o3: Xiumin

Superpower (ot12)
Superpower [3]
Xiumin {F R O S T}
{In which his powers remind him of his promise}
 
He can't stand it. You're right beside him in a hospital bed, dying by the second. The doctor told him that there was nothing they could do anymore, and that this was probably going to be your last day. Ever.
 
So, he stays by your side, gripping your cold hands and rubbing circles against your skin. Not being able to do anything but watch.
 
But he's surprised when he sees your lids flutter open, revealing your tired eyes. The eyes that he's seen closed for the last few months, almost never filled with any life or soul, suddenly bright with excitement.
 
And soon after when you see him, glistening with tears.
 
He's about to call the nurse, and tell her that you've finally awoken, but you stop him by bringing you index finger up to your lips, signalling for him to be quiet.
 
"I want to spend a little more time with you alone before I go, is that alright...?" You ask weakly.
 
'Before I go' is such a harsh phrase, he thinks. But, he still complies when you make your body barely shift to the edge of the bed, making enough room for him to be laying next to you.
 
And once he's lying down beside you, he finally breaks down. He wraps his strong arms around your frail body, engulfing your own form into his. He takes in your scent, your living scent one more time, and his vision blurs with tears that seem never ending.
 
It all crashes down on him. How is he going to go on without you? You, his best friend? His lover? His other half? You can't go now, it's still too soon. You can't leave him– he hasn't finished loving you yet–
 
"Minseok...?" You croak. Your voice is something above a whisper, and he needs to lean in to hear the rest of what your saying.
 
"What is it?" He asks between semi-controlled sobs.
 
A small smile forms on your lips, and you bring your hands up to brush the tears out of his eyes.
 
"Do you remember... our first date?" Minseok leans into your chest in an attempt to hide his face, but nods anyways. Your fingers play with his hair gently, and he barely even notices them.
 
"Can you make... can you make it like that...?" He chuckles bitterly, and you feel the vibrations of his laughter surge through your body.
 
"Are you sure making your hospital room negative twenty degrees okay? Especially in your condition?"
 
You nod silently.
 
"My last... wish... please...?"
 
He doesn't say anything after that. Just hugs you tighter, and you smile when you feel the room cooling down.
 
"I remember... that night in downtown...? It was snowing and it was so cold... I needed to bury my body into your chest..." You lightly push Minseok's body off your chest, all the while trying to avoid the fact that his eyes are swollen and puffy from crying so much.
 
But nothing comes out of your mouth. Not yet, at least, as you rest your head on Minseok's chest. He brings his arms around you again and presses all of your mass against his body.
 
"It was so... cold... and... you promised that you..." You tried to continue. You weren't sure if you could even speak any words without them sounding disoriented anymore, so you just lie down in your boyfriend's arms, your shallow breaths becoming less and less distinctive to him.
 
You stay like that for a while, before he decided to continue for you.
 
"And I promised you... that no matter how cold it got, that I'd always keep you warm..."
 
You feel hot tears seeping out of your eyes, and nod into his chest weakly. You felt snowflakes from Minseok's frost melt once they came into contact with your skin.
 
"And you promised me..." He hiccuped. His fingers tangled themselves into your hair, and you could feel his shoulders shaking as he tried to keep his tears in.
 
"And you promised me... that no matter how cold I could turn... that you'd always be the one to remind me of how warm I could be..."
 
The more Minseok kept sobbing, the more of his frost spread throughout across the hospital room floor. But he didn't care, after all, you were keeping him safe and warm from the harsh cold. As long as he had you, he would never surrender himself to the frigid winter.
 
Minseok kept on holding you. He kept on holding you in his arms, and he would never let go. Even after you didn't give the warmth to protect him anymore.