Apology

Vanilla Latte & Blueberry Muffins

A/N: Another chapter. Not really sure where all this is going but who cares. Enjoy!

 

3 days later…

She was at Silvermist again. She hadn’t been back since leaving Baekhyun. She had felt bad after for lashing out at him and getting angry when he didn’t deserve any of it. She sighed as she felt the guilt creep in. ‘Some ice princess I am,’ she joked in her head.  

It was a Saturday and she decided to spend her off time reading a book with a latte at Silvermist. Home had felt lonely and the office didn’t seem like a good place to read. So on the whim, she decided to head to the café. What she hadn’t expected was for Baekhyun to be sitting at her table.

Biting her lip, she debated if she should just leave. He hadn’t seen her yet so no harm done. ‘It’s not like he’s waiting for me…and why do I even care what he thinks of me?’ she thought dryly. ‘But why am I running? I found this café first,’ she reasoned. ‘God, I probably look stupid just standing here.’

Without a second thought, she ordered her latte and a blueberry muffin and made her way over to the man.

-----

“Hey,” she greeted softly. “Can I sit?” ‘God, I sound even more stupid asking if I can sit. I should have gone home.’

“Noona! Of course!” he grinned brightly and gestured towards the open chair.

“Here,” she said as she pushed the muffin towards him. “An apology muffin. I wanted to apologize for being mean and rude the last time I saw you. That wasn’t me. So, I’m sorry.”

He watched as she wrung her hands on her lap, avoiding eye contact with him. ‘Cute,’ he thought impulsively as he smiled.

“It’s okay noona. I’m sorry I pushed. How about you let me take you to lunch or dinner after we’re done here? Then I’ll accept your apology.”

“I got you a muffin,” she pointed out dryly.

“I already had one. So you should eat it. Deal?” he wagered.

She was silent for a moment, weighing the pros and cons. She sighed. “Deal.”

“Good. Let me just finish this paper and then we can head out, okay?”

Nodding her head, she opened her book and wondered what the hell she was doing hanging out with Byun Baekhyun.

-----

They had decided to take his car and he would drop her off to her car after their lunch.

“Are you craving anything?” he asked as they drove to nowhere in particular.

“Not really. I’m fine with whatever honestly,” she replied. She was wringing her hands in her lap nervously, unsure if she made the right decision. Surely they would get caught. And he’d get into trouble and she’d get a lot of hate from fans. What had even possessed her to agree?

Baekhyun noticed the wringing and grabbed her hand. “You don’t have to be nervous noona. It’s just me, Byun Bacon. I’ll make sure no one sees us.” He gave her a small smile of reassurance.

At his touch, she felt a quiver of electricity. ‘That was weird. That must have been static or something,’ she thought as she ignored the butterflies tickling her tummy.

“Let’s have sushi then,” he joyfully exclaimed.  

Ten minutes later, Baekhyun pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant and they were promptly seated.

“Are you ready to order?” asked the sweet ahjumma.

“Can we get two omakase?” Baekhyun asked before she could open . The ahjumma nodded her head and went to place their order with the chef.

“Yah,” she scolded him, “Who said you could order for me?”

“Trust me noona,” he responded with a gleeful smile, bouncing up and down in his seat excitedly.

“Aish, this kid.”
“Sica noona, what should we do after?”

“What do you mean after? You said only lunch!”

“But it’s a beautiful day out! We can’t let it go to waste!” complained the blonde.

“Seriously like a kid I tell you,” she commented, avoiding his question.

“Wae noona, you don’t like my aegyo?” spoke Baekhyun in his child voice as he did a three set aegyo and finished with an over exaggerated wink.

Jessica collapsed into a fit of laughter, leaning over to the side, unable to calm herself down. Baekhyun looked at her, proud to have made her smile and laugh.

“Yah Byun, you look ridiculous doing that,” she managed to get out as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“I’m the aegyo king of EXO,” he bragged jokingly.

“Save that for Sehunnie,” as she remembered her favorite EXO member (let’s pretend).

“Who’s your favorite from EXO noona?” Baekhyun questioned just as the first course came out.

“Sehunnie of course!” laughed Jessica, earning a pout from the younger one. “How are the boys these days?”

“Good. They’re good,” replied Baekhyun who gave a small smile.

“That’s nice to hear,” she stated softly as if remembering something. “I’m sorry about Luhan, Kris and Tao. I know you loved them like your own brothers…It must have been hard.”

“You don’t need to apologize. Although it wasn’t what we wanted, as long as they’re happy, we should be happy too right? We just need to move forward and make the best out of the situation.”

“That’s one way to look at it,” she chuckled dryly as she thought about his words.

“I’m sorry about you know…” he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. He didn’t know how to continue that sentence.

“Don’t apologize. You had no part therefore it wasn’t your fault. Like you said, we need to move forward. We cannot change the past,” she declared, letting a small smile escape despite the urge to frown.

It was awkward after that.

“Noona?”

“Hm?”

“Don’t think of me as Byun Baekhyun from EXO okay? Think of me as just regular Baekhyun. Like the guy next door,” he quipped. “Let’s just be normal people together.”

“Such a strange request,” she laughed. “Arasso, if you’re just Baekhyun, then I’m just Sooyeon, the girl next door.”

Baekhyun brightened considerably when she told him to call her by her Korean name. Not many people called her that so he considered it a privilege.

-----

“Thank you Baek, I owe you,” she thanked as she stepped out of his car.

“Sooyeon noona, give me your phone,” he commanded gently, extending his hand out to her.

Raising a perfectly arched brow, she handed him her phone and watched as he called himself with her phone to obtain her number and saved his number.

“There! Now you can call me so we can meet up for coffee!”

She rolled her eyes playfully. “Or not.”

He pouted. “Then, I guess I’ll just have to wait here for you everyday.”

“That’s some dedication Baek. I’ll see you around, take care!” she laughed as she turned around, not taking his words seriously.