Chapter 2: Strawberry

Sick With Jealousy

    Taehyung slowly fluttered his eyes open, trying to process what was happening. He could hear a beeping sound and everything he saw was cloaked in white. He located the sound and found the IV stand pulsing some weird fluids into his arm. He lazily blinked his eyes as his brain processed that he was in a hospital. Tilting his head to the right, he spotted Jeonguk sleeping on a chair with his red hoodie covering his crossed arms. Dark bags could be seen on the maknae face and thoughts of how long he had been in this room came into Taehyung’s mind.

    He tried to sit up but needle-like fire shot up his spine and he let out a grunt of pain. Jeonguk slowly opened his eyes and they widened when seeing Taehyung clutch his stomach.

    “Hyung! Thank god you’re okay; do you know how worried everyone was? Yoongi was pretty much cussing everyone out and Jin-eomma was cleaning so much and-”

    Taehyung chuckled at Jeonguk’s blabber, but then curiosity filled his mind.

    “Hey, Kookie, how long was I in this place?” Taehyung tilted his head, inquizitive.

    “O-oh, um I think a couple of days? I mean I was basically sleeping here the whole time so I didn’t really look at a clock…”

    Taehyung snapped his head up, ignoring the pain that rushed to his head, and exclaimed,”You stayed here the entire time?”

Jeonguk let out a quiet “yeah” as if embarrassed by his actions. His calm demeanor cracked and his lower lip trembled visibly. “I-I was scared, Taetae.”

Taehyung reached out to cup the younger’s cheek as he saw tears brim his onyx eyes. Never did he expect Jeonguk to stay here with him, much less even care too much about Taehyung’s wellbeing. Jeonguk was an indifferent person, not to the extent of grandpa Yoongi, but he wouldn’t often get fazed by such things as this.

Jeonguk leaned into Taehyung’s hand and he got up from his seat and laid down next to Taehyung on the linen hospital bed. He cuddled his head into the elder’s chest and let his arm instinctively drape over Tae’s torso. Taehyung blinked at the sudden closeness but never opposing it. It was unnatural for Jeonguk to initiate skinship but when he did, it was always welcome.

“I’m sorry for worrying you, Kookie. I-I guess I didn’t want to burden you guys with me being sick. I mean I already don’t contribute to the group and I just make everyone look bad with my weirdness and-”

    Jeonguk cut Taehyung off, furious that his hyung could think such a way. “Oh my god, Taehyung, really? You are the most perfect, adorable, and funniest hyung ever. Your singing is so freakin’ good and, honestly, I want to always be around you.”

    Jeonguk blushed at his own cheesy words but Taehyung was smiling with a shine that would make the sun jealous. The cute maknae, the one that was everything to Taehyung, might think of Taehyung the same way. This must be a dream, thought Taehyung but the constant pounding in his head proved that it was, in fact, real life. A little too real.

    Taehyung winced at the pins that were jamming into his brain; the headache was getting worse. Jeonguk jumped into action and called for the nurse.

    “S-sorry hyung, just rest. Um, forget about what I said,” Jeonguk quickly said.

    “Don’t be stupid,” Taehyung suddenely said while clutching his head. “You made this a whole lot better.”

    Jeonguk blushed, now off the bed, but Taehyung didn’t notice. His stomach felt like releasing its contents thanks to the dizziness of the headache. The nurse rushed in and motioned for Jeonguk to give Taehyung some room.

    Jeonguk hesitantly nodded his head and headed out to tell his hyungs the good news.

                    **  **  **  **  **

After Taehyung arrived back from the hospital things mostly went back to normal. Mostly.

    “Kookie~” sang Taehyung as he sat on his bed. “Can you bring your favorite hyung some strawberries?”

    Jeongguk rolled his eyes at his hyungs cuteness, but nevertheless got the berries.

    “Oh, Kookie, I want some too!” yelled the jamless boy as he grabbed Jeongguk arm.

    Jeongguk shook off the hand and clicked his tongue. “Get it yourself, shorty.”

    Jimin acted treacherously betrayed and fell to ground, clutching his broken heart. “Oh the pain of having a rude and uncaring maknae,” he cried as he faked weeping.

    Taehyung laughed both amused and relieved. Jeongguk wasn’t showing favoritism to the other hyung, anymore. Taehyung and Jeongguk had gotten much closer (if that was possible) after the incident and none of the former skinship had occurred between Jimin and Jeongguk.

    Jimin mumbled a “I’d rather piss off Yoongi hyung, At least he lets me cuddle later” and skipped away to an awaiting destiny.

    The two were left alone and Jeongguk quietly picked a strawberry and nibbled on it. Taehyung stared at the lips around the red berry. So plump and getting even more reddened by the fruit. So kissable. So far. Closer… closer… closer… Taehyung could hear Jeongguk’s breath hitch and he couldn’t hold it back.

    He slammed his lips into the younger’s, suddenly craving the taste of strawberry. Jeongguk’s eyes widened comically but he kissed back and soon melted into the kiss. It was sweet, loving, and delicious. They couldn’t get enough. Taehyung gripped onto Jeongguk’s arms and the latter pushed himself against Taehyung, itching to get closer. Taehyung was against the wall and he wrapped his legs around Jeongguk’s waist, never breaking the kiss. The strawberry was devoured in between their lips and they had to break apart for air.

    They stared at each other’s eyes for what seemed like hours, reading each others hearts. Finally Taehyung built up the courage to speak.

    In a meek voice he said,”I-I just wanted a strawberry.”

    Jeongguk laughed and said,”I wouldn’t mind if you wanted another one.”

    “I-I love you.”

    “I love you, too, Taehyung.”

    “...I want another strawberry.”

    __________________________________________________________________

a/n: OMG SAVAGE JIMIN lol xD /// im gonna be writing another oneshot soon (probably) HOPE YOU LIKED IT :)))