Princess Bae, Seatmate Krystal, and the Transferee

What Went Wrong

*Bam!

Seulgi hit her head at her bed's headboard when her alarm rang. She annoyingly opened her eyes as she felt something, someone weighed at the side of her body. Her heart beat fast as she saw a girl completely leaned on her chest, arms wrapped around her stomach. She pabicked for a second before she recalled what happened. "Can i sleep here... w-with you Seul-bear?" There she remembered how her Irene-unnie desperately bugged in her room last night. Her unnie had always have troubles sleeping alone in her bedroom and last night should be just one of those nights but it felt different, the way her unnie asked it was totally different. Irene did really come home late last night - 3am to be exact. Instead of scolding her unnie, she remembered how she stretched her arm as a signal of agreeing to her unnie's plea. Irene smiled and s her arms to Seulgi. And they fell asleep.

The younger giggled while thinking about it. But she opened when she saw the clock. 7:00am. Gosh! I'll be late again.

Seulgi carefully untangled herself from the girl clinging to her. She fixed the blanket before she rushedly ran out of her room to take a quick shower.

As she step closer to her room after taking a shower, she heard the girl in her bed growling in pain. She saw her unnie all curled up under her sheets , holding her stomach. She knows her unnie has a sensitive stomach, she immediately went to the kichen and reached for the medicine. She gently pulled her unnie to sit a bit and let her take the medicine.

"Here. Take this now." The older then obeyed to her bestfriend's order. "What did you eat last night? You know you have a sensitive stomach. Tsk"

Irene couldn't even lift head. She took a glance to the younger girl as she slowly laid her body back to the bed. "Sorry" that's the only thing Irene could say because she knew Seulgi will be mad if she'll tell her they went to the bar last night and she drunk a lot - like a lot that she vomitted all them out after. "Ahm Seulgi..."

"Hm?"

"I don't think i can go to school today. Can- can you inform Mrs. Choi for me?"

"Sure. Sure. Take a deep rest. I'll change my clothes first and I will make soup for you after."

"What? N-no you don't have to!"

"Shhh! I don't want to ditch classes again today and rushed my way back to apartment after someone called me, sobbing because she was in pain again." Seulgi saying in a song tune while doing her buttons. She heard Irene blowed her nose. When she turned around, she stopped by to the bruise in Irene's left leg. "Oh! What happened to this?" eyes sticked at the big bue mark, mouth opened, looking all so worried.

"N-nothing!" In a flash, Irene hid her legs under the blanket.

Seulgi opened her drawer door to get the bruise cream she had been keeping cause her Irene unnie easily got bruises even with the slightest hit in her skin. Yes, Irene doesn't only have sensitive stomach but skin too. That's why it is too amazing for Seulgi to endure all this sensitiveness her unnie has. She doesn't mind at all, perhaps she loves it. These times are the good opportunities to show how much she cares for her unnie. To express how much she cares for her unnie.

She immediately kneeled down at the edge of the bed and rub the cream at the bruised spot of her unnie's leg. Unlike last night, Irene felt the warmness and gentleness with Seulgi's touch. Yes, that ert! Image of a rich-looking girl flashed in Irene's memory. Irene shut her eyes to erase the image of the girl. Seulgi stood up after successfully applying the cream. Seulgi noticed.

"Are you okay?" Irene just responded with a blink. The younger just shook head and sighed. "I don't know what you were up to last night and you look all this wasted unnie." Seulgi clicked her tongue. "Since, i still have classes to catch, i will do the interrogation when i get home. Better prepare for alibis." the young bear sounded incredibly like parenting the older girl. "Wait for a bit, i'll go make your soup first."

"Seul-bear, i said no ne--"

"Shh! Lie down, Princess Bae." Seulgi raised her brows and her unnie complied immediately.

"Princess Bae... but you're the one ordering me." Irene murmured while pulling the blanket all the way to her chest

Not too long, Seulgi finished making the soup. As she was about to enter her room, she heard a soft snore from her princess, hinting that her unnie is awfully sick. She cupped the Irene's smooth face and leaned forward. "Eat the soup now, princess before it gets cold." She gently whispered at the earlobe of Irene. Just then, the older slowly opened her sight to a smiling bear. Seulgi instantly pecked Irene's pointed nose. It was too sweet that got Irene dumbfounded as soon as Seulgi left the room.

--

7:29am.

Seulgi slid her feet on the way to her classroom, her body bumped at the door walls, catching all her classmates' attention. Seulgi showed her shy bear smile. She felt embarrassed after receiving an emotionless reaction from all of her classmates - except for one.

"Hey!" Her seatmate. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. I'm okay. Why?" Seulgi answered in a sec and pulled her chair to sit.

"Just asking." an awkward silence. "Oh by the way! Did you receive my text last night? You didn't reply to it, so..." 

010-9xxx xxx

Hey! Seulgi. Sorry if i texted late. Kindly save my number. Thanks

- Krystal

Seulgi read the text message in her mind. "Ah right! Sorry. I wasn't able to reply. But... i did save your number." she grinned

"Okay. That's fine." Krystal answered without looking at Seulgi. She was busy writing some notes.

Seulgi unknowingly stared at Krystal. She opted to talk again.

"So... Th-that thing.. You are writing now... It's f-for t-the quiz b-bee, right?" Seulgi was awfully stuttering.

"Hm?" Krystal met Seulgi's eyes. The tall girl pulled back a bit, embarrassed to the fact that she was caught on the act staring at her. "Yes." a very short reply to Seulgi's question. Krystal got her head back to her notes.

Krystal and Seulgi used to be good friends since they were in high school until the 1st months of college. Krystal has always been the 1st honor and Seulgi always comes 2nd. Despite of it, they always have a healthy competition. Next to Irene, Seulgi considered Krystal as her second closest friend until one reason unknown to Seulgi, Krystal started to avoid her. Since then, she believes she & Krystal has been battling in a cold war. Thanks they were chosen as partner in this upcoming quiz bee, they started to talk again, little by little. Atleast, Krystal's finally talking to me.

Seulgi's thoughts cleared when their teacher finally entered the room.

"Ok class. So we have a new student. Please introduce yourself."

"Hi, I'm Wendy Son..."