Christmas Special: Jongin's Masterplan

Playing in The Snow

Jongin had had enough. For how long these two fools were going to dance around each other? Maybe he was younger than them, but that didn't mean that he was blind, and even if he was he would have been able to feel the tension between them, and the way they often looked at each other screamed: I LIKE YOU MORE THAN A FRIEND. He was sick of Kyungsoo getting distrated at their tutoring sessions, and of Yifan's stupid smile everytime someone mentioned the doe eyed boy. Just, how stupid were they to not be able to notice it by themselves, while everyone else knew that.

 

Jongin had had enough, so he decided that this christmas his two friends will finally get together.

 

First step to making his plan come true was inviting them for christmas, like every other year since they were kids. They agreed, fabulous, Jongin smirked.

 

Step two was to make them decorate the christmas tree together to get them close. He knew that Kyungsoo loved putting the star on the top of the tree, so he made sure to buy extra-tall one this year and hide the ladder from the short boy. This way, Yifan would have to help him do it, preferably by holding him by the waist and raising him up.

 

Step three was kiss under the mistletoe and all would be done. They would live happily ever after and Jongin would be the godfather of their dogs. Wonderful.

„Excellent” Jongin said and started laughing in a very dark way, making his mom, who was standing by the door, worry about her son mental health.

 

 

It was the day of his plan to come true. Jongin put his ugly christmas sweater on himself and waited for his guest. The Do family arrived first, and soon after the Wus. Mothers talked with each other in the kitchen and fathers being fathers, discussed some boring stuff, leaving the three boys by themselves. To say the atmosphere was awkward was a misunderstanding, it was beyond the scale of awkwardness, with Yifan and Kyungsoo looking at each other with puppy eyes and idiotic smiles on their faces and Jongin standing next to them.

 

„Hi” Yifan said, not breaking the eye contact, his stupid smile growing.

„Hi” replied Kyungsoo, a small blush on his cheeks.

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and went to the living room, where the christmas tree stood, his friends following close after him. Jongin smirked to himself, it was time to start step two of his plan. „Okay, guys, I have to help my mom in the kitchen so start decorating the tree without me.” he said and went to the kitchen door, observing his friends who started doing their job.

 

„What are you doing, honey?” his mom asked him, and only got a long 'shhhhh' in response, which made her look at what he was staring at. „Jongin, why are you spying on Kyungsoo and Yifan?”

Jongin responded with „I want them to get together” while still looking at his friends. „I hope they will, but I can't lie, it's fun to watch them blush and giggle around each other” said Kyungsoo mother. „I agree” added Mrs. Wu and his mom.

 

„I knew it was obvious” murmured Jongin.

 

 

They nearly finished decorating the tree. All the time sending each other smiles, quick looks and nudging each other, which made Jongin roll his eyes even more. Finally, it was the time to put the star on top, Kyungsoo already had it in his hands and was looking at the big tree.

 

„Jongin, where is the ladder?” he asked.

„Oh, unfortunately it broke some time ago and I haven't had the time to repair it” Jongin, you sly fox, he thought to himself.

„Then how am I supposed do put it there?” the short boy whined and glared at his tanned friend.

„Maybe I'll help you?” Yifan offered, making Kyungsoo look at him with his big eyes and slightly rosy cheeks. Jongin's own eyes widened when he saw Yifan's hands coming closer to Kyungsoo's waist. 'Yes. Yes! YES!' he chanted in his mind, but the suddenly-

„I'll help you son!” shouted shorter's boy father and raised him like a child so he would be able to reach the top, making Jongin and the mothers groan in displeasure. After the star was situated, he let go of his son, amiling proudly. „I haven't been able to do it since you were 10, you were such a cute child, son. Well, looking at you now, you haven't grown much since then, haha.” he said, but soon shivered when he felt his son glare on himself.

 

'Okay, take it easy, Jongin. You still have the mistletoe.” or so he thought.

 

„Darling, the fire was dying down in the fireplace so I threw there this funny plant that was hanging above the door!”

 

„Oh my God! Dad!” Jongin shouted. Now his plan was ruined, and his friends were going to stay oblivious to the fact that both of them like each other! Just great.

 

So he did what he thought was best to do in this situation – slumped on the chair and pouted like a little child.

 

 

„Don't you think Jongin was acting strange today?” asked Yifan, while he and Kyungsoo were drinking hot chocolate on the balcony and looking at the thick coat of snow that was covering the streets and trees.

„Isn't he always acting strange tho?” asked the doe eyed boy.

„You have a point.” Yifan nodded. „But he was extra childish today. And the way he was observing us while we were decorating the tree? I have shivers when I think about it.” He said and then looked at his friend. „True” the other answered. „Maybe his mom didn't let him decorate the gingerbread cookies this year, you know he's horrible at it but still loves to do it.”

„Maybe” then there was this comfortable silence between them, just the sound of falling snow and Jongin child-like from the living room whines could be heard. Suddenly, the wind got colder and Kyungsoo shivered, which hadn't escaped Yifan's eyes.

 

„Are you cold?” he asked with a slight frown on his face.

„I'll survive” the shorter boy laughed, but shivered some more.

„Nonsense, come here.” Yifan said and opened his arms for his friend. Kyungsoo looked at him for a while, and then, with a small blush, let himself be hugged by the other, his heartbeat faster than usually. He couldn't deny it, his giant friend was a great hugger. After some time he was warm again, but didn't want to leave the comfortable embrace, so he just closed his eyes, laid his head back, supporting it on Yifan's chest, and took a deep inhale, savouring the moment.

 

Suddenly, he felt someone caressing his face. When he opened his eyes he saw Yifan looking at him with adoration in his eyes, which he knew could be found in his own pair. They stayed like this for a moment, until something caught taller's eye.

 

„Soo, isn't it a mistletoe?” he asked, making the other look in the direction where said thing was. His eyes widened a little, before a soft smile found its way on his lips.

 

„Yes, it is.”

 

Their eyes locked, warm feeling spreading slowly inside their bodies, while their faces were getting closer and closer to each other. Their breath visible in the cold, cheeks rosy and eyes hooded. When their nose were touching they closed their eyes. Finally, after so much time, they kissed. Their lips met for a few seconds, which were filled with affection. In this small, innocent kiss they poured all of their hearts, all of their love towards each other, every unspoken word, and they knew. They knew that it was the beginning of a new chapter of their lives, chapter that they will write together.

 

When they broke the kiss, soft smiles bloomed on their faces and they hugged each other tightly.

 

„Merry Christmas, Soo”

„Merry Christmas, Yifan”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

„WHAT?! YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER?! SINCE WHEN?!” shouted Jongin the next day, not believing his ears.

 

„Ehmm, since yesterday? You know there was this mistletoe on your balcony and I think it gave us the guts to finally kiss?” said Yifan, while playing with Kyungsoo's fingers, and then they smiled affectionately at each other.

 

Jongin stared at them in disbelieve.

 

„MOM, MY PLAN WORKED!” he shouted while running to his parents room, leaving his two friends confused.

 

„What plan?” asked Yifan and looked at his boyfriend.

„I don't know, and I don't care” answered Kyungsoo before pulling the taller for a kiss.

 

...

I'm alive and came back with a christmas special!

Anyway, you got your kiss people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Sorry for not writing for such a long time, but working and studying dead languages leaves me with no time :///

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I'm sorry for any grammatical errors but I don't have time to check this right now 'cause I'm going to work in a minute, but I'll try to edit it later! Also, English is not my native language so please don't be too harsh on me, but point out the mistakes I made XD