More than Cake

LOVE TREATMENT

 More than Cake

Seulgi/Joy (Seuljoy)

Joy confronts a nervous Seulgi after spending time apart.

626 Words


Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Seulgi Unnie… Are you in there?” A distinguishable voice asked from behind my office door.

 

In just a second, my glasses flew off my face. My hands reached up to my hair patting down as much unwanted flyaways as I could. I managed to fix my appearance as the eager girl opened the oak door.

 

“I hope you don't mind I let myself in.” Her voice was enough to bewitch me under a charming spell.

 

“Joy! It's nice to see you.” I gestured to the empty chair placed in front of my desk. She smiled, silently taking her seat. “How are you?”

 

“I'm good, but I didn't come here for small talk.” She deadpanned.

 

“Um,” I gulped. She knows. She knows I like her. “What is it?”

 

“Unnie...” The girl heaved. My heart agonized what was coming my way. She must of sensed my change in abnormal behavior, because her soothing smile reappeared on her face. “Don't worry Seulgi Unnie, it's nothing bad.”

 

I nodded, my body still tense.

 

“I've noticed you haven't been the same old Unnie lately. Usually you invite me to dinner, or you would take me out to do something fun like karaoke or bowling...” Her lips quivered with every word, holding back unwelcome tears. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

I felt the weight fall off my shoulders and I immediately wanted to wrap my arms around the younger girl.

Work has been hectic with many deadlines and commitments coming and going. They needed me to be there to be an extra hand and help reach our company goal. I didn't even notice I was cutting off the most important people to me, off. Joy must think I hate her.

 

“Joy, don't cry.” I tried comforting from behind a desk. Joy sniffled, nose turning a lovely cherry pink. I wanted to pick it up and throw it out the window like the invincible hulk and embrace her in the tightest hug. “You didn't do anything wrong. I've been busy with deadlines at work. I didn't realize how withdrawn I was from you, until now.”

 

Joy's sniffling transformed to sobs. My instincts repeated the same sentence over and over again.

 

Just hug her damn it.

 

I perked up from behind the desk, drifting around it. Her face was now in her hands, embarrassed of her tears. But little did Joy know, I love it when she cries. It's not a side I often see from her, proving I have broken down her walls. I can finally step in and comfort her.

 

My arms enveloped the girl, lifting her off the seat, into my arms. Her face naturally buried into my shoulder, tears dampening my white shirt. Her own arms wrapped around my waist, holding me shamelessly tight against her body.

“Please, don't cry. I'm right here.” I whispered rubbing her back.

 

“I-” She sobbed incoherently into my shirt.

 

“What?” I inquired pulling her slightly away from my body.

 

Making eye-contact, she repeated, “I… I think I love you.”

 

Her words left me breathless.

 

I did the same to her desperately kissed her with all my might. Her lips responded with mine, meeting my insistence. At this moment, I never wanted to see Joy cry again. I wanted to do everything in power to prevent her tears from ever escaping again.

 

This girl deserved to be loved. I wanted to be the person to tell her she is loved. I wanted to be the person to make her feel loved. I wanted to be that person.

 

Our lips wrenched from each other, slowly and almost painfully.

 

“I love you too.”

 

The edges of her swollen lips turned up into a heart pounding smile, “More than cake?”

 

“More than cake.” I assured.