Obsession Gone Wrong

Obsession Gone Wrong

I pulled my knees closer to my chest. Tears staining my white pants but I didn’t care. My legs and arms felt weak. It has been a week since the paparazzi took that photo of Jiyong and I hugging outside my house. Chaos ensured after that and I had to delete all my social media account because it was getting so much hate.

“You are so ugly how did he even fall in love with you??” 

“Please go kill yourself. Jiyong is mine!” 

“Who do you think you are?! Some ugly ”

Comments such as these were the most terrible. I couldn’t keep track of just how many people had asked me to kill myself. When Jiyong caught me crying that night, he had made sure that I deleted all the accounts and not read them. He reassured me that I was the only person that he will stay with and that he will talk to his fans about it in the upcoming concert next month. Little did he know, the harassment continued as the haters found my email and my house address. I had received hate mails in my mailbox and one of them even put dead insects inside the envelope.

Just what have I done to deserve all these. I thought to myself that it will pass and that the haters will eventually grow tired and accept the fact. That was what Jiyong told me. But 1 week has passed and I began to doubt that fact. The abuse had gotten worst though, one time, I found a group of haters hiding in the bushes near my house and as I exited, they threw stones at me. Luckily security at my apartment had taken notice of this and made the security in my area tighter.

Having to encounter all these issues had definitely taken a toll on my psychological wellbeing. I was not as chatty, more moody and simply don’t have any enthusiasm to do anything aside from lay in bed and close my eyes. I was frustrated and the comments were starting to get to my head.

“Baby. Do you wanna watch movie with me?” Jiyong asked as he peers into my room. Although it was the late afternoon when the sun have not set yet, the thick curtains in my room made it seemed as though it was late night. 

“Uh… I am tired” I replied hesitantly, turning to face the other side, pulling the blankets above my head. I heard Jiyong sighed heavily as he began to walk closer to me. He lay beside me and pulled me towards him, to which I resisted fiercely. “Don’t…..” I trailed. “Baby look at me” Jiyong said firmly before pulling me into a sitting position.

“What’s happening? You have not been talking to me properly, neither are you replying my text and then now you don’t even want to look at me?” His tone got harsher and harsher as he tense up and his eyebrows creased together.

“I am just tired Jiyong. Leave me alone” I said weakly before trying to plop back into my bed. I did not wanted to tell him about the hate as he already had enough things to be worried about.

“OKAY. I Will. I will leave you alone. In fact, I am so sorry for bothering you!!!” Jiyong shouted at my sleeping form on the bed. I shut my eyes close tightly. I didn’t wanted to imply that but I didn’t have any energy to reply him. I had stayed up the entire night shivering in fear because just last night, I received a doll with a knife in its chest delivered to my doorsteps. 

“Everytime I had free time, all I did was try to contact you and now you saying that I am bothering you?! FINE. I should have concentrated on my work instead of trying to be concern! Do you know I barely got any songs recorded? THE FANS ARE WAITING YOU KNOW” Jiyong continue shouting.

“THEN GO. GO AND RECORD YOUR SONGS FOR THEM” the last sentence had triggered the anger in me and I got up angrily and looked at Jiyong.

“Okay. If they is what you want” Jiyong declared with his voice low and serious. He stood up and left the bedroom and closed the door with a slam.

Tears rolled down my face as I lay back down in frustration. I could hear the main door unlocked and slam before silence filled the air. I lay there in the darkness, not wanting to lift my head up as I continue to sob into the pillow. Just then my phone started ringing and I picked it up immediately thinking that it would be Jiyong.

“Hello?”

“YOU . YOU ING . IF I SEE YOU ON THE STREET I WILL KILL YOU. HOW DARE QUARREL WITH SHOUT AT HIM LIKE THAT”

I cut off the line and sat up in shock, staring at my phone. My hands started to shake as my eyes dart around the room and looking at the window. I felt fear engulf me as I turned off my phone once it started ringing again. A million thoughts went through my head.

This place is not safe anymore.

I began to take my backpack out and started packing clothes enough for the week. Taking along my laptop and a few other valuables. The plan was to go to my parent’s place and to stay there till everything settles. I called the security guard to ask if they had seen any unusual activity around my apartment and as they finished their night rounds and told me that it was safe, I left my house in a hurry, going to the basement to get into my car.

“HEY, STOP THERE” a high-pitched voice was heard as I excited the elevator into the basement. 

“, STOP RUNNING”, as I felt my heart pounding and I began to ran towards my car.

As I reached my car, a pair of strong arms gripped the back of my backpack and yanked me backwards. I cashed into the ground sideways and hurriedly tried to move backwards and away from them.

“What do you want?” I shouted, voice trembling, as I was definitely outnumbered.

The rest of the girls joined her and a total of 4 girls were now coming towards me.

“Please. Leave me alone. There are security upstairs, they will come down anytime” I pleaded as I tried to stand up. The strongest girl pushed me back to the ground and stomped her feet on my hand.

“ where do you think you are going?” as she drilled her feet into my hair and I screamed out in pain.

The other girl shoved her camera into my face. “Poor , getting what she deserved” as she panned the camera in and out. A slap went right across my face and another pulled my hair and jerk at it with all her strength. Tears rolled down my eyes as I let out muffled screams. One of the girls had stuffed a cloth into my mouth and taped it shut. The torments continue for quite sometime as I nearly pass out from the pain they were inflicting on me. Slaps, punches, pushing me into the ground, smacking me with something hard on my head.

“mmm…mmmmmmhhppp” I whimpered against the cloth.

“HEY” I heard a loud voice as the girls stopped midway into attacking me. The hand that was wrapped around my neck tensed and quickly, it was removed and I fell to the ground. The girls were running away and the guards were chasing after them. I slowly crawl up avoiding putting pressure on my hand that was being stepped on. Groaning in pain as I peeled off the tape and one of the guards had returned from chasing the girls.

“We lost them” I heard him report to the other guard before he began walking towards me. “Are you okay? Should we call an ambulance?”

I shook my head. I examined myself and did not feel anything major aside from the bruises and tenderness on the skin where they had punched and slapped me. My hand was red and swollen but it was no emergency. I just wanted to retreat somewhere quiet and safe.

“Can you help me back my apartment?” I asked the guards.

“Sure, you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital?” the guards asked.

“Yeah. I am alright, I will go tomorrow morning” I replied, face frowning as I try to get up.

“Okay. Come let me carry the bag for you”

As I stumbled into my apartment and he helped me onto the chair gently, he gave me a nod and left my house. I sat there an examined myself. Cuts, bruises, my hand could not moved and my head was aching. I tilt my head backwards on the sofa and drift off to sleep as my adrenaline wears off.

JIyong POV:

I was so frustrated as I left her apartment. Ever since that day that the photograph of us hugging got online and she receiving so much hate, she had been like that. In fact, every time she has a problem, she always seems to withdraw herself from everything including myself. I hated it whenever she did that. It was as though she couldn’t trust me to be there for her.

I sighed in despair as I reached my apartment. 

“Hyung? Why are you back so early?” Seungri asked

I looked up and saw the rest of the members sitting on the sofa, they were watching a movie but had all stopped and looked at me once I entered the house. 

“I had a quarrel with her..” I said in defeat, as I plop myself on the couch beside them, snuggling onto Seungri’s arm.

“Is it… cause of the hate?” Seunghyun asked.

“I don’t know…. She don’t want to tell me anything” I sighed in frustration as I closed my eyes. 

Seungri patted my head softly. “She will Hyung… just give her time.. it always seem to be that case”

I nodded. In fact I knew that fact very well. I decided that I will visit her tomorrow when both of us has settle down and started to watch the movie with them, screaming whenever the ghost pop out of the screen. 

“Jiyong” Youngbae trailed as he stared at his phone intently, a frown visible on his face.

“What?” as I continue to watch the movie. Youngbae stood up and turned the television off and turned around, looking at me with a very serious expression.

“Where’s Y/N?” he asked, eyes full of worries as he pass me his phone.

“At home” as I looked at his phone which was on a instagram page titled “Gdragon_protector_4ever”. There were several videos and I opened one of them to play it.

“. HOW DARE YOU” as a slap went down on Y/N face, which was already very red. The camera pan towards the side, which showed another girl stepping and stomping on her hand.

My heart raced as I stood up and immediately sprinted towards the door. “YA HYUNG WE ARE COMING” Seungri shouted as the rest followed me out of the door.

As I reached her apartment, I key in the passcode and burst in. “Y/N??!??!”. We had tried calling her on the cell phone but it couldn’t connect. My eyes scanned around the house before falling on a figure curled up on the sofa.

“Y/N??! HEY BABY?! ARE YOU OKAY?” as I bent down and swipe the hair away from her face, only to see more bruises and some dried blood on her face. She stirred a little in her sleep and her face turned into a frown. “Don’t…. hur…hurt me please” she whispered, instinctively putting her hand up towards her face.

“hey it’s me Jiyong” as I patted her head lightly, afraid that I was going to hurt her more.

Daesung and Youngbae were now taking out the contents of the first aid box and started preparing the items. Seungri and Seunghyun had dragged the blanket and pillow out of the bedroom and brought them to the sofa.

 

My POV: 

As I tried my best to open my eyes, my right eye felt incredibly swollen and I was unable to open it fully. I shifted then immediately shut my eyes in pain as my entire body ache. It literally felt like something huge had fallen onto me.

“Jiyong?” I whispered as I felt someone patting my head softly.

“Yeah, lets go to the hospital okay?” he said gently as his eyes examine my body, looking at all the injuries.

“No. I am fine, Just bruising, except for my hand. Let’s go tomorrow instead. I am tired…” I replied honestly before trying to sit up. Jiyong noticed it and immediately helped me up, his movements very gentle as though he was afraid to cause me more pain.

“Let me see…” as he stretch out my arms and looked at my face. Youngbae had started dapping the dried blood off my forehead and applying antiseptic cream, blowing on it gently to let it dry.

Jiyong sighed as he wrapped his arms around me and allowed me to lean onto his shoulder.

“I am sorry….” I whispered, leaning against him.

“I am sorry too..” he replied “but please… next time tell me. I want to know. I want to share your burden. Okay?”. I nodded as I buried my face in his chest, feeling safer than ever.

“URGH. Those sasaeng fans….. AISH!!!!” he said in frustration.

“Lets make a police report tomorrow. And Y/N I think you should stay with us for the time being. They have gone too far” Seunghyun said in a low serious tone.

“No…..I think they are still schooling…they look really young and if we go to the police, it will leave a mark on their report…” I replied worriedly. 

“Ya! They beat you up and you are still concern about them?!” Seungri raised his voice, a tinge of annoyance obvious in his voice.

“Speak to their parents…. Don’t go to that extend” I sighed as I close my eyes and lay my head back on Jiyong chest.

As Seungri opened his mouth to protest, Jiyong held his hand up to stop him.

“Okay baby. We will do that. But we are going to the hospital first thing in the morning” Jiyong said seriously. “Now close your eyes, we will be here with you” 

With that and a tender kiss on my forehead, I closed my eyes and let exhaustion take over my mind.