Back Home

TRESPASS

“Minmung ah!!!” I screamed as I saw a guy at the waiting area welcoming me with a small banner.

            “Noona!” he ran towards me.

            “Minmung ah!”

We hugged. It was a bone crushing, oxygen depriving hug from my one only little brother.

            “I can’t believe that you’re back!” he said still hugging me.

            “Yaa…you got even taller since the last time I saw you...” I spun him around.  His laugh filled my ears in delight.

            “That was two years ago…so, how do I look now?”

            “Great…loves the blonde ‘do though…” I ruffled his hair. “Looks great on you…”

            “Thanks…let’s get your luggage and get out of here…”

We were walking out to the lobby and I saw heaps of people crowding us.

            “Isn’t that Minhyuk from Monsta X?” I heard one them saying. I looked at my little brother and he just smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder like a protective cocoon.

Minhyuk, that’s my brother…otherwise known as one of the member of idol group called Monsta X. He was part of the vocal line and being a bubbly self that he is ever since he was a kid, he was like the mood maker in the team. I always loved that aspect of Minhyuk…he’s a joy to be with and I’m not saying this because he’s my brother, it’s a well-known fact among his close friends. I was beyond ecstatic when he finally debuted after being a trainee for a long time…seeing him in that reality show was hard, but I was proud of him. My baby brother has grown up to be a man.

            “So, you’re here to stay right?” Minhyuk asked when we’re in the van. His manager waited for us at the parking lot, avoiding any possible stampede from his fans.

            “Yup…I got a job with a friend of mine and looks like I’m not going anywhere anytime soon…”

            “Good…now I don’t have to act like I was an only child around omma and appa…” he smiled.

            “I’m sorry I couldn’t come when you guys perform at LA…I was busy with work…”

            “It’s ok noona…I understand…omma and appa gonna be thrilled that you’re back…”

            “I hope so…are you on break now?”

            “Yeah…a week off but we have a long month ahead…events, fan signing…”

            “Aigoo…my brother is one busy idol…”

My mom and dad welcomed me home with a feast made for the whole neighborhood, but it felt good to have some home cooked meal after years abroad.

            “Minhee ya…are you seeing someone right now?” my mom asked. I was almost choked on my beef hearing that.

            “Omma…” I glared at her.

            “What?” she frowned. “It’s not like you got younger…don’t tell me that you’re not seeing anyone the whole time you’re in the States…”

            “I don’t have time to date omma…I’m busy with my work and studies…”

            “That’s just an excuse…” she said.

            “Let her be honey…” my dad chipped. “Most young women these days like to focus on their career more than anything…”

I looked at my dad and muttered silent thank you at him. He just nodded and smiled.

            “Looks like I’m gonna die without seeing my grandchildren then…”

            “Omma!” Minhyuk and I said in unison.

I was doing the dishes when my dad came, standing next to me.

            “Your mom is just being the over thinking paranoid self…you gotta understand her…” he said.

            “Nae appa…”

            “It’s just her friends been bragging about having grandkids and she’s just stressed about it…she didn’t mean any harm…”

            “I know appa…it’s just I don’t see the need to get marry any time soon…I still have a career that I need to build…”

            “Well…more than anything…I still can’t give my precious princess away to any man just yet…” he kissed the top of my head. “I’m glad that you’re home Minhee ya…”

I’m glad that I’m home too…being away from my family was the hardest thing I have to do…but now I’m back and I’m here to stay.

*************************************************

Just a short first chapter...