001

HIGHNESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

A beautiful day in Hallyuther. The sun is shining and people are bustling about chatting and selling foods but it is not a beautiful day for one person and it is the heir to the throne, Prince Rayford Yvon the First.

He’s tying his shoe and looks in the mirror. It is his mother’s death anniversary. “Son, are you ready?” The King, King Archerre Yvon the First is standing at the doorway of his biological son. King Archerre remarried a normal citizen but after giving birth to Victor, she died.

“Ready Father.” They quietly walked out of the house and got on their horses and rode off. “You remind me of your mother.” He told his son. Rayford nodded and looked straight ahead. Before his mother died, she told him to promise to let her characteristics live out through the kingdom. Loving his mother very much, he made sure that was fulfilled.

They entered the private cemetery and stopped to a tombstone. The King placed a bouquet of white flowers and laid it down beside the tombstone. They stared at the stone for a few minutes but the king couldn’t control himself and the tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Father.” Rayford said in a comforting tone. His father released his feelings only with his sons and his former wives so it was really distressing to see him act this way.

“Dad.” Rayford said trying to get his attention. “Let’s go home. We don’t need Wyatt and Vincent worrying about us.” He agreed and then they mounted their horses and rode back to the castle.

“You go back to bed Father. I’ll be helping the helpers with breakfast.” He casually told his father. “Okay son remember your portrait will be painted this afternoon. Also, after breakfast, go to my room. I have something for you.” His father walked inside the castle leaving Rayford with the horses.

“Jacque, Renee, come on.” He led the horses to their stables and went directly to the kitchen to help with breakfast. “Good Morning Evelyn.” He greeted the chef of the royal family.

“Sir Rayford! I expected you to be waking up your brothers!” He chuckled and went to the chopping board. “I’m here to help with breakfast. This afternoon is going to be a busy one.” He took the knife and started chopping the vegetables with a rhythm. “Okay sir.” Evelyn walked out of the room to fulfill her other duties.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter