Chapter 4

You're Such a Good Friend

You blinked a few times to clear the blurry view from your bed.  It wasn't a necessarily interesting view; it was simply your bedroom door and the packed shelf beside it.  After laying in your bed getting used to the whole being awake thing, you sat up straight and got out of bed to throw on your clothes.  Brushing your hair, you heard the ringing of bowls and plates being shifted around in the cupboard downstairs in the kitchen.  Probably just DongMin sorting breakfast together for himself.  You turn on your phone to reveal that its Friday, today!  "Yes!  Friday!" , you said under your breath.  

You, in a bit cheerier mood now, grasped the strap of your bag and headed on downstairs. "Haha!  You don't have any time to watch anime or kdramas because you take WAY TOO LONG to get ready because you're stupid!!", DongMin bellowed with chocolate smeared all across his face as soon as you reached the kitchen.  He obviously was trying to get your attention and annoy you on purpose so you ignored him and walked right out the door.  He said something else but it doesn't really matter anyway.  Besides, you were ignoring him.  Although it sounds a bit mean, it felt good to ignore him, especially when all he was trying to do was get your attention.  

The pestering existence of the repitition and routine of your morning seemed to blur together and before you knew it you were getting off the bus heading into the pristine but dreaded doors of school.  At least it was Friday, you thought.  

When you arrived at your locker you realized that a certain someone already had.  It was none other than your new friend, Baekhyun.  

"Baekhyun-ee!~", you cheered, apparently drugged by the Friday craze.

He laughed and then paused.  "...Baekhyun...ee?"

That was the very moment you realized what you had just called him, "...OH...uh- oh my god...I uh...I didn't mean-...I'm sorry UM"

He giggled at your panicked stuttering.  You didn't understand how he could possibly laugh every time you said something strange that any normal person would find a bit too weird.  "I'm not MAD!  You should call me that more often, hahu.  It's cute.  Maybe add 'Oppa~'  on the end of that."  

"What?!  No, you're crazy!", you quickly responded.

You grabbed your textbooks and walked away laughing.  Gah, he really is odd, isn't he, you thought.  And you were off, to English class we go!  You stepped through the doorway into the craftily decorated classroom and set your books on your desk.  You organized your textbook, reading book, notebook, agenda, and pencil case so that they were arranged in the most convenient way, and relaxed in your desk.

"So, how is your morning so far, (y/n)?",  asked Mrs. Choi.

"Not too bad, actually!  But I suppose that's just because it's Friday!  How's yours?"

"Well, that is a mighty good reason to be full of cheer!  I, myself, am a huge fan of Friday's as well, and I am doing just dandy this fine morning!"  She then got up and handed you a worksheet and proceeded to hand them out to the rest of the class and then raised her voice to standard teaching volume.  "OKAY CLASS!  EVERY ONE SETTLE DOWN,  CLASS HAS BEGUN, WE MAY TALK LATER!  Today, we will be reviewing what we know about participle phrases!  You should be able to fill this sheet out during class which means NO HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEKEND!"  The class cheered as your mind drifted off to somewhere else.  Somewhere quieter.  Somewhere reminiscent of a calm scene in between shots in an anime,  somewhere with cherry blossom trees dropping petals across park benches and bricked sidewalk trails.  The scent of the petals stirred into the soft breeze that evens out the hot temperature, resulting in a comfortable warmth like the feeling of a unexpected hug from someone you've always adored.  Somewhere you'd unconsciously visit in your mind when class would drag on all throughout the day.  It was a place that would be bursted away by Mrs. Jeon when she slammed your desk and yell at you for "being off in Lala Land."  But if this somewhere had a name, it certainly would not be called that.  This place wasn't some child's dream.  Probably not yours either.  You could definitely conjure up a better place, but this was always the one that rolled into your mind.  

You soon snapped out of this dream-like state and your vision cleared to reveal Mrs. Choi wildly enunciating about how participles can be used along with alliteration or something.  You decided you better pay attention to the rest of class as if you could choose to be whirred into whatever that was that seemed so comforting.   

Soon enough, the bell rang and you were off to another class.  Most of your classes moved along pretty nicely which was good because most Fridays class dragged on so long and you could feel the hurry-up-and-please-let-it-just-be-the-weekend-already agony seeping through your entire self,  but not today~  Well except for strict Mrs. Jeon bein all up in yo face about Algebra along with Haeng Ri's constant pestering, but that's more of an every day thing.  When the lunch bell rang you stuffed all your supplies into your locker without the care to fix the mess bursting from the metal frame that engulfed your bag and school supplies.  You shut your locker and instantly began the search for Baekhyun in the bustling crowd of the high school hallway.  Almost being ran over a couple of times by hungry hungry high schoolers a few times, you finally located the precious Baekhyun.  "Ready?!", he said.

"For what?"

"To beat everyone to lunch!!"

"Oh, well I don't kno- AHH SLOW DOWN"  you helped as you chased after him, carefully dodging the innocent people within the crowd.

You didn't end up beating everyone but still there you were, hunched over and breathing heavy from the rush over here because of Baekhyun's unexpected whim.

"Next time we are gonna beat them."  Said a dedicated Baekhyun. 

"'Ya sure 'bout that?", you responded in disbelief that he plans for there to be a 'next time'"

"Yup!", Baekhyun smiled as he grabbed lunch along with you.  The two of you walked over to the table you will probably end up sitting at for the rest of the year, and sat down.  Both of you chomped your food not long after.  "Hold on I gotta go to the bathroom.", you said casually.  "Ok, Can I borrow your phone while your in there?", he asked. "Sure."

You handed him your phone and got up to head to the ladies room.  You went to the bathroom as you said you would and freshened up in the mirror before going back to your table.  Baekhyun handed you your phone which you stuffed in your pocket.  You sat down and he began to tell you about how happy he was that it was Friday.  Although it seems a little over the top, pretty much every one is excited about Friday's.  Only high school students would understand completely.  The two of talked of many a things.  You talked about your family, the weekend, school work, classmates, inside jokes, music and so much more.  It had only been a few days that you knew each other but you were already becoming great friends.  It filled you with determination.

Before you knew it, it was time to head home, to head home for the whole weekend! Oh the excitement, ㅋㅋㅋ.  A smile formed on your face as you sat in your own solitary seat on the bus.  You plugged your earbuds into your phone and begun to listen to the first song to come up on your shuffle.  In this case, it was Solo Day by B1A4, which was soon followed up by Call You Bae by AOA's Jimin feat. Xiumin.   

Subconsciously, your mind drifted off to that place again, with the cherry blossoms falling gracefully in mini cyclones formed by the soft breeze.  It was almost as if you were there, almost as if you could see the beauty of it all, as if you could smell the cherry blossoms, hear the soft twitter of birds in the distance mixing with the singing of the wind, and feel the cool breeze along with the warm sunshine and the harmony along with it.

This all quickly diminished when the bus hit a huge pothole jolting you out of your happy place and nearly out of your seat.  Soon enough it's your stop, and you step out of the bus with Twice's song Cheer Up filling your ears.  When you walk across the house to the stairs that lead to your bedroom you realize nobody's home.  "Hmm, that's weird, 'wonder why?", you said unintentionally out loud.

When you've settled into your bed you pull out your phone and check your notifications since when you're at school it's on silent, and you can't hear them.  You notice a text message from your mother.

: Mom :

wont be home when ur back from school because im gonna be a chaperone at Dongmin's Boy Scout camp.  Dongmin and I probably won't be home until Sunday night

Well that explains where she is, you thought as you texted back 'ok'.  As you were about to close messenger you seen a new contact in your phone labeled "Baekhyunee Oppa 😜💖".  What?!  I didn't-  When did he-  WHAT?!  

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Hello readers!!~ 

I know I've said this so many times already but I'm so so sorry for the wait.  I was kinda sidetracked and ended up forgetting this fic existed!  But I will honestly try to update more frequently.  You can yell at me if I don't.  Anyways, this chapter has a whole lot of foreshadowing in it, I dunno if any of y'all noticed but it's there!  I am really excited for the more climactic parts of this fic and the chapters to come!  I hope you are too~  Also, sorry this chapter was so short, haha.  I'll try to make longer chapters next time.  Anywho, thank you for reading, as always and I hope you enjoyed! ^^ 

                                         ~Alexis Author-nim