final

Playing in The Snow

'I hate snow' Kyungsoo thought as he struggled to get to his house. It was snowing for the past few days and the level of snow was really high, nearly reaching his knees. The low temperature wasn't helping.

 

'I hate winter. I hate my life. I hate everything' He wanted to lay in his bed under his blanket and never leave his room again. As he was nearing his house he heard someone calling his name. He turned to see who it was.

 

Yifan was heading in his direction waving his hand and smiling like an idiot. Snow didn't seem to bother him as he quickly reached Kyungsoo. 'Damn his long legs' The short boy thought.

 

„What do you want?” he asked.

„Aren't you a ray of sunshine” the chinese boy said and laughed. „I just wanted to ask if you want to hang out this weekend. Chanyeol bought new game and I want to kick his ”

 

Kyungsoo looked up at his friend. Damn the height difference. „Can't you go alone?” he really didn't want to leave his house until the snow melts away and the thought of having to walk fifteen minutes to his friend's house wasn't too encouraging.

 

„Please, I don't want to have to witness his and Baekhyun's making out session all by myself. I need somebody to hand me a bucket when I feel like throwing up.” The tall boy said flinching at the thought. Kyungsoo was just looking at him with a blank stare. „Please?” Yifan begged while trying (and failing) at doing aegyo.”Pretty please?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and nodded. „Okey”he couldn't feel his toes and was more irritated by the cold with every second. He looked at his friend who had a big smile on his face. How could he think of him as intimidating when he first met him? The guy was just a gigantic puppy. Really.

 

„But, promise me something Yifan.”His friend nodded implying for him to keep going. „Never do aegyo again, it was horrible” After saying that the short boy started walking towards his house. Suddenly, he felt something really cold hitting him in the back of his head. He froze in his tracks and turned to see his friend looking like nothing happened.

 

„You didn't...”The boy said in disbelief.

„I don't know what you are talking about” The taller one said while looking at the sky, corners of his mouth moving upwards.

„You do realize that this means war, right?” Before Yifan could say anything he was hit right in the face. Soon after there were a lot of snowballs flying in the air and laugh could be heard in the neighbourhood.

 

„Eat this, you giant!” Kyungsoo screamed and throwed his snowball right in the Yifan's face (again).

The taller boy was all in snow and Kyungsoo couldn't controle his laughter anymore. Suddenly, he heard something that sounded like a war cry and saw his friend coming at him. He squealed as he was tackled to the ground.

 

When he opened his eyes he realized how close they were. Yifan's face was only few inches away and his deep brown eyes stared into Kyungsoo's wide ones. Smaller boy gulped but he couldn't tear his eyes away or move and neither could Yifan. They were just looking at each other not saying anything. Time seemed to stop. Kyungsoo wondered how long they had been lying in the snow.

 

He had to admit that he never realized how handsome his friend was. The way his soft blonde hair shone in the daylight, the way his brows furrowed in confusion, his slighty parted lips, no surprise that almost every girl in school had a crush on him.

 

Once again, he look into the other boy's eyes only to meet his gaze filled with something that he couldn't decipher.

 

Before he could think of anything else he realized that the distance between him and his friend was becoming smaller and smaller. Not knowing what to do Kyungsoo just laid still. To his surprise he wasn't panicking, he felt relaxed, his heart beating steady.

 

When their noses were nearly touching and he could feel the other's breath on his face he slowly started closing his eyes, awaiting the kiss.

 

„Kyungsoo! Are you here?” And just like that the moment was gone. He quickly shoved Yifan off him and stood up. 'What the hell happened?' he thought, his face red from embarrassment. He looked at his friend who was brushing snow off his coat with a blush on his face.

 

Suddenly, the person who interrupted their moment together showed themself.

 

„What are you two doing?” Jongin asked looking suspiciously at the two boys in front of him.

„Nothing” Kyungsoo blurted out and continued looking at the ground. Jongin raised his eyebrow, clearly not believing the elder boy.

„Anyway...You remember about tutoring me, right?”he asked.

„Of course.” Kyungsoo lied. To be honest he had forgotten about it but he would do anything to get away from this awkward situation he was in right now.

 

He grabbed Jongin's arm and started walking towards the younger boy's house.

 

„Bye Yifan” he said in unlikely high voice. The tall boy nodded, his face still red. Jongin only looked at them in a strange way and let himself be dragged by Kyungsoo.

 

'' was what both friends thought.