Chapter 1

You're Such a Good Friend

🎶 Na eurarong eurarong eurarong de Na eurarong eurarong eurarong de🎶

"Uggghh!", you yelled as you scrambled your hand around, trying to find your alarm clock.  You loved the song, but the sound of it blaring in your ear meant waking up for school which you hated!  Just then, your brother, DongMin, dashed into your room.  "You still have that stupid boyband song as your alarm?!", he said, more of a statement than a question.

"Yes! And it's not stupid! Now get out of my room, pest!", you grumpily screamed.

"Somebody's a bit crabby this morning, aren't they?!"

"I said get out!", you said throwing a pillow at him.

He stuck out his tongue and ran out of the room.  When you finally managed to turn off your alarm clock, you stumbled out of your soft, comfy bed, brushed your teeth and hair, and changed into your usual jeans and t-shirt.  You walked downstairs and grabbed a box of generic Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast.  DongMin was on the other end of the table eating his usual Triple-Chocolate fudge cocoa blast cereal with chocolate milk.  You sat down and ate your cereal, trying to avoid looking at or hearing your brother's sickening eating habits.  You quickly finished before your mother came in to comment on how much more punctual your brother was than you.  She didn't seem to realize there is a clear difference between being punctual and being a morning person.  You grabbed your navy blue backpack decorated with several pins and keychains and headed out to the bus stop.

When you arrived at the bus stop with DongMin, you noticed that five people were already standing there.  One of the students was your brother's friend, another rowdy, immature middle schooler.  Sitting on the curb was the senior guy you seen at the bus stop everyday who always has headphones on.  The other three were girls your age that are always gossiping and talking about make-up and boys.  The bus was running a little late, today.  After standing there, leaning on the bus stop sign for about five minutes, you overheard the three girls talking about some new kid.  There really wasn't anything interesting going on at the moment, so you listened in on their conversation.  You knew it wasn't right, but them gossiping about everybody all the time isn't right either.  

"He's in our grade, right?", asked girl number one.

"Yeah!  I think he's starting school here, today, too!  I'm pretty sure his name is Baekhyun or something.  I seen him walking down the sidewalk with groceries just yesterday.", said girl number two.

The other girls gasped.

"Wait...so you mean, you saw him?!" Said girl number three.

"Is he cute?! Is he cute?!"

"I don't know...I only seen him from the back, but he has a cute !"

After you heard that you tuned out of the conversation.  A minute passed, and the bus had finally arrived.  When you got on the bus you were expecting an explanation for why the bus was too late, but no, it was just the usual emotionless bus driver that never spoke to us, and never did anything about the younger students misbehaving.  He just sat there.

You sat in your seat by yourself and tried to block out the screams and laughter of everyone else on the bus.  You were tired, but you couldn't sleep. Not here. Not now.  It wasn't comfortable, and you couldn't trust that some kid like your brother wouldn't draw on your face or something like that.  It seemed like everyone at this school had at least one friend.  Except for you.  You didn't have anything to look forward to when you went to school.  It's always the same boring routine, every single day.

You stood up as you seen the two story, brick school through the bus window.  "Just another boring day at school...", you thought.  You looked up at the building and sighed.  You began to walk into the school, down the halls, and up the stairs to your locker.

you were stuffing your backpack when you heard a familiar voice: a voice that you hated

"Hey! (y/n)!", shouted Haeng Ri with her teasing voice.

You knew it was a bad idea to turn around, but she wasn't going to just leave you alone.  She never does.  You turned around to see her.  You can tell by the look on her face that she thinks she's better than everyone.  

"Where's your friends?  Oh wait, that's right, you don't have any!", she said in a pathetic baby voice.

That insult is like the oldest in the book.  It used to upset you.  It would upset you to the point of crying in the bathroom and skipping school, but you've gotten used to it.  She flipped her overly-bleached blonde hair, and strutted down the hall.  You walked off to your first hour class, English.  It was one of the few classes that had both a nice teacher and the lack of Haeng Ri.

You were greeted by Mrs. Choi.  "How was your day?" She asked sincerely.

"Well, okay...I guess...", you looked down.

"Well it certainly doesn't sound like it!...wanna talk about it?"

"No thanks, I've had worse. I'm just tired."

"If you say so, but you know if you have any problems, you can come to me, right?"

"Of course." You smiled.

You somehow managed to make it through most of the day without complications, even gym, which is always a struggle.  It was seventh hour, your last hour before study hall.  You had algebra.  Algebra is your definite least favorite class.  You have the strictest teacher, Mrs. Jeon, and worst of all, Haeng Ri, who always up to her teachers.  And the teachers fall for it.  I sit right next to her. Yesterday, Haeng Ri cut off a piece of a girls hair who sits in front of us, and blamed it on you.  Today, in this class Mrs. Jeon yelled at some girl for "letting one of her bra straps show", and she got a detention for dress code.  How can she be disregarding the fact that Haeng Ri is wearing shorty shorts and a semi-translucent crop top? (Which is completely against the dress code).

Finally, the day is over. You missed the bus, so you had to walk home, but you don't mind.  You prefer the silence, great scenery, and cool breeze to the loud, overcrowded bus any day.  You walk along the sidewalk, carrying your books and papers in peace.

Then you hear that dreaded, familiar voice again...

"Hey, loser!", she yells, followed by the laughter of her group of popular girls.

You start to walk faster, hoping and praying that they won't follow, but, of course, she never just leaves you alone.  You hear her getting closer and you start running, but she can run faster.

She trips you, and your knees crash onto the pavement, about five feet ahead.  You just sat there on the sidewalk. On your knees, bleeding, crying, as those cold-hearted girls walk away laughing.

"Hey! Are you okay?", says a worried, unfamiliar voice from behind you.

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

Hi! Sorry for any mistakes I've made.  This is my first fic!  Thank you so much for reading!  Hopefully, I can update soon, but school sometimes gets in the way so sorry about that!  Again, thanks for reading. I hope you liked it. ^_^      ~Alexis