Tutoring

Educate Me

 

Kyungsoo sat with Jongin, reviewing aspects of the day's lesson. Kyungsoo was very happy to find that Jongin wasn't avoiding him like Kyungsoo was worried he might have. Chen's comment earlier had unnerved Kyungsoo, he was now very aware of Jongin's presence.

 

He couldn't be normal around him anymore. He was trying very hard to act normally but now he couldn't remember how he had behaved around Jongin before

 

“I’m sorry I couldn't convince Chen and Lay to stay for tutoring, too” Kyungsoo laughed he was very happy to find that Jongin wasn't behaving any differently as a result of Chen's earlier comment.

 

“It’s alright, Lay understands the material perfectly, his problem is a lack of motivation and I honestly don’t believe I have the patience  to deal with Chen right now” Jongin smiled “He has always been like that. He enjoys making people uncomfortable, it's easier to read someone if they are out of their element, more likely to slip up"

 

Kyungsoo laughed "it sounds like he would make a good information specialist" Jongin gave a sweet smile that didn't match his tone "You have no idea" Kyungsoo looked at Jongin for a moment brushing off the strange shiver that ran down his back. “How did the two of you meet, you're obviously great friends but I have a hard time believing you ran into each other at the library”

 

Jongin laughed “No, nothing that normal. We went to the same middle school, he was a reporter for the school paper, where his talents really paid off. I had read some of his stuff and was very..... excited to meet him."

 

Kai sat in front of Chen who had a notebook in front of him "Your Chen right?" Chen smiled in a very cocky manner "I thought I did the interviews?"

 

Kai ignored him "I have heard a lot about you, you broker information. If anyone wants information they come to you"

 

Chen smiled "The one and only, so what does a goody two shoes like you need from me?"

 

Kai smiled at Chen's haughtiness "I want to buy some information on someone" "Who?" Chen clicked his pen ready to right the name down.

 

"Me" Chen paused "You?" Kai nodded "Me" Chen leaned back "You lose your memory? Why do you want to know about yourself?"

 

Kai brought out a wad of bills and held them up "You'll find out" Chen shrugged "Kim Jongin 16 years old, good at seemingly every sport and the school's golden boy, grades top of his class, no girlfriend currently, very wealthy parents and well respected by both students and teachers. I can get you a more in depth report with specifics by tomorrow"

 

Kai waved him off tossing the money at Chen "That's all I needed to hear" Kai leaned forward "What would you do if I told you there is a lot you don't know"

 

Chen stopped counting the money to look Kai in the eyes suspiciously "I'm listening" "I want to offer you a deal, you're valuable. I want you working with me and in return I will provide you with more information then you would ever know what to do with" Chen smiled "I knew there was more to you, then met the eye"

 

Jongin smiled remembering "We became friends and found out we work very well together" Kyungsoo smiled "It's rare to see such strong friendships. What about Lay did he go to middle school with you?"

 

Jongin shook his head "We meet him next year in high school. He-, I'm not sure how to explain it. Nothing much holds his interest, he's a smart guy but not a lot excites him." Jongin shrugged "We held his interest"

 

Lightning struck outside the window interrupting their conversation. Kyungsoo sighed exasperated “I don’t suppose you have on umbrella?” Jongin shook his head “It looks like we are both going to get soaked”

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip, he didn’t want to overstep his bounds especially with Chen’s comment still fresh in his mind. He shook of the discomfort, he couldn’t just let Jongin got sick on his watch.

 

“Let me give you a ride home” Jongin smiled gratefully practically glowing. "I would really appreciate that" Kyungsoo searched through his desk looking for his keys. His searching quickly became more frantic.

", oh I'm sorry Jongin" Kyungsoo looked to make sure his language had not shocked Jongin. Jongin looked worried "What's wrong?" "I can't find my keys" Jongin frowned "You had them this morning" Kyungsoo nodded

Kai looked worried "What do you want to do" Kyungso was frustrated things were going from bad to worse he really didn't want to overstep his boundaries as a teacher.

Kyugsoo internally groaned. "I have an idea as long as you don't spread it around, I can't have people getting the wrong idea" Kai looked hesitant and mildly suspicious. "What idea" "I have spare keys at my apartment it's not far, I can get you an umbrella and them I can give you a ride home."

Jongin smiled looking very relived "I'm okay with that" Kyungsoo was relived; he kept dreading the thought that he was going to do something to make his student uncomfortable.

Kyungsoo nodded "Alright let me pack up my stuff and we will go" Jongin grabbed his bag "I'll wait by the front door"

Jongin left the room, walking down the hall. When he left Kyungsoo's range of vision he relaxed his posture, shaking off the innocent school boy routine and lazily pulling out his phone.

To Chen and Lay: Nice Job, things are going well. Don't forget to get here early tomorrow and put his keys back in his desk.

From Chen: Nice! s he walking you home?

To Chen and Lay: He is taking me to his house

From Chen: Oh better! What are you planning

To Chen and Lay: That is for me to know and you to find out tomorrow

From Chen: Damn! I cant wait that long!

From Lay: Do you need anything from me?

To Lay and Chen: Just one small favor

***********************


Kyungsoo walked out to see Jongin leaning against the shoe lockers staring at the rain outside he looked so peaceful, so confident Kyungsoo watched for a moment before coughing to get his attention. Jongin looked mildly surprised his posture becoming more rigged and refined again. Kyungsoo wondered for a moment what Jongin was like outside of school when he was finally able to relax.

 Kyungsoo stood beside him his bag in hand "Are you ready to get wet?" Jongin looked up and smiled "Oh, I can't wait"

Kyungsoo and Jongin made there way quickly out into the rain with Kyungsoo leading the way. They paused under as many cover spots as they could to catch their breath The rain seemed to be getting worse by the second and despite their best efforts were soon soaked.

When they finally arrived at Kyungsoo's apartment, both were shivering and walking in wet socks. "I'll have to get my spare key from my neighbor" Jongin nodded clenching his to hide his chattering teeth. Kyungsoo knocked and the door was quickly opened an older woman stood in front of him. 

dropped open in shock "Mr.Kyungsoo, what happened?!" Kyungsoo attempted to smile comfortingly "I lost my keys and had to walk home, is it alright if I have my spare back for the night" She nodded quickly rushing inside and returning "Of course! Oh who is this young man your new boyfriend?" Kyungsoo looked behind him to see Jongin standing behind him shivering.

Jongin's eyes went wide and Kyungsoo tried to stutter out an answer "He- no- uh,yes he is my boyfriend" She nodded "I thought so! He is very attractive and nice looking boy you got a good one"

Kyungsoo nodded quickly saying goodbye, and hopeing that Jongin would mistake his blush for a developing cold. "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you it's just easier to avoid suspicion this way" Jongin nodded "Well let me grab my spare car keys from inside and I'll take you home" Jongin thought for a second "Sir? isn't your car still at the school"

Kyungsoo froze his brain slowly catching up with him "............."

 

Exciting things to happen next chapter, we are very close to Kai's revelation

I hope you like the story, please comment, subscribe, and upvote

​I love to hear from you guys <3