The Eye

The Wolf that Fell in Love with Little Red Riding Hood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While being dragged away half-heartedly, her mind kept on wandering around. She couldn't help but the questions of Takuya's whereabout was getting her crazier each time as they all provoked her inside her inner wall. As if she was going to lose her sanity at the exact time. She didn't want to let it go like that either but she had to. Her focus on this guy who was responsible in dragging her was worthier than Takuya. At least, only for this time.

From afar, she could see the place she believed they were heading for. Or he was heading for with her.

It was the route he used to pass and met Takuya for once. Like the past, it was dark. It was always be. Just a little stream of moonlight helped them to see what was around.  

Why was this place of all the places?

Now, they were standing still in front of the big tree. The same familiar tree to Jooyoung. Taewoong suddenly let go of her hand, his back was on her. Their breathe was the only sound that over power the silence. The air became thicker. At least, it was what Jooyoung felt. May be she was not alone at all. 

Taewoong on the other hand felt the same. Judging from the way he opened his mouth as a gesture to say something yet nothing came out. Again, he tried. And again, the result remained the same. Of course, Jooyoung couldn't see it. He was turning his back on her after all. But one thing Jooyoung could point out from her observation, Taewoong's shoulder was trembling. His body was breathing up and down as if the boy had experienced something bad. Much to her dismay.

Her eyebrows were knitting together. The usual reaction when something confused her all.

Yet, she was just going to wait, gave him a little more chance to speak himself out.

"You must be puzzled right now as why I bring you here." His voice was low, and came out as slow as possible. More like he was reluctant to speak in the first place. More like a whisper. As if he didn't want her to hear him out.

Suddenly, all Jooyoung could see was his body was shaking so bad. Like in a crying, devastating state. But the boy didn't give her a chance to peek by turning his body away from her. He stepped away towards the tree and disappeared behind it. Before he could vanish, the light shone on his face gave her all glory to steal a look on his side profile. There, she could see a glimpse of single tear streamed down his cheek. Indeed, he was crying. Why?

Jooyoung could sense a sympathy deep down her heart which putting her at unease. She felt responsible to do what she thought the best in order to make the poor boy smiled again. There must be a solution. Boldly, she headed forward to reach him. Yet, all she saw was a guy who leant against the tree as a support. His big hand was brought up to fully cover his face. However, everything seemed wrong. So wrong that Jooyoung started to feel her hair on her skin was standing up straight. 

"Didn't I tell you there are a lot of untrust-worthy people in this world?" That voice didn't belong to Taewoong in any possible way. Even a bit. Then it hit her right away. Those words, she used to hear them from someone. The resemblances too were no where to be found. This guy's hair was silky black, not like the brownish one Taewoong possessed. She scanned him from head to toe, tried to find out some sort of clue. Sadly, there was nothing about this unknown guy in her memory. Or she was wrong. 

"Surprise enough? Don't expect to see me instead of that Taewoong?" The hand which covered his face a moment ago was now being dropped by his side lifelessly. Revealing all his profile without any fear. 

On other way around, Jooyoung gasped for air. She might be mistaken for having a breathing trouble by the stiffness of her body. Her complexion was ghastly pale. While her eyes looked like they were going to burst out from their sockets. 

With much difficulties, she tried to move her lips, arranging her words. 

"Y-you? What did you do to Taewoong?" If one thing could describe her in this situation, she was rooted to the ground like a stable tree. Although she was stuttering at first, she immediately found her sense back. Her facade seemed calm. Almost like she had never been shaken at the beginning. Almost like she didn't have a single fear crept in inside of her just now. Instead, all of the fragile mask had been replaced with the strong one she tried so hard to put on. Her eyes were surprisingly intimidating as she pierced through the guy's very own eyes in front of her. If looks could kill...

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter