of headlocks and guilt

summer medley; of runnings and flyings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"on the 7th january of 2015, marks the day of your current time. everything would fall into place as usual, except that as you walk into the class, you will notice someone you don't recognize, and it's a girl-"

 

"what's that on your hand?"

jongin swiftly hides the letter and slips it into his bagpack, giving his friend a casual nod of a hello, as he hops to the seat beside him.

"it's just some notes i read for the math exam"

"oh"

the stream of passengers filled in the bus. there are some who got themselves a seat, but then the rest are forced to hold into the comfort of standing up, grasping into the railings. 

an elderly woman staggers to get up, her weight supported by the metallic cane on her fingers. suddenly, everybody pretends to be busy with whatever they are doing; texting, plugging their earplugs, avoiding the old woman's eyes asking for help. jongin is one of them, as he plugs in his left earphone, and left the right one available to hear his friend, oh sehun chatters about jung soo jung. he pretends to hear despite of being guilty. he would never let sehun know about their pact. imagine how betrayed he would feel, to know his all time bestfriend has been ing his crush behind his back. 

he has always been hasty when it comes to things like this. he forgot to weigh the consequences of his choice, as he only realizes now that this reckless affair he had committed, will affect a huge part of his life. kim jongin had only wanted to have fun, that is why he had agreed on soojung. on doing soojung. cough.

jongin feels at fault for not standing up to give his seat, yet he also doesn't want to give his comfort to a mere stranger. he turns to the front again, to see a young lady, a girl, stands up and offers her seat to the elder one. the old woman smiles in gratitude and pats her hand, asking her to turn her back as she stands up in front of her, a thank you for her as she guides the girl from the prying eyes of erted men, eyeing on her skirt.

as she stands up, facing his seat from the left side of the bus, he sees the badge on her pocket shirt, and it belongs to his school. he scrutinized the girl's face; short hair, doe eyes and thin lips. he never saw her before. probably just another underclassmen, he assumes. usually, he would just ignore it and continue to pay his attention to sehun. yet, he earns a sense of deja vu, and a certain tug on his heart as he continues to gaze intently at the girl. something about her is deeply....nostalgic.

there is a name, slipping and tumbling from his memory, itching to crawl out of his lips and confirm something that mysteriously had made his eyes widened, and make his hand clenched into a fist. something inside his heart is sprouting, struggling to burst out into a million butterflies, something that he finds foreign and strange. because he doesn't know her at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter