Age 14

A Whole New World
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Wow.... a lot of people came to the talent show tonight.” Jinyoung peeked through the curtain.

 

 

Tonight was their school’s annual talent show. After enough nagging and pushing from Jinyoung, Jisoo finally signed up for the show. She decided to do singing. She practiced many many many times with Jinyoung and her stuff animal collection as her audience.

 

“Oppa.... I'm scared.” Jisoo softly spoke.

 

“Jisoo.... how many times have you practiced this song?” Jinyoung turned around and faced her.

 

“Many... but only in front of you!” Jisoo exclaimed.

 

“You practiced in front of Mr. and Mrs. Elephant and their family” Jinyoung pointed.

 

“THEY’RE NOT REAL JINYOUNG! They’re stuffed animals!!” Jisoo exclaimed.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Elephant would be offended if they heard you say they’re not real.” Jinyoung smiles playfully

Jisoo was ready to smack her best friend’s head. Before she could move her hand, Jinyoung held her wrists.

“You'll do fine, Jisoo. Just pretend.... every audience member is me out there.” The boy smiled.

 

“Oppa.” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

 

“What? It’s better than seeing everyone in their underwear” Jinyoung joked.

 

“Oppa!” Jisoo freed her hand and hit his arm. The two quietly laugh.

 

“Seo Jisoo... you're next” the coordinator told her.

 

A loud gulp was heard from the nervous girl, causing Jinyoung to look at her again.

 

“You'll be fine.” Jinyoung encouraged.

 

“Easy for you to say. You're born to perform on stage.” Jisoo pouts.

 

“So? You'll be just as good as me......... Now breathe in.... out... You'll be fine. I'll be right here okay.” Jinyoung turns her around and pushes onto the stage.

 

Jisoo winces as the bright stage lights hit her eyes. In the crowd she can see her parents and sisters, Also Jinyoung's family sitting next to them. She smiled when they held up signs “Go Jisoo!” or “Our Star Jisoo!”

 

She took a deep breath and heard the opening music of her. She looked her to right and saw Jinyoung smiling and giving her a thumbs up. The music was nearing her cue to start.

 

“This is it.” She whispered to herself.

 

She opened to sing the first word.

Please log in to read the full chapter