One Call Away

One Call Away

 

One Call Away

 

I regretted it every bit. I opened the door to my apartment. Seeing her on the aisle broke my heart. It could’ve been me but I ruined it. I guess, that’s what I do. I ruin things that could be a good thing in my life. I went to the fridge and took out a bottle of wine. I popped the bottle and went to sit at the sofa. I sighed as I poured myself a glass of wine.

 

I rested my back on the sofa as I thought back on the reception.

 

I reached the venue. It was beautiful. I promised her I’d be here. There were already a lot of guests. I finally caught my friends. I walked up to them. We greeted each other. They gave me a hug. Only they knew how I’m actually feeling.

 

“Are you sure you’re alright with coming here?” Wheein asks.

 

“Of course. Besides, I promised her. I won’t let it affect this.” I answered.

 

Suddenly, someone called me from behind. It was her mother. I knew her family pretty well. She had introduced me to her family. Her mother told me that she was feeling nervous and refused to come out until she sees me. I smiled and followed her mother. We reached and her mother left me alone outside the door. I breathed out before bringing my hand up to knock the door. Before I could knock, she opened the door. I looked up at her. She wasn’t dressed.

 

She pulled me in and began pacing.

 

“Hey! Relax. It’s just the nerves talking. You’re gonna do fine out there.”

 

She finally stopped pacing and she stared at me.

 

“Come on. Let’s get you dressed.”

 

The whole time she was dressing and the make up artist putting on her make up, she was staring at me. I didn’t know what she was trying to find in me but all I did was smile.

 

I finally went out of the room. I looked down and sighed. She looked beautiful.

 

“Why didn’t you tell her?”

 

I looked up, obviously surprised by the sudden presence. It was her mother. Her mother hugged me.

 

She whispered in my ear.

 

“I always wanted you to be my daughter-in-law.” 

 

She pulled away not before kissing my forehead and walked away. I went to the bathroom because I felt tears rushing to my eyes. I finally went out and saw that she was already at the aisle. I saw her frantically finding for me. After she found me, she became calm and smiled.

 

She went to the stage and grabbed the mic.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special performance before the ceremony starts. I would like to invite my best friend on stage for a performance. KIM YONGSUN!” Byul announced.

My eyes widened. I wasn’t prepared but if this is what Byul wants then, I’ll give it to her. The least I can do before I go.

 

I made my way to the stage. I playfully punched her arm and grabbed the mic.

 

“Hehe. Hi. Well, this was a surprise to me too but luckily I have something. I’ll dedicate it to you, Byul!”

 

I made my way to the piano and settled in before pressing the keys on the piano.

 

I’m only one call away

I’ll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I’m only one call away

 

Call me, baby, if you need a friend

I just want to give you love

C’mon, C’mon, C’mon

 

Reaching out to you

So take a chance

 

No matter where you go, know you’re not alone.

 

I’m only one call away

I’ll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I’m only one call away

 

Come along with and don’t be scared

I just wanna set you free

C’mon, c’mon, c’mon

 

You and me can make it  any where

For now, we can stay here for a while

Cause you know, I just wanna see you smile

 

No matter where you go, know you’re not alone.

 

I’m only one call away

I’ll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I’m only one call away

 

When you’re weak, I’ll be strong

I’m gonna keep holding on

Now don’t you worry, it won’t be long

Darling, if you feel hope is gone

Just run into my arms

 

I’m only one call away

I’ll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I’m only one, only one call away

I’ll be there to save the day

Superman got nothing on me

I’m only one call away

 

I’m only one call away.

 

I ended the song. Applause were heard. I smiled. I walked back to Byul. She wasn’t smiling. I hugged her. She hugged back. I told her I’m going to the bathroom. I lied. I went back home.

 

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I thought it was Wheein and Hwasa. I opened the door, only to find sweaty Byul, gasping for air.

 

“You told me you were fine. You were fine being just friends. You initiated it. You are selfish! You initiated the break up!” Byul shouted.

 

Byul never shouts at me. She started crying.

 

“Why? Why didn’t you say anything?” Byul asked.

 

I just stared at her, confused.

 

“That song. That wasn’t you supporting my relationship. That was you trying to hide the fact that you’re still in love with me and you’ve not moved on. Just tell me why didn’t you stop me? I called you to the dressing room for a reason, YONGSUN!” Byul punched the wall.

 

I jumped. Byul knelt on the floor. I pulled her up and brought her inside the house. I took out my first aid box and I started cleaning her wound. That was when I realized, there was no ring on her finger.

 

I looked at her.

 

She was staring at me.

 

“I’m not married. I ran away. I left her.” Moonbyul admitted.

 

I frowned.

 

“Why did you do that?!” I asked angrily.

 

“Because I can’t marry someone I don’t love! I love you, Kim Yongsun! I wanna marry you! Not her!”

 

I kept quiet.

 

Byul held my shoulder and connected out foreheads.

 

“Say something…” She said weakly.

 

I let the tears roll down before saying something, I thought I’d never have the chance to ever say again.

 

“I love you too…” I confessed.

 

Byul broke down. I did too.

 

“I made a mistake. I shouldn’t have let you go.” I admitted.

 

Byul pushed my hair back. She smiled while crying. She pushed her lips to mine. Tears rolled down even more.

 

“Don’t ever do that again.”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Never. I can’t stand it. Life without you is going to be so hard.” I admitted.

 

I won’t give up on us. I’m giving you all my love” Byul confessed.