F I N A L

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ①] Twenties.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"I'm the one who fell for you, you might not know." - Palpitations (Ben)

 

Another typical afternoon in 'Coffee with Pups'. Barkings of puppies filled the environment in the midst of coffee scent wafting through the air. Classical music was playing along. In this cafe, you are allowed to bring your own puppies or you can just come on your own and play with the puppies wandering around there.

Someone opened the door, bringing in the coldness from outside. SaeHyeon could feel her weary legs after doing some window-shopping for two hours. Being lunchtime, the cafe was full of diners, but she managed to find an empty table near the window. She then looked around for a waiter.

An elegant lady was standing in front of the counter to pay the bills. A small Golden Retriever was sleeping peacefully in her arms. SaeHyeon stared at her heels for a few seconds and a strike of pain hit her. She was in her pair of red Converse and her legs were already aching, let alone the 10cm high heels. And she was impressed with the lady.

"Hey, there you are." A deep voice interrupted her thoughts, bringing her to face the owner of the voice. She then flashed a smile towards him. "Jeon Wonwoo, I've been waiting for you!"

Being best friends for nearly 16 years, they felt so comfortable with each other around. The guy just pulled out the chair in front of her and sat down before taking her orders. "Yah, your boss is going to kick your if she sees you like this." He just laughed it off. "Nah, she's not here today. What do you want? We have special promotions for soya latte this week."

"Let me think about it..." She began to wander in her thoughts while Wonwoo was trying to fit himself within the small space. She didn't realise how tall he was and she watched as he had to scrunch himself up to fit his knees underneath the table. "Ok, I will go with the soya latte. Oh, and also some toasts please."

"Sure..." She saw the tip of his pen moving back and forth as he jotted down her orders. "If that's all, I will go now." Then he tried to pull his legs out of the seat, which caused SaeHyeon to let out a laugh. "Are you sure you are able to get out? Now I know the disadvantages of being too tall."

"Oh, shut up shorty."

"GIANT."

Both of them sticked their tongue out at each other before Wonwoo proceeded to give the order. Another waiter received the order from him and looked towards SaeHyeon. "Oh, she comes again. Our regular customer~" SaeHyeon felt someone was looking at her and she raised her head to find another 'giant'. He went to her after passing the order to the kitchen.

"Annyeong Mingu." She looked at him and smile. "Yah, you did follow Jihoonie hyung too!" He pouted. She smiled and shrugged. "Hey, I miss your baked cheese."

"Too bad I can't make it for you today." He said as a little Labrador Retriever came towards his feet. "Ohh, hello, Dubu." He picked it up and its back. SaeHyeon stretched out her finally-warmed hand and tickled its chin. "Guess I'm gonna send it for a bath. See you later." She gave it the last at its head. "Bye, Dubu. Bye, Mingu." Mingyu let out a groan before left.

Wonwoo came and placed a set of toast and a hot mug of soya latte on her table. "Here's your order, Miss." SaeHyeon gave a polite nod and laughed. "Thank you. Guess you gonna to squeeze yourself again." She said as he wriggled a bit to fit himself at the seat. Wonwoo gave her a glare before continued. "How's days?"

"Bruh. It's a freaking tired week. Assignments are flooding my room almost every day. What about you?" SaeHyeon took a sip of her drink. He blew his bangs. "Exams are just around the corner. Guess I won't be here for the next month."

SaeHyeon gave him a pat on his shoulder. "I believe you can do it." Then she realised he wasn't listen to her. He was staring at somewhere else. Twirling around in her seat, she looked across the cafe and saw a girl sitting with a Corgi on her lap. Looking up, she saw Wonwoo gazing at her, and for a brief moment they made eye contact, before she smiled blushingly and quickly glanced back at her iPhone.

I swear, it's like I'm invisible. SaeHyeon rolled her eyes.

"She's pretty." She heard him murmured. And she answered. "Go ask her out then."

"No way!" He hissed. SaeHyeon put the mug on the table. "Tsk. What a typical Cancer." Wonwoo frowned at her. "There's nothing to do with zodiac signs, Yoon SaeHyeon."

"Well, you have just proved that it's real, Jeon Wonwoo." She then noticed him pouting when the girl stood up and left the cafe with her Corgi. As soon as she was out of the door, Wonwoo let out a loud groan when SaeHyeon kicked his leg under the table. "Congratulations for what have you done, Mr. Jeon."

"I am just fear of rejection." He mumbled. "Wait, I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere." SaeHyeon said as she pulled out a familiar book from her sling bag. "Cancer... Cancer... Oh, here it is!" She then cleared before continued. "Cancer men suffer from fear of rejection. See! It's real! And do you ever know my zodiac signs?"

"Ah, it's already enough for me to know your birthday." Wonwoo rested his head on his palm. She poked his hand and whined. "A simple Google will do!" Together they looked out of the window, watching as her figure receded down the street and disappeared in the winter scene.

"Guess I'm gonna wait until her next visit." He sighed. SaeHyeon put the book back into her bag. "Good luck to you then. It's late. I'm leaving."

 

SaeHyeon went there again the following week. That day there wasn't much people at the cafe as it was a weekday. As she pushed the door open, immediately she found an emo figure with back facing her. Mingyu saw her and was about to greet her but she stopped him with a silent gesture. She then hit the emo person and shouted. "Hello, Jeon Wonwoo!" To her dismay, he didn't care about her and continued to stare outside the window. SaeHyeon sat down opposite him and looked towards the way he stared. "Yah, what's so interesting there?" He didn't reply.

"JEON WONWOO!" He snapped. "Oh, hi, SaeHyeon."

"What's wrong with you?" Then something hit her. "Are you waiting for the girl?" And he nodded. She went on. "How long have you waited?"

"The whole week. And till now she didn't come here at all. Not even passing by." He took a deep breath and a sudden sympathy her. "I don't think I will ever see her again."

SaeHyeon sighed and looked around. She saw a guy was sitting nearby their table, fingers tapping on his iPad. The screen was big enough that she was able to see what was he doing.

Welcome to Love Line, let your love stories begin.

Slowly her lips curved into a smile. "Wonwoo, why don't you try Love Line?" He looked at her dumbly. "What is a love line?"

"You don't know about it? It is the most famous website where people could have chance to know someone new. And mostly for the singles, you know, like us. You don't live under the rock, or do you? You should know this!" SaeHyeon pinched his arm, causing him to yelp in pain. He rubbed his arm. "Yah, I'm not that eager for love like you. I don't care about these things."

"Well, now you are. You should give a try, at least. It doesn't cost you anything anyway."

"Yeah, you should try, Wonwoo." A blonde guy appeared out of nowhere, with a tab in his hands. "I've prepared everything for you, now all you have to do is tell me what do you want to tell her." He then winked at SaeHyeon. And she smiled. "So nice to see you, Soonyoung."

Wonwoo thought for a while. "Hello. You were the girl that..." He blurted out so sudden, which caused Soonyoung to flinch a little before flying his fingers over the keypad. "Ok, then?"

"Hello. You were the girl that ordered americano at 'Coffee with Pups' last Saturday... You brought your Corgi along... I was one of the waiters who was too shy to approach you... I would like to see you coming here again as I can treat you a cup of coffee together with a set of toast."

SaeHyeon stared at him. She was totally amazed by her best friend who seemed like doing a pledge. Wonwoo was so into his own world until a cracked voice trespassing his mind. "That's all? Oh, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter