The First Time

LOVE TREATMENT

The First Time

KrystalxAmber (Kryber)

Amber relays her memories from the first time she met of Krystal Jung... The rest is history.

981 Words

 


 

The first time I saw Soojung Jung, she wasn't Soojung Jung. She was Krystal Jung, a famous cosplayer I was searching on Google images. My friend Luna encouraged me to look her up after trying to convince me to go to an Anime Expo thing. She said something about a panel focusing on cosplayers from outside of the U.S and something about Krystal being the most gorgeous of them all.

 

Honestly, I had low expectations, I'm not a fan of conventions, especially anime conventions. Something always weirded me out about them. Maybe it was the people dressing up as silly fictional cartoon characters and talking incorrect Japanese to each other. I expected to see a lolita girl dressed in a school girl outfit peeking up at the camera lens with big googly eyes.

 

Boy, Krystal Jung did not match any of those descriptions.

 

She was beyond my expectation. She didn't even look human, but she didn't look plastic or doll like either. She had some sort of chic and charismatic aura, drawing my eyes from one picture to the next.  No googly eyes, no school uniform, no silliness.

 

The first time I bought a ticket to a convention I placed my head in my hands wondering what my life has become. One minute I was working hard to pay the rent, the next I was working hard to afford an Anime Expo ticket.

 

There was only one person I could talk to without judgment. Someone who supports every decision I've made. The only person who-

 

Luna laughed snatching my ticket from my hand. “I can't believe it.” She said stunned at my actions. “The Amber Liu, hater of all things involving people, bought a ticket to Anime Expo with her own money.”

 

“Please don't laugh. I don't know what came over me.” I replied covering my reddened face.

 

“Cheer up, Amber. I'll be there too!” Luna chimed in her god awful happy voice. Why did I invite her over again. “What's the reason? Are you a low-key weeaboo hiding behind this whole I-play-sports-and-drink-monsters mask?”

 

“I have to meet her. I have to see if she's real.” I exasperated.

 

“Who? Who?”

 

“Krystal Jung.”

 

The first time I watched Krystal Jung she had a long blonde wig on, fake ears, and a pink nightgown. She laughed along with the panel, interacting with fans just like me, and telling the story of how she got introduced to cosplay.

 

“I've loved dressing up since I was kid. I would go into my mom's room and borrow her high heels, frilly dresses, and put on little fashion shows for my family. In high school I started watching anime; shows like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion. The list can go on and on- Oh and Chobits obviously!” She laughed pulling at the ends of her wig. I was memorized.

 

“My mom went to Charm School when she was younger so I grew up with a sewing machine. She taught me how to fix and make my own clothes. We weren’t the richest family but we found a way around that by making our own clothes. I took everything she taught me and put it in my first costume, Bulma from Dragon Ball Z, and I've been making them ever since.”

 

The first time I met Krystal Jung, she gave me a puzzled look and asked why I didn't have a costume on. Wearing a ball cap, a oversized sweater, jeans, and some nikes, I stood out like a sore thumb in a crowd of eccentric garb..

 

I blushed, “I'm not really into dressing up.”

 

“That has to be a lie.” She guffawed signing her autograph on a picture of herself.  They passed them out to fans who forgot to bring their own merchandise for the panel to sign.“Who comes to an anime convention and doesn't dress up?”

 

“Me I guess.” I shrugged.

 

She sighed, “You're no fun.”

 

“I only came to see you.” I confessed, taking not only Krystal back, but myself. What am I thinking I probably sound like some creepy stalker.

 

“Really?” She squeaked, covering it smoothly with a cough. “Thanks.”

 

The first time I asked Krystal Jung out on a date a security guard was carrying me over his shoulder. He swept me off my feet the moment I said the word 'date'. I pounded on his very muscular back begging him to let me go.

 

“Wait!” The Krystal Jung, hollered from behind the table. The security guard halted as if he was a guard for a princess in a kingdom of Otaku's. Needless to say the man dropped me like a bag of potatoes.

 

Krystal swung herself over the table, shuffling over to me. I stood up, dusting myself off.

 

“You almost forgot this.” Krystal smiled passing me her autographed picture. I returned the smile, but it soon faded when opened again.

 

“Now, take her away.”

 

The first time I got excited over a picture was when the picture not only involved the prettiest girl in history's autograph. But her phone number.  I haven't been this excited since my mom told me I was accepted to my first choice of college.

 

Do I call her? Do I text her? What if she doesn't remember me? What if she doesn't reply?

 

My mind haunted me with thoughts of never talking to the girl of my dreams again. I could never face my reflection ever again. I could never attempt to watch an anime ever again.  I could never-

 

“AMBER!” Luna screeched.

 

“Luna, what the hell?”

 

“Just call her! She, obviously, likes you! I don't know why-”

 

“Okay, okay.” I interrupted. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

 

“Amber come on. If you wait any longer she will forget about you.”

 

That was enough motivation for me to dial the number of my future girlfriend for the first time.