02.

Your secret lover

                     

 

A handsome man was walking through the crowded streets of Seoul. His bright red hair wasn't discreet; it was out of the ordinary. We could spot him a hundred miles away in the crowd because he was literally the only one with such colourful hair. Once the said man spotted another male across the street, his hair wasn't the only bright thing anymore. His face split into a huge eye smile. This was the kind of smile to light up a whole city.

"Hyung!" He shouted, in an attempt to be heard. And it worked. The other male turned around, recognizing the voice of his beloved.

"Jimin, you're always so loud," the blond one fake sighed to the said Jimin.

"Come on Yoongi hyung, we're late," Jimin smiled brightly, taking the other hand. Walking in a fast pace to arrive at time, the duet was almost breathless. Once they arrived at destination, they bent down to catch their breath. They entered a small concert arena.

"Why are we even here? You didn't want to tell me by text. Now I'm tired because you dragged me like a little dog through the streets. I hope it worth it because I left my bed," Yoongi said. "I also have some pictures to edit at home for work. And I didn't have my kiss, you little brat."

"Stop nagging old man, you're such a chatter," Jimin whispered and brought his boyfriend close to him, to kiss him softly on the lips. "Good evening to you too hyung."

The blond man smiled against his lips. He rose his hand to lightly his cheek.

"Today, it's Taehyungie's singing contest. Seokjin hyung kept talking about it for the last two months," the red haired said, "and you forgot because you have this little frown on your forehead."

"Please don't tell him otherwise Seokjin hyung will kill me..." said Yoongi but he got cut off by a familiar scream. He immediately recognized his best friend's scream.

"Please God tell me why I brought this kids with me," sighed Seokjin, walking through the front with his son in his arms. The latter seemed kind of agitated. Taehyung and Jungkook followed behind him.

"Because uncle Taehyungie wanted them to be here," Taehyung cooed, nuzzling his nose against Yujin's neck. She laughed and patted his hair.

Seokjin put his son on the floor and stretched himself. He looked a lot exhausted and upset. The older hugged quickly his two friends.

"How have you been?" He tiredly smiled.

"Better than you, I think," Yoongi said, a huge worried frown on his face. "Hyung are you ok?"

"Yes I do. And you Jiminnie how are you?"

"I'm fine hyung," Jimin squatted to take the little toddlers in his arms. "Oh my god, uncle Jiminnie missed you so much," he smiled while he hugged the two of them.

"So, the contest begins at 9pm right?" Seokjin said. "And now it's 8pm."

"We are looking for Kim Taehyung please!" a voice shouted from the speakers.

"I think they are looking for me; I have to go!" He flashed his signature box smile and they did a huge group hug.

"Good luck hyung, you're the best," Jungkook whispered while pressing a small kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

They did a "fighting" fist as they watched Taehyung entered the contestants room. Yoongi glanced at Seokjin and his thoughts grew suspicious.

"Baby, go take places on the arena with Jungkook, I have to talk to Seokjin, alone." Yoongi said.

"But the kids..." Seokjin began but Yoongi cut him off.

"Jungkook and Jimin will take care of them, come here hyung," he said and took Seokjin's wrist to bring him outside.

"I told you Yoongi I'm fine..." The older said.

"Yeah of course hyung. Like I'm gonna believe the you say."

Seokjin sighed. He closed his eyes and rubbed nervously his nap.

"Jiyoon," he whispered so slowly that Yoongi didn't hear him.

"Louder. I didn't hear you," Yoongi said, looking at his best friend.

"I said Jiyoon," Seokjin sighed, bringing his hand through his brownish hair.

"Did you fight?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

One hour ago.

The married couple was cuddling in front of the TV. It was the first moment they shared since a few weeks because they couldn't afford some time for themselves because of their busy schedules. Or more accurately Jiyoon's busy schedule, since she was even staying some time at work sleeping, too tired to even go back home. A drama was playing but they didn't pay a lot of attention because they were rather focused on the person below. Seokjin ran his hand through his wife's short hair and massaged her scalp. He loved her new haircut.

"Mmmmh, it feels good," Jiyoon whispered.

She lifted her head and pressed a soft kiss on the corner of Seokjin's mouth.

"You don't have anything planned for tonight, right babe?" Seokjin asked, rubbing circles against her bare thigh. She was only wearing a tank top and a sport short.

"No. I was planning to catch up all the things that I missed this few days with Yunjin, Seojoon and you." Jiyoon said, closing her eyes due to the smooth touch of her husband. "Why Seokjin?"

A few squeals were heard. The twins were playing on the carpet with their tones of toys while their parents were watching them from the couch.

"I have something tonight. And I can't cancel it," Seokjin began. "and I wanted you to come with me."

"What is it?"

"Taehyung's singing contest," he mumbled, already knowing his wife's answer.

"No way I'm going to see this little punk singing," she scoffed. "And I bet he has a terrible voice. And also for your record, you're staying with me tonight."

Seokjin stiffened after hearing her words. He hated the way she was talking about his brother. He sat up and pushed her softly from him.

"Please, don't you talk about him like that, you don't even want to get to know him Jiyoon!" He said, feeling his nerves coming up. "And of course I'm going to see him. He has been preparing this contest for the last two months and it's very important for him. He could win a scholarship for his studies."

She waved her hand at him, in a move that could be translated by " off".

"I don't care. He doesn't deserve any attention from my person," Jiyoon said between her gritted teeth. The atmosphere tensed a bit and the twins felt it because they were looking at their parents with widened eyes, as they argued.

"You must be kidding me Jiyoon! Why don't you like him? For God's sake he's my brother! Even if you wanted me to cut off ties with him I couldn't because we share the same blood."

She stood up and glared at her husband. Talking about Taehyung already pissed her off. But arguing about him pissed her off a lot more.

"You want to know why I don't like him, Seokjin?" She asked, lifting her eyebrow. He nodded and waited for her answer. "Well, Kim ing Taehyung is a profiteer. He takes advantage of you and you are to naïf to see it because he's your 'baby brother'", she spited, mimicking the quote.

He gripped his hair in anger and glared at her.

"First of all, don't swear in front of the kids. We have to teach them the good manners you don't think? Secondly, how is he a profiteer?” Seokjin said.

"How? Because we are wealthy and he's just a little poor . A poor little brat who doesn't even know how to live by himself."

As he couldn't endure his wife's words, Seokjin bit his bottom lip hard in an attempt to relax himself and not to do some stupid movement.

"He takes advantage of his wonderful brother Seokjin because he is rich. You know what? I think he deserves being in this tough situation so that he can learn the rude life of nowadays!" She laughed angrily.

"You think it's easy Jiyoon?" Seokjin shouted, he no longer couldn’t watch her take it out on Taehyung. "You think it's easy for me to see him like that? It's not easy for me to see him starving because he doesn't have enough money. It's not easy for me to see him living in a miserable flat because he can't afford himself a better place. So yes, of course I help him by giving him money. Money isn't a problem for me. I'm helping my brother for 's sake."

"Seokjin. You're too nice to him..." Jiyoon whispered, coming close to him and rubbing his cheek. He took her wrist and took off her hand of his face.

"Do you realize how rude you seem? How heartless your words are?"

"I'm not being heartless babe. I'm honest," she said matter of fact, like it was a normal thing.

"Well your honesty is ed up Jiyoon," he snapped, looking at her with disappointed eyes. "I'm taking Yujin and Seojoon with me because Taehyung wants to see them."

"Fine. Do whatever you want!" She cried out, throwing her hand in the air as a sign of frustration. Then, she climbed upstairs and headed to the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Seokjin closed his eyes, his heart was thumping in a fast pace and he could feel it in his ears. Tears were prickled underneath his eyelids.

"Daddy..." Yujin whispered, sobbing lightly in her hands.

Despite the fact that they are only one-year-old, the toddlers understand when there were some tensions between their parents and they can't handle it.

"No baby, daddy's fine..." he sat on the fluffy carpet, wiping quickly his eyes to ride of his tears. He took his daughter in his arms and hold her tightly against his chest. He felt his son coming behind him and back hugging him. Seokjin could only feel a little bit better, because the love of his children could cheer him up.

"Come on kids, we're getting you ready," he sighed, faking a smile towards his twins because he doesn't want to seem upset in front of them, even if they saw them shouting at each other. He walked to the twin's room and get their clothes. For Yujin, he took a black thick dress with a jacket and some warm pantyhose and for Seojoon, he took a plain white shirt and a pair of cute jeans, with a leather jacket which Yoongi bought him as a gift for his birthday. It was only fall, but their clothes must remain warm because of their young age. Seokjin dressed them, put their tiny shoes on and look at them. A huge smile broke his face into half seeing his children, almost forgetting about the argument with Jiyoon. He quickly took a picture of them holding hand and they headed to the car, no need for the older to get dressed because he was already prepared, he only put his sneakers on before going out. Seokjin put Seojoon and Yujin in their baby seats. Then, he sat in the driver seat and started the car.

Seokjin told everything about his argument to Yoongi. And the latter could only nod his head.

"I don't understand why she's like that with Taehyung... The poor kid didn't do her anything..." The blond man shook his head in disbelief.

"Me neither. I can't handle the fact that she doesn't like my brother," he sighed. "It's not even that she doesn't like him that bothers me. What bother me is that she doesn't respect him. She keeps talking crap about him and it's not even true."

Seokjin's love for his brother was strong and huge. Since they were little, Seokjin has always been protective with his brother. But that didn't change once they grew older. It only intensified. Why? Seokjin's parents disowned Taehyung because of his uality and the older was the only one from his family who supported him. And because of that, their relationship strengthened and they are closer to each other. Yes, Taehyung has an important part in Seokjin's life. He was his family after all. And it was for that that Jiyoon couldn't handle it. She was kind of jealous about it and even if she didn't confess it, Seokjin wasn't stupid and he knew reading between the lines.

"I have an idea. Maybe she will change about him who knows?" Yoongi shrugged his shoulders and placed his hand on Seokjin's shoulder, in an attempt to ease him. "Maybe you can't invite Taehyung and why not Jungkook at your place for a few days. Then you locked Jiyoon noona and Taehyung up in a room and perhaps they will talk to each other and ease their conflict?”

"Min Yoongi are you crazy?" Seokjin laughed a little, feeling a bit more comfortable after talking with his best friend. "She will kill him. And cut him into pieces. Then she will give his limbs to feed some dogs on the street."

"I think it might be a freaking good idea. Listen to Min Suga and you'll see," Yoongi said nonchalantly and a little bit arrogantly, and Seokjin scoffed. When Yoongi used his work name, it was when he was beyond confident about his ideas.

"Yeah we'll see. Should I invite them the day before her birthday? So that he could sleep in with Jungkook and the next he'll be able to talk to her and also help us getting everything ready."

"Yes that seems like a great idea,” Yoongi flashed his gummy smile but remembered something, “, I forgot to buy noona a present.”

The older laughed at his best friend and put an arm around his shoulders. Walking back in the theatre, they walked to the place where the scene was. Screwing his eyes in the dark, Seokjin was looking for Jimin, Jungkook, Yujin and Seojoon.

“Daddy!” he heard Seojoon screaming. He was being held in the air by Jimin. Finding them in the crowd thanks to his son’s scream, they walked and sat beside them. After a few minutes of them talking and waiting for the contest to begin, and with the twins bouncing on each of their father’s laps, the theatre plunged into total darkness. Then, a person cleared his throat to make the noise cool down. The host of the contest entered the scene and introduced the contest, explaining the rules and the prize for example. Then, the first contestant came and sang. The contestants went one by one.

Suddenly, a familiar voice could be heard and the group smiled widely.

“Good evening. My name is Kim Taehyung and I’m 21. I am on my third year of studying music and my dream is to succeed in this field. I hope you’ll enjoy my performance.”

Seojoon and Yujin squealed and clapped their hands, recognizing their uncle’s voice and seeing on the big screen because they were too small to see him on stage. Looking at Taehyung, as he began to sing, Seokjin could only grin at his brother. He was so proud of him.

Taehyung’s voice was hoarse, deep and husky. And yet, his voice could give you goosebumps even if it wasn’t a light voice. He was singing a song named “Hold me tight”, the song he wrote for Jungkook to confess. Jungkook smiled, eyes watery. He remembered the day Taehyung asked him to be his boyfriend, the older came to the younger’s house with a guitar and he sang to him this song. Jungkook and Taehyung were only respectively 17 and 18 years-old but they have been together for three years and they felt a little bit more in love everyday.

It was a soft song with only his voice cappella but however, he doesn’t need an instrument to sound incredible. Once he finished his song, the whole theatre stood up and applauded. It was literally a standing ovation. Whistles and cheers could be heard. Seokjin, Jungkook and Jimin stood up and began screaming “Kim Taehyung” while Yoongi stayed seated, smiling and keeping the twins close to him because Seokjin was too busy to even look after his kids.

Seeing the crowd cheering at him and applauding made Taehyung smile. But also weep. He was weeping with joy because he was so happy that his voice could touch people. He wanted to pass his love of singing to the crowd and he happily succeeded. Taking down his mic, Taehyung bowed at 90° and stayed a few minutes, he wanted to thank the people who cheered on him, he was so grateful towards them. Then, he stood still and he dragged his eyes to the crowd, his goal was to spot the people who came with him. His eyes came across Jungkook’s eyes and his smile widened. He grinned at his boyfriend and mouthed a “thank you” and a “I love you”, then he saw his brother and his best friend and did the same with them. But even if he didn’t saw Yoongi’s face, he knew that the fist that was hung up in the air was his. At this moment, Kim Taehyung couldn’t be happier, surrounded by all this love. But the image of his parents remained in his mind and he wished they would be here tonight.

~~~~~~~~

“I’ve been a total jerk don’t you think?” Jiyoon sighed, taking her head between her hands. “I was just so exhausted and I didn’t mean to talk to him like that.” She was at a coffee shop with her friend Hoseok and they’ve been there for almost two hours, talking about everything. Jiyoon told Hoseok about her argument with Seokjin and how they didn’t talk to each other for a week, which was a pretty long time for a married couple with children.

“Yes noona, you went pretty hard on him… It’s normal that he’s upset because you were talking about his brother, not a total stranger,” Hoseok said, sipping on his coffee.

“But I can’t put up with him since the first day I saw him, and that was a long time ago. I have nothing to do with it, it’s natural!” she said, running a hand through her hair.

“Did do you at least try to know him?”

“I didn’t.”

Hoseok slammed lightly his hand on the table in order to make her look at him.

“You’re acting like a spoiled little cow. I’m sorry to talk to you that way Jiyoon noona but it’s not kind of you,” he said, looking at her sternly. “You can’t judge people only by the way they look. He’s your brother-in-law for God’s sake.”

“But he keeps taking advantage of Seokjin and…”

“Stop your blathering please. He’s not taking advantage of his own brother. He’s only helping him, which is a normal thing,” he said, sounding a bit annoyed by this conversation.

Jiyoon huffed and spun her little spoon in her latte. She couldn’t disagree with Hoseok’s words because he was true but with her pride, she won’t admit it out loud.

“What should I do?” she mumbled.

“First,” Hoseok began as he counted the points with his fingers, “you should apologize to Seokjin and talk to him about it. Secondly, you should talk with Taehyung. Get to know him a little bit.”

“I don’t feel like it…”

“Geez Jiyoon!” Hoseok snickered, dropping the honorifics because he was clearly pissed off by her behaviour. Her childish behaviour.

“Fine Hoseok calm down your , I will talk to him,” Jiyoon muttered, half annoyed and half anxious about the moment where she would talk to him face to face. “Damn you really need to get laid, you’re so grumpy and I bet you’re ually frustrated as well.”

Hoseok calmed down a little and laughed at his friend’s words. He drank a mouthful of coffee before speaking.

“I hope I’ll find someone at your birthday party,” he said, purposely smirking like a ert.

“Yeah talking about my birthday, last time I told you that you can bring someone. And with your sentence I’m assuming you don’t have a date. So who are you bringing with you?” Jiyoon said, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Yah noona you’re being a little bit embarrassing. I’m bringing Namjoon. You do remember him right? He’s my best friend and we work at the same company.”

“No I don’t think I remember him. But I hope he is a cool guy!”

“You have no idea,” Hoseok giggled, shaking his head while he thought about his best friend’s behaviour.

“Well Hobi, tell him that he is welcome at my house!”

“I will tell him, don’t worry.”

He smiled at her and they kept talking about ordinary stuffs until the sun set and they both headed home, bidding their good-bye with a friendly hug.

~~~~~~~~

Struggling at getting her children still in the bath, Jiyoon sighed and squatted near the bathtub.

“Look, if you don’t stay quiet, I swear to God I will not let you watch your cartoons tonight,” she threatened them while she signed to them to sit down. As they seem to grasp their mother’s threats, they sat down. Yujin, being the little cheeky monkey, threw her duck toy at her brother when her mother turned away to get their fluffy bathrobe.

“Mommy!” Seojoon squealed, pointing at his twin. Yujin pretended not to know what he’s talking about as she smiled widely at her mom. Jiyoon shook her head at her daughter’s mischief. Once she wrapped them in their bathrobe, they exited the bathroom to head to the twin’s room. Then, she dried them and clothed them, while they kept blabber some incoherent things. Jiyoon has dressed them with their favourite pyjama, a matched onesie with a unicorn for Yujin and a dinosaur for Seojoon. It was a gift from Taehyung. She scrunched her eyebrows together, thinking about her brother-in-law.

“I need to talk to Seokjin,” she whispered more to herself than to the toddlers. Jiyoon took a bunch of toys and put them on the fluffy carpet, situated in the middle of the room.

“Look I have to talk to your daddy, please stay quiet,” she said, pointing with her finger at the toys on the carpet. “Seojoon don’t hit your sister with the toys and Yujin don’t bit your brother. Only dogs bit.” She warned the two of them before getting out of the room.

Jiyoon went downstairs and found Seokjin sitting on the couch in the living room, his eyeglasses on the bridge of his nose and his eyebrows frowned, as he was reading some paperwork, Jiyoon presumed. She sighed at the sight of her husband. He was so beautiful like that, seeming confused. She walked quietly to the living room and stood in front of the leather couch.

“Seokjin?”

“Mmmmh?” he answered, without looking up from his paper. Like that, he seemed like he didn’t give her any attention.

“We need to talk,” she breathed.

The man put down his paper on the coffee table and looked at her. Seokjin’s gaze was indescribable, a mix between disappointment, angriness but also a little bit of relief.

“I’m listening to you, Jiyoon.”

Jiyoon swallowed hard and sat next her husband. ‘This is going to be difficult’ she told to herself. It was true because they hardly ever argued like that. Sure they had typical couple argument, but they never lasted a day. So the fact that they didn’t talk to each other for a week seemed rather troublesome. ‘You can do it’ she thought. And yes, Jiyoon was beyond scared.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: do i feel ashamed for not updating for more than two weeks? yes i do, but i have to work so hard for highschool and now i can go back to write bc i have some free time

but i have to prepare my entrance to nursing school (the school i will attend when i graduate) and it stresses me a lot since becoming a nurse is my dream so if i don't succeed i don't know how i will feel :(((((( anyway my life is kinda boring

i hope you liked this chapter, there isn't a lot going on again an no namjoonie in this chapter but next chapter, namjin will meet each other <333 so you get to see jiyoon's feelings towards taehyung and i hope i didn't made her looking like a real lmao but i also want her to be that way

and you get to see yoonmin (omg this picture is so fluffy, park jimin is so fluffy, min yoongi is so fluffly, bangtan are so fluffy)

would you mind if i write a little in the next chapter?? it's not namjin (not yet hehehe ^^) so it's either taekook or yoonmin but i already know how it will be so this is a surprise :D this A/N is so long.. i am so sorry to talk this much but i'm a very talkative person i'm so annoying geez

anyway please comment, subscribe and upvote, i love you all <3

(omg i imagined taehyung singing hold me tight acapella and i died of feelings i love you kim taehyung)