When everything started

My Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

 

Little Bomi shut her eyes and flinched when she saw that a hard slap was about to land on her "mom". She was peeking from a little opening from the door of the house of her aunt. She was supposed to surprise Namjoo and her "family" to play with them only to be met by a shocking scene. A loud thud was heard and albeit scared Bomi opened an eye and witnessed her mama cat crash on the floor. The poor cat is bleeding and looks really weak and in pain. It has been a week when Bomi last saw them so she decided to personally come and see them. Little Bomi took a step back but due to agitation she didn't notice a table with a vase on top behind her. Unluckily, Bomi nudged the vase and a loud crashing sound echoed on the whole house. Trembling with fear, Bomi only glance at the shards of the broken vase at the floor unable to move due to fear. She again flinched when the door where she was peeking a while ago bursted open revealing her aunt with a gentle smile on her face.

"Oh my sweet Bomi, you should've said something if you were coming over. Are you looking for Namjoo?" Bomi's aunt said in a calm manner but Bomi knew that she was faking it.

Instead of answering, Bomi glanced to the side, checking the condition of the poor cat. Bomi's aunt noticed the side glances Bomi had and immediately blocked her vision.

"Namjoo is in her room. You can go to her if you want," Her aunt said trying to push Bomi aside to make her leave.

"M-mama cat," Bomi mumbled but her aunt heard her otherwise.

Upon hearing Bomi's words, Bomi's aunt placed her hands on Bomi's shoulder, gripping on them tightly. Bomi slightly winced from the touch but immediately turned her focus to her aunt who crouched down at her level.

"Listen Bomi, you are the heir of the most powerful family. And someday, you will get everything that you want. You can do everything that you wish and have everything that will please you. You shouldn't feel sympathy or regret. Slaves are slaves. And you can do whatever you want with them. They are here to serve and if they somehow fail their job. They are entitled for a punishment. Do you understand?" Bomi's aunt stared at Bomi's eyes as if engraving on the kid every word that left . 

"But they're my family," Bomi insisted with a frown.

"No they're not Bomi. They're different. We are your family, you understand? Go now. Namjoo has been locking herself in her room for a week. You should play with someone with the same status Bomi-ah," Her aunt said before returning to the room where the poor cat was left. Bomi wanted to follow her aunt but found the room locked when she twisted the doorknob. She tried to knock but was only met by dead silence. With heavy shoulders, Bomi left the house walking to her own dejectedly. 

'Later, this night. I will return.' Bomi said to herself as she made a run to the direction of her house.

 

That same evening a rustling sound coming from a bush nearby can be heard through the dark night. With stealthy steps Bomi and her companion made their way to the front door of Namjoo's home hiding carefully at the corner before entering.

"You stupid kid. Why did you have to bring me here with you!?" Eunji half-whispered and half-shouted to Bomi's ear.

"Yah! Quiet you monkey! We barely meet each other and this is how you're going to treat me!" Bomi barked back but kept her voice low.

"Why do we even have to hide ourselves. They're your relatives so isn't it stupid doing this?" Eunji kept on whispering to Bomi the moment she fetch her at the middle of the night on her home.

"I already explained myself! We are going to rescue my family so just follow me ok?" Bomi clamped Eunji's mouth to prevent her from blabbering any further. Bomi peeked at the inside of the house to trace for any guards. She was about to run inside with Eunji on hold but a loud explosion suddenly erupted. A loud roar rang on the peaceful night and the impact of the said explosion shattered all the windows of the mansion. The two kids who was about to enter flew back for a few meters due to the impact. Both of their ears rang and felt their body shake from the sudden happening. Bomi was the first to get up. The sudden explosion left her immobile for a second. She felt that she was unconcious for a while and as soon a she opened her eyes, glaring flames were covering the whole mansion. Maids, guards, and slaves run frantically outside the house trying to save their own life. They all each pass on Bomi and Eunji's spot but turned a blind eye due to fear. Bomi turned to Eunji and found her friend still unconcious due to the sudden explosion. She then shook her friend to wake her up which Eunji finally did after a few shakes. Her reaction was the same with Bomi upon seeing the huge fire and the people running outside due to panic. The two kids was left dumbfounded and only stared at the blazing fire in front. Just then Bomi's aunt and uncle came into sight and were also sweating from the heated mansion. 

"Aunt! Uncle!" Bomi called upon seeing them.

"Bomi! Why are you here!?" Her uncle said with panic eyes.

"I-I was just," Bomi stuttered unable to finish her sentence.

"Nevermind that. Perhaps have you seen Namjoo? We checked on her room before leaving the house but she's not there so we thought she already run outside," Bomi's aunt asked.

Bomi only shook her head in answer as she continued to stare at the burning house.

'Don't tell me.'

Without further ado, Bomi dashed to the direction of the house leaving Eunji and her relatives in shock of what Bomi had done.

"Bomi!!"

The scorching heat coming from the blazing house can be felt penetrating on Bomi's skin. It was too hot that she thought she was being grilled alive but she was dedicated to find her cousin.

"Namjoo-ah!" Bomi called as she continued to search the huge mansion. The place is slowly turning into rubbles and the danger of the ceiling collapsing due to the immense heat is increasing. Bomi continued to search but instead of finding Namjoo, she found her 'family' instead. Bomi dashed to their direction but a column just so happened to collapse before her trapping the family of cats on the other side.

"Mama! Papa! Hayoung!" Bomi screamed but immediately got choked by the smoke.

The parent cats stared at Bomi and as if on cue, they changed to their human form. They were so the heat coming from the fire pierced through their skin and made them wince. Mama cat lifted the unconcious Hayoung and threw her at Bomi's direction. Bomi managely caught the kitten and hugged her on her embrace. Bomi frowned when she noticed that the two adults were not moving an inch.

"What are you doing!? We need to flee immediately! I'll find a way out! I--"

Bomi wasn't able to continue when she saw her 'parents' shook their head.

"We can't run young master. We hurt our leg while protecting Hayoung. We cannot flee," Mama cat stated calmly and Bomi can't seem to figure out how they she can possibly do that.

"Young master, Take care of our child for us. I hope that in the future, when you succeed the throne, you remain as the kind and compassionate kid as you are now," Papa cat smiled to Bomi.

"No, no. Pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter