The Beginning

Family

“You shouldn’t be carrying stuff like that around you know.” 

 

Joohyun looked up to see Seulgi leaning on the doorframe, arms crossed and shooting her a loving gaze. Gently, she set the newly-bought coffee maker on the dining table just as her wife’s hand came into contact with hers. 

 

Seulgi tenderly brought Joohyun’s hands away from the coffee machine and held them in her own as she stood behind Joohyun, pressing her front flush against the latter’s back. 

 

“I’m home.” Joohyun could feel Seulgi smiling as she pressed a chaste kiss on Joohyun’s cheek. 

 

“How was work today?” 

 

“Boring as usual.” Joohyun leant her head against her wife’s shoulder as Seulgi wrapped their arms around Joohyun, right above her swollen belly. A contented sigh left Joohyun’s lips as she tilted her head to the right, allowing Seulgi to nuzzle into the left side of her neck. She heard Seulgi deeply inhale her scent before pressing a kiss to the smooth expanse of her neck. 

 

“I missed you though, and our little one here,” Seulgi murmured as one of her hands left Joohyun’s and moved downwards to affectionately caress the skin that was protecting their unborn child. 

 

“I’ll go take a bath now. Don’t stress yourself or do anything that may hurt you okay?” Joohyun merely nodded in response as the brunette planted a sweet kiss on her lips before leaving to wash herself up. 

 

———

 

As the sound of running water made its way out of the bathroom, Joohyun for one, was glad that their home did not have any staircases. Her shins were swelling from the additional weight she was carrying and her back hurt. With a relieved sigh, she settled herself on the left side of the bed after placing Seulgi’s coffee on the bedside table. Her wife was a er for the beverage and instead of having Seulgi buy the drink on the way to work and back home, Joohyun, who now had to stay at home to nurse their unborn child, would rather happily go through the process of preparing her lover’s favourite drink. 

 

“Ahhh,” Seulgi let out a sigh as the scent of her favourite beverage hit her the moment she stepped out of the bathroom. Tossing her clothes into the laundry basket, she moved over to give her wife a proper kiss on the lips. Hands tangled in damp locks as the lovers locked lips before parting due to the lack of oxygen. 

 

“I swear, once this kid is born, I’m going to make love to you like there’s no tomorrow,” Seulgi panted as she pressed her forehead onto Joohyun’s. She had not touched Joohyun for a good five months now and she ached to feel every inch of Joohyun’s skin under her fingertips. 

 

“Patience, love,” Joohyun smiled as she moved in for another peck. “Good things come to those who wait.” 

 

“I love you so much.” 

 

“Love you too,” Joohyun returned Seulgi’s stare with an equal amount of love. “Drink your coffee before it gets cold.” 

 

“That can wait. You can’t,” Seulgi smiled as she sat at the edge of the bed. Taking one of Joohyun’s legs in her hands, she gently massaged her wife’s sore legs. Ever since Joohyun started complaining about the soreness in her shins, Seulgi had made every effort to find out which areas were hurting her wife the most and learnt how to massage the areas to relieve the pain. The relieved sigh that left Joohyun’s lips indicated to Seulgi that she was doing things right. 

 

“I’ve applied for leave for the next two and a half months,” Seulgi informed her wife as she moved onto the other leg. 

 

“What no! You-“

 

“Joohyun,” Seulgi stopped her wife’s protests with a kiss to her knee. A hand left Joohyun’s leg and moved to grasp her hand instead. “I haven’t been around for the past few months and not only do I feel terrible to you about it — I feel so unsafe leaving you alone at home. Now, I just want to be with you every step of the way. Please just let me do that?” 

 

The sincerity in Seulgi’s eyes was evident and Joohyun could not do anything to deny her wife of what she wanted to do. Letting out an exasperated sigh, she gave her wife a wry smile and nod in acceptance as a smile began to take over Seulgi’s features. 

 

“Thank you, love,” Seulgi leaned forward to steal another kiss from Joohyun before going back to undoing the knots in Joohyun’s calf. Joohyun merely huffed and shook her head. 

 

She could never say no to her bear. 

 

———

 

Seulgi’s coffee was already turning cold by the time she moved to massage Joohyun’s lower back. For both of them, it was their favourite part of Seulgi’s night time routine before dinner. For Joohyun, she enjoyed the smell of her wife’s scent enveloping her while deft fingers worked on her aching muscles. For Seulgi, she enjoyed feeling the weight of both Joohyun and their child together on her as it reminded her that Joohyun and her were going to start a family. Even though that meant more responsibilities, Seulgi could not help but smile at the thought of having a mini Joohyun running around the house. 

 

“You know, after this kid I want to have another one,” Joohyun murmured as she relaxed into Seulgi’s touch. “I want the kid to take after you. Don't worry, I’ll carry the baby so you can focus on your architecture firm.” 

 

“Hmm, that won’t be fair, making you do all the carrying.” 

 

“I want to,” Joohyun turned to look at Seulgi square in the eye. “So when you aren’t around, there will always be a piece of you in me. Besides, you have a tough job, earning money for the family.” 

 

“You have a tough job of nursing our babies too.” 

 

Joohyun kept mum at Seulgi’s rebuttal. Noticing Joohyun’s silence, Seulgi rubbed her arm in assurance. 

 

“Let’s talk about this a few months later?” 

 

Joohyun smiled as Seulgi continued massaging her back. Sometimes her bear would know just when to say the right things at the right time. 

 

———

 

“Just stay at the sofa, Hyun!” 

 

“The colour would run if you throw that in the washing machine,” Joohyun informed just as Seulgi was going to throw a pair of mini pink overalls into the washing machine. 

 

“Huh, seems like I will have to hand wash it then. Anyway, I’ve got everything under control here Hyunnie. Just relax and stay in the living room. Once I’m done I’ll prepare dinner okay?”

 

“But I want to watch you do the laundry,” Joohyun pouted. “You washing those pink overalls would be quite a cute sight to see.” 

 

Drying her hands on the cloth, Seulgi moved to her wife and wrapped a hand around her waist before leading her back to the sofa. 

 

“If you don’t stay here, I will tie you up just like how I did the last time we had ,” Seulgi whispered into Joohyun’s ears before nibbling slightly on her earlobe.

 

With that, she left a very red Joohyun on the sofa and went back to quickly finish up the laundry. 

 

———

 

Joohyun enjoyed looking at Seulgi’s back as she prepared dinner. Well, it was partly because of those firm muscles she could see under the translucent fabric of Seulgi’s shirt and partly because of the serious aura Seulgi was emitting. While they were dating, Seulgi had always been playing (like a baby bear Irene would like to think of it as) but after they got married and Seulgi entered the working world, she had begun to become more serious about things that concerned Joohyun yet at the same time, she didn’t lose her childish sense of humour. It was as though the baby bear had grown up and it was just another side of Seulgi that Joohyun liked to see. Of course, she found the seriousness Seulgi was emitting to be very y and alluring. 

 

“Anddd we’re done!” Seulgi announced as she brought the plate of pasta to her waiting wife. Joohyun had telephoned her this afternoon, cutely whining about her craving for pasta and Seulgi had immediately bought the necessary ingredients after she got off from work. It was the least she could do for her wife — cook her the food she was craving for. 

 

“Omo it looks good thanks babe!” Joohyun could only manage that rush of words before she began digging in. Seulgi could only smile in response as she watched her wife begin to twirl the pasta round her fork like a little kid. 

 

“Nuh uh!” Seulgi quickly stopped her wife before she began stuffing mouthfuls of pasta into . Joohyun glanced at her wife, back to her fork and back to her wife again before she got Seulgi’s message. Pouting, she let the spaghetti slide off her fork before twirling the strands around her fork again — a fewer number of strands this time though. 

 

A chuckle escaped Seulgi’s lips at her wife’s submissiveness. Knowing that it was likely that Joohyun’s hunger would get the better of her, she quickly twirled a couple of strands and reached across the table to feed her wife. 

 

And with that, the two of them spent to rest of their dinner feeding each other and kissing sauce left on the corner of each other’s lips. 

 

———

 

“I swear this kid is gonna grow up to be one hell of a third wheeler,” Joohyun grumbled as she tried to backhug Seulgi who was doing the dishes. The bump between her and her wife was preventing her from even linking her fingers at Seulgi’s front. She had to settle for holding her wife’s waist instead and she missed pressing her front against her wife’s back and nuzzling her head into the crook of her neck. 

 

Seulgi could only laugh in response as she doused the rest of the dishes with water and left them to dry. 

 

“Come, it’s chill time.”

 

Holding her hand out to Joohyun, who took her damp hand without hesitation, Seulgi led her back to their bedroom. This was their favourite part of the day — the part where they sat down and talked about everything under the sky. 

 

Seulgi settled herself in the middle of the bed and opened her legs for Joohyun to settle herself nicely in between them. The moment Joohyun relaxed and let Seulgi support her weight, the bear immediately bunched up her wife’s hair and moved it to one side before placing a kiss on the smooth expanse of neck in sight. Joohyun simply sighed and relished in the feeling of her wife’s lips on hers. 

 

Some nights were like this — no talk, just sweet kisses exchanged between the two of them as they enjoyed each other’s company. Before Joohyun’s pregnancy, most nights were filled with the gasps and moans of love. However, as Joohyun’s belly slowly began to show, nights were now filled with talks of how many kids the two wanted to have, guesses of whether the baby would be a boy or a girl (they had previously agreed that they would call the baby an ‘it’ first) and what they were going to name their kids. 

 

Tonight was a bit different. 

 

Seulgi was absentmindedly Joohyun’s swollen belly until she felt something move against her palm. 

 

Eyes widening, she exchanged glances with Joohyun before smiles slowly spread across both their faces. 

 

“Oh my god Seulgi did you feel that? It kicked me!” 

 

“I did, wow,” Seulgi could not hide her amazement at what she had just felt. Just as those words left her lips, she felt another kick against her palm. 

 

Her smiled slowly evolved into an open-mouthed grin as the feel of a life developing, a life that Joohyun had brought to this planet, was an indescribable feeling. 

 

Immediately, she cupped Joohyun’s face and gave her a deep kiss. 

 

“Now, what was that for?” Joohyun panted as they parted. 

 

“Thank you, love, for bringing this beautiful gift into the world,” Seulgi confessed as she continued Joohyun’s belly in hopes of feeling another kick but it appeared that the baby had already gone to sleep. “Thanks for carrying this child for six months and counting and most of all, thank you for having this child with me.

 

“I really can’t wait to start a family with you.” 

 

Joohyun could only manage a “me too” as tears slowly formed at the corners of her eyes. She couldn’t tell if it was Seulgi’s touching words or her hormones going out of control that was causing her to tear up but regardless, she was feeling the same way Seulgi was — the excitement of becoming a parent as well as the happiness of a life that was going to bind the two of them for eternity. 

 

And as soft lips kissed away those tears, Seulgi slowly brought Joohyun to lay down next to her. Moving stray strands of hair out of her eyes, she leant in for a kiss before interlacing her fingers with Joohyun’s on top of that little bump separating the two of them. 

 

No words needed to be said as the two lovers pressed their foreheads against each other and gazed into each others eyes. The stars in their other half’s eyes were the last thing both of them saw before they drifted off to sleep. 

 

------

Now that was longer than I expected hahahaha

Hope yall liked it!

Comments and upvotes are appreciated :)

I really don't like proofreading my work (huh what an author I am) so tell me if there are any mistakes!

I'm quite into the Seulrene fandom right now so comments might motivate me to write another oneshot?

I'm not interested in writing long stories now since my other story isn't completed.

But I don't want to open a oneshot request shop either because I'm really intent on completing the other story.

Anyways, hope this made your day :)