the right angle to attack my eyes. I nuzzle my head under the covers beneath the arm of his that's slung across my shoulder to protect my eyes from any more possible eye-bullying that the future could hold.

 

Unfortunately, my movement - even the small amount that it was - causes him to stir and wake. I peek up at him from under the blanket and he looks down at me with a sweet, tired smile. His eyes are all droopy and laced with sleep but still twinkling the slightest bit, the air around us feeling, well, wonderfully gay - as in yes homo. I fail to hold back a snort at the thought, thus making him laugh his adorable laugh.

 

“You're so cute,” is also something I can't manage to hold back apparently. Not to mention I hadn't just said it, I had confessed it, all breathy and with a dreamy sigh, cheeks probably rosy, eyes sparkly and heavy-lidded - the whole shabang. My stomach takes a detour down a cliff, panic surging throughout my body, my eyes wide and cheeks burning up because how did I let that past my lips?

 

But he doesn't look at me funny like I had expected. Actually, I can't tell what his expression is. To put it into words, it’s almost as if he's looking straight through me at something else. My face starts to feel hotter and my lungs tighter under his quiet, blank-faced gaze.

 

It probably only takes a minute or so, but the wait for him to react feels like an eternity, “Oh,” is all he says, his face still unreadable.

 

Are you kidding me? That's it? ‘Oh.’? What’s that supposed to mean?

 

The way he's looking at me now is even more confusing than before, like he's thinking about saying something but doesn't know how to word it. So, I take a risk, I kill the awkward silence - I figure I might as well, considering all that I've done already - and I kiss him.

 

My mind can’t afford to be racing in a million different directions during this moment, but it goes right on ahead anyways while my heart rate quickly ascends. I’m not feeling bad at all, about having eyed at Yoongi’s lips for so long and now finally moving in for the kill, yet there’s this weight of doubt hanging over me: How the hell is he going to react?

 

A few three or four seconds can sure be a long time, but that’s just about how long it takes for Yoongi to realize what I’d just done. My eyes are shut, so I have no way of knowing how uncharacteristically flustered or natural and calm he is compared to me, but I sure can feel it.

 

He smirks. His lips curl up into that alluring smirk of his, right up against mine, and I’m really just trying not to break away and screech. I never thought he’d return my bold little smooch, but you know, whatever - yeah, it’s totally fine.

 

Sadly, the two of us do have to separate at a certain point, and my eyes flutter back open to catch a glimpse of whatever fleeting feelings I could have missed while we were lip locked. I don’t feel like asking questions, providing feedback. I’ll just let my sleepy bedmate either revel in the same dreamy state that beautiful peck provided me… or reject me.

 

Yoongi’s arm shifts across my shoulder and his hand lightly knocks me on the back of the head. His smile is so full that it’s almost contagious for me, despite this being a moment of truth (of sorts). “I think you’re the cute one.”

 

Huh? Am I hearing things?

 

“Wait, I'm sorry, what?”  I cringe at how my voice cracks a bit at the end.

 

“You're the cute one.”

 

Heat rushes to my cheeks upon the verification, no doubt coloring them a dark pink. “Nonononono, I- I don't thin-” my nervous mumbling is interrupted by Yoongi's lips being pressed against mine.

 

Now I've definitely had my fair share of stolen glances at Yoongi's baby lips - I mean, how could I have not, with such an intriguing shape, they were practically begging me to look at them all this time - but never had I predicted them to be this soft. I actually start to regret my decision to not bring any chapstick, my lips now feeling like a desert compared to Yoongi's oasis of a mouth.

 

The inevitable separation comes far too soon, but it does give me a chance to clarify our newfound situation.

 

“So, does this mean...?” I can't seem to grasp the right words.

 

“Uh, yeah, I guess it does.” he says with a shy smile, quite the contradiction to his seemingly fearless actions from just a few seconds ago.

 

I'm now able to take a deep breath, the load of awkward feelings from our previous years of being ‘just friends’ immediately being removed from my sunken shoulders. “Ok then.” I say with a nod and a smile.

 

He beams, “Ok then.”