Fake It

Fake It

            “Let’s get married”

            “What was that...?”

            The muffin you were going to eat now lies on the floor forgotten due to the shock of the question. Jimin doesn’t even bat an eye on your small predicament as he merely chuckles and runs his fingers through his hair. Narrowing your eyes at him you’re suddenly very suspicious.

            “A couple days in Busan suddenly made you realize that you wanted to marry me?” you asked cautiously.

            A Cheshire grin is then spread across his face and his eyes disappear into the little crescents that make your heart jump. He’s biting his bottom lip and leans in from across the table. As if to stage a whisper he brings one of his hands up to cup the side of his face and says dramatically, “Yes, it did.”

            You lean in even closer to him and there’s a hint of mischief and glee in his eyes and your eyebrows are furrowed as if in deep thought. You bring up one of your hand to flick him on the forehead. He lets out a loud yelp and you sit back satisfied, watching him rub his forehead while pouting.

            “Tell me the real reason why you want to “get married”, Park Jimin,” you asked as you brought your hands up to add quotations around ‘get married’.

            He lets out a sigh and habitually runs his fingers through his hair again. He slouches in his seat and fiddles with the napkin on the table, “Does there have to be a reason?”

            You cross your arms and stare at him, “Well you didn’t even take me out on a proper first date.”

            He rolls his eyes and waves his hand around him as if to remind you of where the both of you are right now.

            “What are we doing right now?” he asked.

            “We’re getting coffee, something we always do, you tangerine.”

            Jimin lets out an indignant whine, grabs strands full of his hair, and tries to look at it. He then glares at you and throws the crumpled up napkin towards you, “You told me you liked my orange hair.”

            “I do”, you giggled.

            “So I didn’t hear a no.”

            “But you also didn’t hear a yes, and we’re not even dating Chiminie.”

            He shrugs and takes a sip from his coffee cup and goes back to leaning towards you, “Doesn’t matter, I’d still choose you as the one I’d marry.”

            Your face suddenly feels hot and the butterflies in your stomach intensify. You let out an awkward cough and try to avoid eye contact with Jimin. He gives you another dazzling smile and you’re a stuttering mess and ends up just burying your face in your hand trying to hide the blush on your face.

            “As cute as that was, I’d still like to know the real reason behind this whole marriage thing,’ you mumbled through your hands while discreetly glancing at him.

            His angelic laughter reaches your ears and you bring your hands down to look at him. His eyes are shining and he leans forward even more towards you and whispers, “I heard engaged couples get to try free cakes for their wedding.”

            You sit back and do nothing but stare at him. All you can do is blink and try to decipher what he just said, but with him sitting there bouncing around in his chair and biting his bottom lip in excitement, you can’t help but to laugh.

            He reaches his hand out to grab yours and smiles, “So you in?”

            Your hand intertwines with his and you get up and drag him towards the direction of your favorite bakery, you look back to glance at him with a huge grin spread across your face, “Oh I am so in, Hubby.”