PROLOGUE

In Her Shoes

She and I were completely different. While meeting people charged her energy, doing so drained mine. She expressed herself well through speaking while I expressed myself well through writing. She was all easy going, I was all about hiding away. If we're in the Winnie the Pooh, she would be Tigger and I would be Eeyore. If we were shoes, she would be high heels, I would be sneakers. Yeah you get the point right?

But that's not all. She's very, very, VERY popular. Everyone loved her! Especially the male species. Basically, she was like the queen of the campus.

Me? Pssh. I'm the Susan Storm of the campus (if you get what I mean). Sigh.

Strangely though, we clicked together. We had been friends for the past two years. Well, you know what they say: opposites attract.

But being the friend of the queen had its own disadvantages, namely, insecurity. I guessed that was a given. I could pushed away that insecurity though, so it's no biggie. At least I didn't envy her right?

Although... I had to admit there was one thing I'm jealous of. And that one thing was her being able to be with him. The guy I had been crushing on since the day my University life started! But I shouldn't, right? Right? She was my friend after all. I shouldn't be having these thoughts. But why was it so hard to push away the thoughts of him? Ugh! I blamed my lack of - or rather ZERO - experience in the love department.

Yep. Say hi to the girl who had been single for all her life here!

It wasn't like I was the only girl who had been single for the freaking 21 years (or was I?), and I wasn't desperate to be in a relationship either. But why couldn't I get him out of my mind?! And I honestly couldn't help it.

I couldn't help but to dream of what it would be like if I were her. I wondered what would it be like to be the one whom he looked at with those beautiful orbs.

And now...

Now I could only stay frozen when just as I opened my eyes, I was greeted by those very eyes I had always been dreaming of .

Am I dreaming? I must be dreaming! I thought as I closed my eyes again.

"Hey. Wake up now! We gotta go!" He said with a slight tone of irritation while lightly shaking my shoulder. And honestly, his voice sounded very real. And by very I really meant very.

Surprised, I abruptly sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes, knowing that it might just be my hallucination. (Was I drunk last night?) But when I opened my eyes again...

He's still here! This gotta be a dream!

I quickly pinched his cheeks.

"Ah!" He winced. "Are you crazy?!" He slapped away my hands and I actually felt the stinging feeling left on them.

Wait. So I'm not dreaming? My eyes rounded in surprise.

A grin almost broke out across my face when it suddenly dawned on me.

WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING IN MY ROOM?!