Yeah, Whatever

The Boy in the Bart Pajamas

“Your majesty,” he says as he cheesily bows while opening the car door and I slip into the car, reciprocating a curtsy. He walks to the other side of the car and begins driving.

 

“Where to now?” I asked him, looking at his face which was plastered with a wide smirk.

 

“Surprise,” He simply says as he holds my hand with his free hand. With my free hand, I reach out to turn up the volume of the radio, but I’m stopped before I could even touch the small knob of the radio.

 

“If you want to hear music, just let me sing to you,” he says cheekily as he begins belting out random lyrics from Got7’s infamous songs. I can’t help but stare at him in awe at how talented he is. He does this for the next twenty minutes before we arrive at wherever our destination is.

 

“My favorite bakery!” I exclaimed excitedly as he parked the car. I quickly jumped out of the car and Jaebum followed me. It was still really early, so there were barely any customers in this shop, meaning less people would recognize him.

 

He walks towards the cash register and buys a dozen of my favorite cheese bread and I get excited, this was one of the things I’d missed the most about Korea when I went to America.

 

“Let’s go,” he says, nudging me from my train of thoughts and we return to the car now with a box of bread. “Here,” he says, putting the box on my lap as he begins driving.

 

“Why did you suddenly take me to get cheese bread? Are you plotting something?” I interrogated him, this was so out of the blue, him doing all these things.

 

“You were gone for a year, I knew you’d miss this!” He defends himself, and it was true, he knew me better than anyone else. This was the bakery that we visited more times than I could even count, known for their magically delicious bread. We visited this bakery every chance we had before Jaebum’s schedule got hectic and crazy.

 

I can clearly recall when I got my driver’s license, Jaebum sat in the passenger every time, helping instruct what to do and how to do it. He was my free personal driving instructor, and as a thank you gift, I drove here. It might’ve not been the greatest idea, because as soon as I turned in, I had managed to dent all parts of the car by recklessly driving into trash cans.  

 

I lean over my seat and kiss his cheek, “Thanks babe, are we going home now?”

 

He completely ignores my question and instead diverts my curiosity by complimenting me, “I think I forgot to tell you you look extremely beautiful today,” causing me to fluster and almost choke on my bread.


“Yeah, whatever.”