Prologue part 1

Snow Mark and the Got Sevens

Mark clenched his stomach as he trudged himself up the slope. He has been walking through the woods for days. Mark couldn't even count anymore. He was mentally stressed and hungry. Mark took slow, but big steps, hoping that it would get him somewhere with the least amount of energy. Eventually, Mark collapsed on the floor and the world slowly became black...

-------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"Dad! Mom! Look at what I made!"

"Wow Mark,is this a flower crown?"

"Yep and it's for you," young Mark said as he held the flower crown out.

"Thanks, you are so sweet," the mother said.

"Where's mine? Mark, you forgot about your own father? I am deeply sad," the king said as he pretended to cry. 

Mark realized that he forgot his own father.

"Wait here, I will be right back. I will make you one right now," Mark said, "don't leave this place okay?"

"Haha, you don't have to make one for me, I was just joking," the father laughed.

"No, I have to make you one. Just don't leave okay?"

"Okay," the king said with a smile. 

With that, Mark ran back to the flower fields and started making another crown. 

"Isn't our boy sweet," the queen said with a gentle smile. 

"He is," the king said as he looped his arms around the queen.

Suddenly, the queen hunched over. She cupped her hand aroudn and coughed. As she coughed, the king realized that blood was dripping on the floor. The king was panicking, he quickly shouted for the doctor. Meanwhile, Mark was still happily making a crown for his father...

------------------------------------------------

The king sat next the his wife, suqeezing the pale hands that lay lifeless on the bed. He looked at the pale complexion of his wife, then he looked outside. A moment later, Mark bust through the door with a beautifully crafted crown in his hands; however, his complexion whitened as soon as he saw his mother on the bed. He dropped the crown and ran over his mother .

"MOTHER!!!"

"Calm down Mark. She is just resting. She was up doing a lot of paperwork, she needs some sleep," the king lied.

"Are you sure she is okay? She looks extremely white," Mark said, glancing at his mother every two seconds.

"Yes," the king replied,"I see the crown on the floor over there. Is that for me? We can't waste flowers, mother nature is going to be very mad."

Mark ran over to the flower crown that lay on the floor. He picked it up and gently placed it on his father's head. He smiled very brightly as he faced his father. 

"Thank you. This fits perfectly on my head," the kind said, toying with the crown.

"I am going to go play with the animals in the barn," Mark said as he tried to hide his sadness. 

"Okay, be careful," the kind replied with a worried look. 

When Mark left, the queen woke up. 

"Is he okay," the queen asked.

"I don't know, but you have to rest," the king replied, trying to tuck his wife into the bed. 

"Okay," the queen said thinking about Mark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your wife has a severe case of lung cancer," the doctor said as he brought out a diagram.

The words hit the king harder than a rock would've. The king stared at the drawing.

"Do you see this small circle here? That is a malignent tumor that has been devolping for at least two years. Unfortunately, it has spread to other parts and your wife is on the verge of dying," the doctor said.

The king was rendered wordless. He clenched the picture between his hands and held back his tears. 

"How long does she have?"

"At most, with survailance and care, a week," the doctor replied. 

"Are you sure it's not curable? There must be something we could do," the king said.

"I know that you don't want to part with your wife, but there is nothing we can do. If we could've found out earlier then we could've cured it, but it was left uncared for; therefore, it has spread throughout her body. At most, we can prolong her life for only a week or maybe less, but that is all we can do. I am terribly sorry," the doctor replied.

The only reply that the king gave was an "okay". The doctor gave the king some medications and some painkillers. The doctor also told the king that he would visit everyday to check up on the queen and moniter her health.

A week later, at 11:30 p.m., on a sunday, the queen died a silent death.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day, a funeral was held for the queen. The whole kingdom gathered around to mourn the death of the queen. The whole kingdom loved the queen, she was nice and caring. As everyone cried and mourned for the queen, Mark was standing next to his father, shocked. He wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He thought that if he cried, his father would also cry. For the next hour, Mark tried his best o make sure that he didn't show any sorrow. After the funeral ended, he saw his father walk back to his room. He secretly followed his father, who closed the door behind him. Mark pressed his ear against the door and heard his father weep.Even after an hour, Mark still heard his father cry...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hello, sorry for the wait. I was trying to make sure that the story was up to par with your tastes. I hope you enjoy this story. The ideas just came into my mind and i just wrote whatever i was thinking; therefore, it might not be the best story. Again, I would really love it if you guys comment on this story. The comments I get really help motivate me. Its like the thought of my next lunch break would get me through classes, you get what i mean? Nevermind, but please flood the comment box. Thank you guys. <3