Wait For Me.

You're all I could ask for, silly.

Nicole POV:

“Don’t screw with me, Nicole.” his voice came through the speaker, clearly strained with stress.

“What? What do you mean?” I bit my lip, realizing I raised my voice too loud in the library as people shot me heated glares.

“Sorry.” I whispered.

“He’s ing battered. Bruises are all over him, and it was enough to make him school, so you better tell me what the hell is going on. I KNOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING. If you honestly think I didn’t notice what you and Onew hyung had going on, ridiculously secret nudges, insisting stares that you gave him.”

“I..I...” Using one hand, I roughly stuffed my books into the bag, slinging it over one shoulder before striding out of the library, grabbing my coat along the way.

“For god’s sake, you should have forced him to say it. What the hell is he hiding?!” he hissed, his patience very apparently growing thin.

“You don’t snap at me, Choi Minho. You honestly think I enjoy hearing this coming from you?” I growled, peeved off with his rough attitude.

Silence came through, and I felt the knot come loose. I sighed heavily, rubbing tiredly at one eye.

“He said something about his past.” I whispered softly, a heavy weight dropping down on me. I shouldn’t have left them alone for so long. I should have called. Onew oppa’s dark eyes flashed in my mind.

“Past.. past... Taec- Impossible.” a beeping sound came after his voice. His voice was shaking. I ran a hand through my hair, discomfited.

My exams will be over tomorrow... I pulled out the exam schedule, looking straight at the last exam's date.

"13/8/12..." I mumbled. "We'll be visiting a week after." 

I looked at my phone, the group picture we took at the airport.

Wait for me.


Key POV:

I threw the last of my clothes into the suitcase, before carefully stuffing in the small trinkets I’ve picked up over the last few months.

I glanced over at my phone, hopeful. I’d called them earlier, but no one answered. Not even Jonghyun. And he picks up in less than 30 seconds. Maybe I’d called at the wrong time.

I sighed, flopping down onto the bed. I curled up on my side, smiling to myself as I thought about Nicole. I couldn’t wait to see her again. And of course the others.

“Okay~” I mumbled to myself, stretching out a hand to pick up the ticket on the bedside table. 

"17/8/12...." I picked up my phone. "it's 12th..." 

I thought of the things that stayed with me the strongest.

Onew hyung's smile. Jonghyun's silly laugh. Taemin's hug. Minho's ridiculously sedate self. Nicole's shining eyes. 

I felt my eyes droop, and I lifted the blanket over me, closing my eyes.

Wait for me.