Chapter 11

The Merger

Chapter 11

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

The show was successful as always. Tzuyu looked like she was really used to it. She didn’t even look like she was nervous. After the show, the girls invited me to go for a drink but Vernon declined for me. He said that maybe I’ll drink because earlier, I murmured margarita and he thought I want to drink but honestly, I just smelled margarita.

We are now home; me, laying in the bed while Vernon is taking a shower.  I saw him went out of the CR only with a short and a shirt on. “Dahyun, I’ll leave for a meeting at Hong Kong tomorrow.” He informed me. “Okay, for how many days?” I asked. “The meeting will only be a day but the business owner said that he will tour me and my secretary in Hong Kong. I think it will only be less than a week.” He replied and lay beside me. After minutes of smelling his scent, I got sleepy.

 

I opened my eyes and saw Vernon spraying his perfume. “Ready to go out already?” I asked him and settled myself at the bed. “Yeah.” He replied. “I have to go.” He said. “Want me to drive for you?” I asked him. “Really? Just drive me to office or if you want, in the Airport. I’m running late now.” He said to me. “Alright then but is it alright if I’ll wash my face and change for a while? It’ll be fast. I promise.” I said then he nodded “Make it fast alright.” When I heard him say that I immediately entered the CR and did what I told him. After minutes, I went out of the room and saw Vernon scribbling his phone. “Let’s go!” I yelled and walked out of the room.

 

“You’re here” I said. “Bye Dahyun. Take good care and be safe. Call and text me. I’ll just update you myself.” Vernon said but I didn’t answer him. He went to my side when he went out of the car. “If you want to go there, call me and I’ll fetch you in the airport.” He wants me to go there? A surprise visit will do. “When you get there, Send me you hotel’s address.” I said to him. “No need, at the heart of Hong Kong, One of my hotel is there and I’ll stay there.” He said. “How many hotels do you have in Hong Kong?” I asked him. “4 but that hotel I mentioned is the largest and the nearest from the airport.” He said. “Alright! Go now!” I said to him. “Okay.” He said and started walking to the airport. I heard my phone rang. “Chaeyoung!” I said as I picked up. “Where are you? Junyeong said that we will have a lunch date.” She said through the other line. “Okay, I’ll be there. Just send me the place. I’m in the airport right now.” I responded. “What are you doing there? It’s too early.” She said and I looked at my wrist watch to see that it’s only 9 in the morning. “It’s already 9! You just woke up early that is why it’s early for you.” I replied. “Be there Dahyun. I have to go now. See you later!” She said and ended the call and I also drove back to Vernon’s unit.

 

 

After I took a bath, I received a text from Junyeong saying that we will meet by 11pm. I still have time, so I opened the TV. When it was on, I saw a very familiar ring that zoomed then I heard the host spoke. “Some sources even said that before the event officially started, they were spotted together.” My eyes were wide opened because at the same time they zoomed out the picture. It shows that Vernon was facing me and I was smiling. I didn’t know he faced me. “The next picture is this.” The 2nd host said and the screen flashed a picture when I was about to remove the ring and Vernon was holding my hand stopping me to do so. “I hope all of this is real. They really look good together.” The host said. “So, we have another picture of Mr. Vernon and Ms. Dahyun. It was sent by our other news team.” Then the 3rd photo was shown. I was sitting down and Vernon was standing.  He was fanning me through his hands. By this time the event was already finished. “Oh! I can see that Vernon is really in love with Dahyun!” A girl host said. “I hope I can meet my Vernon someday.” She added. “I heard that Mr. Choi is known as a chick magnet. He dated or should I say went out with some models, actresses and other pretty girls.” With that comment, I smiled. “Yes, But hopefully he already changed. Dahyun and Vernon is really a good match.” A girl host said then I turned off the TV. Nonsense s shouldn’t be talked about.

 

I opened the restaurant’s door where I will meet the other girls. As soon as I entered, I saw the girls waving at me. “Hello! Did you order already?” I asked them. “We already did.” Nayeon replied. “I heard you drove your husband to the airport earlier.” Junyeong said. “Yeah, he went for a meeting in Hong Kong” I heard Nayeon laughed. “I think you should go there. Husband might be in someone’s arms.” She said sarcastically. “I know right. I’m actually planning to go there tomorrow or the day after.” I said. “That’s good. Nayeon already told us everything. That guy has guts” Junyeong said. “Yeah, when I was still in Italy, I saw him with someone there.” Chaeyoung said I smiled. “I’m already used to it. Let’s not talk about that jerk. Let’s enjoy ourselves. I’ll be in Hong Kong for days.” I said to them then fortunately, the order came. We ate our food while talking about good times. I really enjoyed being with them again.

 

“Here is the dessert!” Chaeyoung said as we saw the waiter approaching us. When it was opened, I eventually sat up and run towards the cr. I puked immediately when I entered the cr. I used to love lime juice flavored ice cream but earlier, it smells disgusting. I heard my friends’ voices entered the cr. “Are you alright?” They asked. “Yeah, it was just the smell of the ice cream.” I said. “I thought you would love it.” Nayeon said. “I love it but I’m pregnant. Maybe just because of the baby.” I stated. “Let’s go back there now.” I said and started walking back to our table. We continued eating and they already removed the ice cream from our table. After half an hour staying with them chatting and laughing, I heard my phone rang. “Hello? Good day mom!” I greeted my mom. “Where are you?” She asked through the other line. “I’m with the girls. Why did you call?” I said as I put my phone in loudspeaker. “Well, some reporters went here in the office earlier asking about you and Vernon. Sulli also called me that there were media asking them too.” She said. “Then?” I asked and looked at the girls. “Your dad said that you should leave later and discuss it with Vernon. Vernon is in Hong Kong right now right?” She asked. “Yes.” I replied and looked at my friends. “Should I?” I asked them. “You have to.” They all answered. “Okay mom. I’ll fly there later. I’ll just pack some stuffs. I’ll stay there until tomorrow afternoon.” I said to my mom. “Alright. God bless and take care of yourself on the way there. Bye!” She said before ending the call. “You have to pack now.” Nayeon said. “I’m sorry girls. I’ll just catch up next time. Bye! Enjoy yourselves” I said and went out after they bid their byes to me.

 

Few minutes from now the plane will land. I'm so lucky to have my parents, they already booked me a flight before I agreed that I'll be going. Lucky isn’t it? Well I really think that’s a bad thing. After minutes of waiting, finally I stepped at the land of Singapore. I immediately went to the place where people can see vehicles. I really want to rest. First thing that I will do when I'll arrive at the hotel is sleep. "Good Evening" I said as I settled myself at the backseat of the taxi. "Good Evening too Miss. Where do you want me to drive you?" The taxi driver asked. It’s fortunate that he could also speak and understand English. "Here" I showed him the hotel's picture. "Just nearby." He said and started driving. As the car stopped he went out and directly opened the door for me. "Thank you Mr." I said and handed him the bill then he nod at me and started the engine again.

 

I reached the front desk and asked "Where is Mr. Choi?" I looked at the girl. "Excuse me? You need to ask for an appointment" She said to me raised a brow. With what she did, I smiled and removed my glasses and face mask. I saw shock on her face and it took a long time. "Where is Vernon?" I asked again and flashed a friendly smile at her. "He is in the suit 513; 13th floor." She answered me when she regained her composure. As I started my pace to the elevator, a staff went to me and helped me with my bags. "Which suit Miss?" he asked. "13th  floor. I'll just go to the suit on my own." I said and entered the elevator. After the whole elevator ride with the stopping thing, we finally reached the 13th floor. "Just leave me here" I said as he handed me my hand bag. I did not bring too much clothes, just enough for 1 or 2 days stay here.

 

Minutes of walking, I saw a door that has a 513 in it. I was about to open the door but the door was already opened ajar. I slowly entered the suit and saw a pair of heels away from each other. The first one is on the couch while the other one is on the hallway which I think is the way to the room. My thoughts has full of things that I don’t want to see with my own eyes. I started my pace to the room. How good of them not to close the main door and the room's door. Right in front of my face is Vernon pinned down by a girl. I can’t clearly see Vernon's face right now but I could see the girl's face. This is the girl that was on Vernon's office the day we got married. May be she was told by Vernon to follow him here. I leaned over the door's frame and just looked at them. Seconds has left and now I'm currently calling Vernon's phone. When my phone was able to contact Vernon's I heard a really loud phone ringing just by my side and realized that it was Vernon's. The call interrupted them and they both looked at me with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry, I didn’t know Vernon was here" I lied and went out but before I could entirely leave the room, I heard a groaned and ignored it. I sat on the couch and throw the heels. "" I murmured. "Let me explain" I was a bit startled by that announcement of Vernon but I recovered immediately and smirked at him. "No need" I replied "But-" I didn’t allow him to finish and spoke. "You should have continue it." I declared then he didn’t answer anymore. He went back to the room. What a jerk. He will really let the girl him? After seconds, Vernon went out again with the girl following him. I ignored them and just sat on the couch like nothing happened. Again, I proved myself that Vernon is really a thing.