002

HIGHNESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2

“Are we there yet?” Reine asked her father in the carriage. “Almost.” He replied. They arrived at the castle and three figures were at the entrance. “Good morning. They must be your daughters. I am King Archerre Yvon. These are my sons Prince Wyatt and Victor.” He introduced.

The girls saw they were 10% higher in average looks and started to smile. “Archerre, I thought you had three.” King Willithere said. “My eldest son is almost done having his solo portrait painted. He will join us in a while. Please come to the table so we can have brief introductions.” The servants proceeded to take their bags while the king led the to their wide dining table. The kings chatted, the princes were excited about their cousins and friends coming over, while the princesses chatted quietly about the eldest.

“What if he isn’t even close to handsome?” Reine asked. “He’ll probably be the smart one who cares about studying and is too ugly for us.” Adilene remarked. “Girls?” A voice said. The two princes are standing there. “We’re going to see our brother and if you want to see him also, you may come.” The girls agreed and they followed the two through the maze.

“He’s here.” The boy named Wyatt said. He entered and the prince’s back was faced towards them. “Done! You may leave now sir.” The painter stood up and went to clean his brushes while the mystery man still had his back faced to them.

“Rayford!” Victor screamed. Rayford finally turned around and shocked the girls. His hair was styled to perfection, he was wearing glasses but his eyes were beautiful. They scanned every part of his face and they all wanted him. Especially Reine.

“Victor, you’re getting on my nerves.” He finally spoke and it made the girls scream internally. He stood up and saw the girls. “I’m Rayford Yvon. Just call me Rayford.” He whispered something into Wyatt’s ear and he nodded.

The princes went ahead to check on something and the princesses screamed silently. “He is past our expectations!” Elaine gushed. “I’m so hungry for him now!” Reine said. “How do you make glasses look handsome!” Amarante said. “Shush! He might hear us.” Adilene warned them. They walked back to the dining room and saw souffles in front of them.

“Girls! Have some cheese souffles! King Archerre’s son made them.” King Willithere told them. “Cheese in a dessert? God no! That’s disgusting!” Reine said. She pushed the souffles off the table and the girls followed suit.

_________________________________________

“You shouldn’t have done that!” Victor told them. He and Wyatt looked at their brother whose eyes were big and he was shaking. “Son! Someone help me bring him to a couch.” King Archerre said. “It’s just a desert. Not a big deal.” Amarante said. “You made it worse!” Wyatt said. In a flash, Rayford fell on the floor hyperventilating then he passed out.

“Girls! Why did you do that? That dish is very special to Rayford.” Their father said. King Willithere helped King Archerre bring his son to a couch. The princes dragged the princesses to a private place and started helping them.

“You need to hide any prized possessions” Victor said. “I said the same thing when I first went here and the next day, my favorite medal was next to me but it was melted.” Wyatt said. “I also said a similar thing and my pet duck went down my digestive system.” Victor told them. The girls now feared their lives.

During lunch, the Kings went out to talk and eat and the princes and princesses stayed at the castle. They sat down and a dish was brought to the table. A duck. Fear flowed through their blood. After finishing their lunch, servants brought in covered dishes. The boys opened theirs and there was nothing wrong. When the girls opened theirs it was souffles with things piercing through the top. “I hope you didn’t really like those crowns.” Rayford said with an evil tone and walked out.

“Does that mean that our crowns are?” Adilene said and they were shocked. Including the boys.

"We warned you!!! R.I.P Sir Aves!" Wyatt shouted. "Don't mess with him now. He's really nice. He has bad anger though."

"It was just a desert. Why does he have to make a big deal about it?" Reine asked.

"He considers it as the last thing his mother made for him. His mother taught them and that was the last activity they did together before she fell ill and died." Wyatt said. "You'll need to apologize. He might start plotting against you guys. We'll have to look for him though." Victor said.

"Why?" Adilene asked.

"When he's mad, he runs off and returns at any time. We have to go now."

They ran out of the castles and directly to the stables. "Not enough horses. Adilene you have to ride with me and Amarante with Wyatt."

"Not enough horses?!"

"Two went out for washing, one was taken by Rayford and no one else is allowed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter