Chapter 1

Sick With Jealousy

sorry not proofread :/ enjoy tho!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung hurts.
   He's been sick for two days and no one has seemed to notice yet thanks to their hectic schedule. Not even Jin, the most observant of the seven, has detected anything; although it is getting harder for Taehyung to hide his obnoxious coughing.
   Now, he's stuck lying in bed with shivers and tremors creeping on him and the harsh coughs racking his body without mercy. He hadn't gotten up since, well, yesterday. But that day isn't something Taehyung would particularly like to chat about.
   Despite the chills and pounding headache, Taehyung's worried about something so much more pressing: Jeonguk. The maknae has been floating in his thoughts since they first met, really, but even more so now. His adorable bunny smile made Taehyung trip and his wide, exploring eyes made Taehyung want to hug the bunny until he just was forced to say the three words.
   But now, oh now, Taehyung was in a flurry with Jeonguk. He had seen his bunny (well not his yet, but any day now, surely) enclosed in Jimin's arms. They were in  the dorms and without hesitation Jeonguk had kissed-- kissed-- Jimin's cheek!
   Taehyung couldn't possibly understand how sassy Jeonguk had suddenly decided to embrace his maknae side and have the adorable guts to do that. Taehyung knew he was overthinking it and he knew it was probably a dare or some , but the message wasn't really coming in too clear in his head.
   Jealousy was like a frosty fire that burned through Taehyung; its relentless heat flickering in his stomach then releasing its cold shivers across him in goosebumps. Of course, Tae put it off as just the fever, but it was of course jealousy lurking in his veins.
   He coughed, his throat dry and scratchy, and rolled over in his messy bed, trying to get out of it. The clock on his dark wooden nightstand read 1:30 PM and Tae gave himself a pat on the back because, come on, that's damn early!
    He walked over to his the bathroom and splashed his face with cold water; his burning  forehead could use it. Another flow of coughs shook his lithe frame once more and he prayed that Jeonguk would have mercy and that Tylenol was available and stalked over to the kitchen. He found Jin in the kitchen as usual, without Namjoon, which was not normal. Oh who was Taehyung kidding, Namjoon was probably snoring his off.
   Taehyung decided that the best decision would be to tell Jin about his predicament and he asked for the location of the medicine cabinet.
   "Of course you would find a way to get that virus that's been flying around," Jin sighed as he took out the Tylenol.
    Taehyung smiled sheepishly and walked over to the living room. He plopped down onto the couch and the tv to Cartoon Network.
   "Where's everyone else?" Taehyung questioned, mostly implying where Jeonguk was.
   "They went out to get some groceries. Jeonguk and Jimin are still in the dorms playing some video games. You could join them after you eat some food."
    Taehyung frowned at the thought of Jimin and Jeonguk, together, in a room alone. He decided against interacting with Jeonguk for the while, for it seemed it would be quite awkward.
Just as he settled in the sofa after saying a quick "I'm good right here" a door was slammed open.
    There was Jeonguk, in the flesh, standing in the doorway.
    Taehyung gaped at the sight. The maknae was in only red boxers and a loose white t-shirt and when his arms reached up to scratch his head, his abs were there in all their glory, for Taehyung to see. But then Taehyung snapped into the present and he reminded himself that he would not, could not, allow himself to fall all over again to Jeonguk.

He kept staring.

"Hey hyung," Jeonguk exclaimed, excited to see Tae again after not catching a glimpse of him the say before, “want to play Mario Kart? I mean, you'll probably lose like me because of Jimin. He is so freaking good at that game, but he said he would help me win so I'm technically nailing the game. But, Jimin, damn, he is sooo amazing at that-"

Taehyung stopped listening to Jeonguk and his blabber about Jimin. The fellow 95-liner was his friend too, his good friend, but he couldn’t help but despise him at that moment.

“Tae hyung.” The said boy looked up in surprise. Jeonguk sounded quiet and a bit deflated, like something put off his mood.

When he looked up, he saw only Jeonguk (Jin had walked out to cuddle with Namjoon a while ago) and his adorable pouty face. “Uh, what did you say?”

“I was asking if you could hang out with me and play some video games. I was talking to you and you just looked away.” Jeonguk’s pout was more killer than ever and Taehyung sighed in defeat.

“Sure, a couple games shouldn’t hurt but-"

Jeonguk’s face was shining in a smile and in a split second and he quickly, yet gently, pulled Taehyung off the couch in excitement. Taehyung stumbled off; his head was swimming in a sea of nausea and he felt like barfing.

“K-Kookie, hold up. I-I don’t really feel t-too well,” Taehyung stuttered. He heaved over, hands on his knees and in huge breaths, but the dizziness was getting to be too much. He could barely make out Jeonguk as he kneeled down on the floor.

“Hyung! Hyung, are you okay?” Jeonguk said frantically. He held onto Tae’s shoulders to support the elder but he still felt the other lay down on the floor.

“Kookie, j-just call Jin hyung and stay back. I-I might puke on you,” Taehyung replied sluggishly. He could feel himself slipping into unconsciousness, the black dots swimming across his vision.

   Despite the other’s warning, Jeonguk scooted closer, him too kneeling on the floor. He cupped the elder’s cheek and although the situation was a little crazy, he almost cooed at the cuteness of his hyung. Curiousity and caring filled Jeonguk’s eyes and he stared at his handsome hyung. His lips were slightly parted and his eyes were fluttering closed and- wait.

   “Jin hyung! Taehyung fainted!”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

a/n: wow i feel like the ending was so rushed :/ SORRY ITS SO SHORT :(((