Chapter 11

What You Can't See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school N couldn’t sit still, he was tired from the night before, he had lost a lot of sleep due to Leo. It wasn’t fatigue that was keeping him so jittery, but the fact that Leo wasn’t at school. N wondered what made Leo skip, did he just not care anymore, or worse; were N’s words too harsh last night? N set his pencil down on his desk and sighed heavily, he regretted being so rude to Leo. Leo was probably already under a lot of pressure by his father, N could sympathize with him, Leo’s father didn’t seem too kind to Leo. N shivered as his thoughts grew, he shook them away, and he would just go to Leo’s house and apologize. N made up his mind and just as the bell rang, the class was dismissed and everyone poured out of the classroom. Ken and Ravi approached N’s desk, N looked up and jumped slightly, “Oh uh yes?”

Ravi’s expression softened and asked, “Do you know where Leo is?”

Hongbin joined them with Hyuk and joked, “He probably skipped because he had too much fun last night.”

Ken gave him a stern look and Hyuk said, “Leo left in the middle of the party, and I don’t know where too.”

Hongbin looked to N, “By the way, why didn’t you come to the party either? You know the whole school was invited right? In fact Leo tried his best to get you to come, he seemed pretty determined.”

N felt his mouth go dry but calmly replied, “Oh, I’m really sorry. My father was in town and I wanted to spend some time with him.”

Ken looked curious, “In town?”

“Yeah he travels a lot and so when he’s in town I like to spend as much time with him. It happened he came in last night and left again this morning, so I wanted to have dinner with him. Leo did invite me and I told him I was grateful for the invite. He understood the situation though.”

Everyone nodded understanding, Ravi knit his brow, “Wait, but that still doesn’t answer the question as to where Leo is. He’s not even answering his phone.”

Hyuk put a hand on N’s shoulder, “Thanks again though!”

Hongbin cleared his throat bringing everyone’s attention to him, “N I actually owe you an apology.”

Ken added to the statement, “We all do, last night Leo told us how you let him borrow notes occasionally, and stuff. We were too harsh on you, and for that we’re sorry, you’re a great class president.”

N was surprised at what he was hearing, “What? You don’t owe me anything really,”

Ravi smiled at N, “Don’t get all modest! Besides Leo is one our best friends, any friend of his is a friend of ours.”

N swallowed wondering if he was dreaming all of this, “Uh,”

Hongbin sighed, “Oh well, sorry again about before N. See you later, bye!”

The guys waved goodbye and left, N sat at his desk and steadied his breath. The most liked group of guys in the entire class, probably even the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter