For the meantime...

Musings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up early in the morning in a good mood, probably one of the rare times I ever had in times as such. I looked around me and realized that I wasn’t home, and that I was still wearing the shirt and jeans I’ve gone out with the previous night sans the layers I’ve worn. I found them hanging at the back of a door I didn’t recognize at all and realized I’ve slept on a bunk bed.

 

 I’ve figured it was his room or probably another place. I remember sitting on a couch with him the previous night at their dorm, but this place is just strange, but I wasn’t in the least bit worried. I woke up in a worse state and in an even worse place many times when I was younger. Those days were the bomb – getting drunk to a stupor, doing crazy stuff, all laughter and without regard to consequence – but I outgrew that. Still, waking up in a strange place without recollection of how you got there is familiar ground.

 

I stood up, straightening my shirt out as I walked towards a shabby looking dresser with a good layer of hair spray and dust particles on its surface, making my reflection quite distorted. I still had makeup on, particularly the black eyeliner I’ve applied the previous night. Damn, these things surely are waterproof. I was in the middle of fixing my short hair which was sticking out to different directions when I saw movement behind me through the mirror.

 

Leaning closer to the mirror, I tried to figure out what it was that I saw when I spotted a figure on the top bunk, wrapped in thick blankets, only showing his face as he blinked at me with wide eyes. I turned around and managed a smile.

 

“Hey,” I greeted with a slight wave.

 

“Hey,” he said right back in a deep voice.

 

“Sorry if I disturbed you. I didn’t realize there was someone else in the room.”

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You didn’t transform to your current state from Wonwoo, did you?” he asked, getting up and nearly hitting his head on the low ceiling. Now I could see more of him – rather tan with pretty eyes and grey dyed hair, ninety percent in place due to unwashed hairspray or hair wax.

 

His question is stupid, but I didn’t want to be rude, being a guest in their house and all. I shook my head. “I’m his friend.”

 

He nodded in understanding, rubbing his eyes as he mentioned my name. As it turns out, his name is Mingyu and he’s one talkative person. He didn’t even realize he was telling me too much, innocently telling me things that amused me to no end.

 

“Wonwoo talks about you a lot.”

 

“What does he say?” I asked slowly, encouraging him to speak even more.

 

“He says you’re older.”

 

“That, I am.” I nodded as if considering his answer. Well, yeah, I’m at least four years older than Wonwoo.

 

Mingyu hesitated. “He said you’re really pretty and that you’re a cool chick. I think he likes you a lot.”

 

“Really now?” I played along. Wonwoo is really expressive about his thoughts and feelings where I am concerned. It’s no secret that he is attracted to me. He tells everyone. He’s like a kid who just got his first crush, and the fact that he goes through lengths to fit me into his hectic schedule is a testament to that. “How can you say that?” I asked, prompting Mingyu.

 

“He said so and I have the feeling he’s got it bad for you.” He laughed, exposing teeth. He had one of the prettiest smiles I’ve ever seen, unique in its imperfection, but I still preferred Wonwoo’s nose-crinkling smiles which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, similar to how it was when I first met my ex, only more potent this time.

 

Mingyu is adorable, I’ve realized. He’s also sinfully hot though he does not seem to be aware about it, but for some reason, I can’t feel anything close to attraction towards him. He’s gorgeous and his eyes just made you want to be controlled by him. He looked similar to my ex’s friend, who my sister was kind of dating, but Mingyu is an overgrown child. Period.

 

“That’s cute,” I finally answered, sighing.

 

I knew it, but really, I don’t have any plans to take things a step further with Wonwoo. I’m enjoying where we are at the moment as friends…really close friends despite the rather short time we’ve known each other, close to a month. We just enjoyed each other’s company that much that I was willing to get out of the comfort of my bed at dawn in winter just to see him, which was what exactly brought me to the circumstance I am in.

 

Hell, I was reading a novel that was recommended to me by my friend when Wonwoo suddenly texted me, asking if I wanted to grab coffee with him. I thought he was referring to breakfast, but then he said he and his group just got off practice and I knew he meant he wanted it right there and then. It was like two in the morning, we were both tired me from all the things I have to do and him for the preparations for their upcoming concert, but like I said, we just can’t resist each other’s invites.

 

It’s frustrating. I really like him, too, like a lot, but I can’t say so, because I think I’m not ready and to be honest, I have some issues with our age difference. I’m twenty four and he’s turning twenty. Sure, he was mature for his age and I always considerate, but I need to think about the consequences.

 

Age wouldn’t be such a big issue since I didn’t look my age at all and I was the type who needed to get my ID out whenever I buy liquor or cigarettes from a convenience store. I’m a stock broker and the people I dealt with at the beginning didn’t want to take me seriously until they find out for themselves how old I really am. Nobody believes I’m twenty four and they’d buy it if I said I was in high school.

 

However, I just came out of a very emotionally, mentally and physically taxing relationship with someone who was three years younger than me, Oh Sehun, another idol. Well, not just another idol since he’s really popular, thus the outcome of our relationship. It was a hectic, whirlwind of trouble after the other. The struggle was real and I think it somehow had something to do with how he is younger than me. He’s ing immature, but I loved him just the same.

 

I overlooked all of his flaws. It’s not blindness, but I just didn’t mind, or I thought I didn’t mind because in the end, I realized I actually did. Funny. All our friends, Kyungsoo in particular, would point this and that and how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter