I Lied...I Do Feel Something

Prince of Hearts, Prince of Thieves

Monique leant against the wall, watching as the Sherif and his men fought with Seungyoon and his friends. She rolled her eyes, and whistled.
    "Oi! Sherif!"
The group of men froze, and turned to stare at the 19 year old girl.
    "Monique? What are you doing here?" Seungyoon hissed, but his eyes grew wide as the Sherif and his men dropped to their knees.
    "Lady Monique," the Sherif said politely, "would you allow us to continue? We must put this man in jail or---"
    "Or what? Yah~ let them go. I and Prince Yoseob do not appreciate fighting on our fields. Please leave, now, or else I will be forced to make you leave," Monique said calmly. She winked at Seungyoon, and he held back laughter.
    "B-But..." the Sherif whispered.
    "Sherif..." Monique warned.
The Sherif nodded, and motioned for his men to leave.
    "Of course, Lady Monique. Anything for you."
The group hurried away and Monique laughed, her eyes sparkling.
    "Yoseob's given me some of his power now that everybody knows about us," she explained, smiling.
    "Mm, y," Seungyoon, smirked, stepping closer to Monique, who immediately backed away.
    "No. Seungyoon, it was a one time thing."
Seungyoon frowned.
    "Why did you help us then?"
    "Because even though it was a one time thing, I like you, and I don't want you to get killed or arrested," Monique said gently.
Seungyoon frowned, looking confused.
    "Didn't you have fun with me?"
    "No! Of course I had fun! It's just...Yoseob..." Monique broke off and Seungyoon's eyes grew cold.
    "He found out about our...time together...and he got jealous? Do you even want to marry this guy, Monique?"
Monique blushed.
    "I-I don't actually know...it was arranged...and I didn't at first...but then he was so nice to me and I felt myself falling...but he got angry and...and threatened to kick me out...b-but then he kissed me and..."
Seungyoon rolled his eyes, stretching his neck, and grabbed Monique's wrist. He pulled her through the village, his eyes blazing angrily.
    "Seungyoon what are you doing?!" Monique gasped.
    "I'm going to tell that stupid freaking prince exactly what I think about him. Arranged marriage is a load of crap. If you don't love him, why should you have anything to do with him?!" Seungyoon snarled.
    "B-But how do you know where he is?"
    "Oh, I know where he is," Seungyoon hissed, "he's flirting with my little sister, like usual."
Seungyoon took Monique into a small hut, and they both stood there, staring at the two people lying in bed.
    "Yoseob?" Monique whispered.
    "You're supposed to be marrying her," Seungyoon snarled, "and you, as my little sister, I thought better of you. Prince Yoseob, Monique's being forced to get married to you. You've got no respect. How could you yell at her just for having some fun, and threaten to kick her out? And then make it up to her by sleeping with her? Look at him, Monique, he's not faithful. He's not sweet."
Monique bowed her head, and Yoseob's eyes watched her, nervously and curiously. Seungyoon glared his sister.
    "Ria, get away from him, now."
    "Oh Seungyoon, get a grip," Ria giggled, trailing a finger up Yoseob's chest. But he wasn't watching. He was too scared about how Monique would react.
    "Yeah...a reputation," Monique whispered.
Her hand tightened around Seungyoon's, and he pulled her close, seeing her eyes sadden. Yoseob swallowed.
    "Monique..."
    "Look, Yoseob, I'm not that kind of girl. Don't pretend with me any more. I want the truth. Do you really want me? Are you really not faking the love for me? Or is it all just some sick joke? Because if it is, then we can go our seperate ways, and I can go and live my life," Monique said coldly.
    "I..." Yoseob broke off. He didn't know what to say. Of course he wasn't faking it. He really liked Monique, but he thought that if he told her the truth, he'd only confuse her and hurt her even more. So, he took a deep breath and said:
    "Of course I was faking it. Why would I love a girl like you, when I have loads of other y girls to choose from."
Seungyoon's eyes narrowed.
    "Get out of my house," he said quietly.
    "Seungyoon---" Ria began, but immediately shut seeing her brother's angry expression.
    "Get out of my house right now," Seungyoon snarled, "and stay away from Monique."
Yoseob grabbed his clothes, and hurriedly pulled them on, avoiding Monique's glares.
    "I-I'll see you around, oppa," Ria said quickly.
Yoseob shook his head.
    "I don't think so."
Then he quickly ran out, before Seungyoon could pull out a sword and killed him.
    "I need to go as well," Monique said quietly.
Seungyoon sighed.
    "Don't go back to him, Monique."
Suddenly, Monique snapped. She'd had enough. She didn't realise Yoseob standing outside, his eyes watering, listening as Monique blew up.
    "You know what, screw you. Screw you all. I can't take this crap any more. Why should I go to either of you? Oh my god, this is so confusing. I don't know what I feel. I thought Yoseob really liked me, but it turns out he was just using me. I don't want this! As for you, Seungyoon, you're fun, and protective, and really funny but...but Yoseob was so sweet and so kind to me. I just...I just don't want this any more. As for you Ria, you do know that sleeping with Yoseob is adultry...you have a boyfriend, right? And, well, adultry's illegal...and Yoseob's the prince..." then Monique her heel, threw open the door, and gasped sharply, seeing Yoseob standing there, his mouth open.
    "I'm sweet and kind to you? How?"
    "You helped me. But then you did this to me. Choose, Yang Yoseob. Me...or all the other girls lining up for you," Monique stepped closer to Yoseob and put her lips to his ear, "don't tell me you honestly think of me as one of your many women. Don't tell me you don't think of me as someone special. I can see in your eyes that you feel guilty."
Yoseob bowed his head.
    "I lied to you."
Monique sighed, sadly.
    "I see..."
    "Ani, I mean I lied to you about not feeling something for you. Of course I feel something for you. You're amazing. I don't want to hurt you. You've been through so much already. Yah, I'm such an idiot. I just don't want you to feel confused. Monique...you'll probably say no but...will you marry me? But...for real? No lies...no pretending..." Yoseob looked away, waiting for the dreaded "no". But it never came, instead Monique wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his softly.
    "Yes...I will..."
She turned to Seungyoon, who rubbed his neck, lowering his eyes.
    "Thank you, Seungyoon. I had fun being with you...Yoseob...I won't marry him unless he lets me stay friends with you. But...just friends..."
Yoseob nodded, reluctantly.
    "FIne," he held out his hand, "but don't flirt with my fiance, got it?"
Seungyoon laughed, winking.
    "I can't promise anything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry it's so short!! But...lol...I couldn't think of an ending. xD Please check out my other stories too!!! <3 Saranghae!!