I Missed You So Much

The Boy in the Bart Pajamas

“Thank you for using this airline, see you next time!” The flight attendant said as I exited the plane and began walking down the terminal. I’d just been on a 13 hour flight from America and had just landed at Incheon Airport. I held my belongings in my arms and gripped the straps of my backpack tightly as I began to speed walk through the mass of people that waited at the exit to greet their families and friends coming off the plane.

 

“Where is he?” I said to myself , searching frantically for my boyfriend. I looked around for the baggage claim sign and followed the arrows, maybe he was already there. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. I put the phone to my ear when I saw a guy wearing a Bart Simpson jacket pull out a phone and bring it to his ear, “Hello?” I heard my boyfriend on the phone say. He had his hood up, and was wearing sunglasses, but no doubt I could tell it was him from afar. I got excited and quickly said, “I see you!” and hung up. I ran towards Bart Simpson and hugged him excitedly.

 

“Babe! I missed you so much!” I exclaimed, squeezing him tightly. I nuzzled my face into his chest, but this wasn’t the chest I’d spent countless nights resting my head on as I slept. In fact, this wasn’t even a guy’s chest.

 

“Ma’am?” I heard a woman’s voice whisper from above and I was too embarrassed to even look up. I quickly let go and kept my head down. Slowly, I looked up to a very confused woman looking at me. Nonetheless, she was beautiful, totally feminine, how could I mistake her for a guy?

 

“I’m so sorry!” I quickly said and bowed a quick and embarrassed goodbye and sped away from her. I pulled out my phone again and dialed my boyfriend’s number once again, this time furious because he’d promised me he’d be there when I landed.

 

I texted him asking him where he was, and he ignored my texts, and calls. I began to get sad, and stared at my phone in the middle of the big airport waiting for him.

 

“Jagi!” I heard a loud male voice from across the airport shout. I looked up excitedly and there he was, my boyfriend. Surprisingly, he wasn’t wearing a Bart jacket, instead he wore black pajama bottoms, which had small Bart Simpson characters on it. I quickly ran towards him and out of excitement, I leaped into his arms, making him stumble back a little bit out of surprise, nonetheless his strong self kept us up.

 

“Where were you!” I asked him when he let me down. I began to slap at his chest. “You said you’d be there when I came off the plane!” He grabs my hands, stopping the soft yet angerful slaps at his chest, and holds them in his hands.

 

“I was here the entire time! But you were too busy hugging girls!” He teases me, and I flush in embarrassment, he saw that! He leans forward and kisses me on the right cheek. “I missed you too!” He says as he pulls away from my cheek and kisses my left cheek, teasing me even more. “So much,” he says finally as he lets go of my hands and grabs my face, and crashed his lips into mine.

 

The ding of the baggage claim interrupts our kiss, and he quickly lets go and we make our way towards the baggage carousel. He spots my suitcase easily, because he, as a joke, tied a picture of himself to the suitcase, and wrote “Jaebum’s Jagi” on the back of it. He effortlessly lifts the suitcase from the luggage and places it on the ground. I insist on pulling the suitcase myself, but he refuses and grabs my hand instead.

 

“I see you’re using this well, huh?” He says, pointing at his Bart neck pillow he’d lent to me for when I went to America. I smile at him, and nod, this was one of the things that kept me sane for the past year that I was away from him. “What are you thinking about?” I heard a voice from above me say, I didn’t realize I had dazed off.

 

“Nothing much, I’m just really happy the whole being apart for a whole year thing worked out,” I said, squeezing his hand.

 

With the hand that was holding the suitcase, he pulls me into his chest, and kissed the top of my head, “Me too.”