Final

Denial

Taemin hated Kibum. Mainly, because Kibum was arrogant and thought he was better than everyone else, but also because he was so damn attractive. Taemin shook his head. Kibum was everything he hated but his looks were beyond this world. Both of them being in the same industry meant lots of meetings, especially during promotions, since Kibum was an MC at one of the music programs. Taemin sighed in his dressing room as he watched the small screen showing what was going on on stage. Kibum and his MC pair had just introduced a new rookie girl group, whose song started playing when the camera moved back to the main stage. Taemin closed his eyes, he could feel himself getting a headache, luckily his turn to perform was soon.

    “Taemin are you ready to go on stage?” his managed yelled, waking him up from his thoughts. He shouted  back a yes and got up, throwing one last look in the mirror before leaving for the stage.

 

Luckily Taemin didn’t cross paths with Kibum during his way to the stage and back. He still had to go back on stage once for the announcement of the winner, which he was nominated for, which meant he had to stand next to Kibum. Most of all, Taemin wanted to go home, but he knew there was no way he could do that. He sighed and sat down in his waiting room and waited for his call to go back on stage, it didn’t take long, since he had been one of the last performers. He tried to put on a convincing smile in front of the cameras and his fans, which he had gotten quite used to.

 

    “Taemin, congratulations on your win this week!” Kibum announced and Taemin accepted the flower bouquet and trophy and bowed to Kibum, he thanked his fans, manager and company, and sang the encore stage. He felt happy for his win, of course, it meant a lot, but he was just so tired. He lost track of time and suddenly he was almost in his minivan, almost on his way home, after a tiring day. He reached for his pocket to pick out his phone and post something online to thank his fans for his win, but there was no phone. He suddenly remembered forgetting it in his waiting room, so there was nothing else to do than go back and get it. He quickly told his manager to wait for him and then he ran off.

 

Taemin decided to take the elevator up to save some time, since it arrived just as he got next to it. Some people stepped out from it and he waited patiently for his turn. He lifted his gaze and was about to step inside when all the people had moved out of his way. Left in the elevator stood one person. Kibum. Taemin sighed, almost turning around, but Kibum’s voice made him freeze.

    “Not getting on? Oh come on Taemin you can’t dislike me that much,” Kibum snickered, and Taemin swallowed hard, before getting on. He couldn’t lose to Kibum like this.

    “What floor?” Kibum asked while the doors closed.

    “Fifth,” Taemin said and leaned against the wall, scanning Kibum’s movements. Kibum was heading to the sixth floor, so he would have to suffer for the whole way up, Taemin thought as the elevator started moving.

 

The elevator reached the second floor, third floor and fourth floor, but right before the fifth floor a loud creak was heard and the elevator stopped. Taemin’s eyes met Kibum’s, which were wide open and a confused expression laid on his face. Taemin stepped forward, moving towards the control panel, but stopped, the lights went out. Taemin knew this meant there was no way of calling for help since the electricity was not working, but he still pushed Kibum aside and pressed the buttons. Nothing. He swore quietly under his breath. He just wanted to go home, was that too much to ask for? He didn’t even have his phone on him.

 

    “Aren’t you going to call for help?” Kibum finally opened his mouth. “I don’t have my phone on me, so you have to do it.”

    “What do you mean you don’t have your phone on you!” Taemin almost yelled, now they were really stuck here.

    “Looks like you don’t have yours either then. Amazing,” Kibum sighed, rolling his eyes, and Taemin wanted to punch him. How could even Kibum’s facial expressions be annoying. Taemin leaned back against the wall, there was nothing else to do than wait. Kibum turned his back to Taemin, and started fixing his hair in the mirror, while eyeing Taemin through the mirror. The lighting was dim and Taemin tried to look away, but time after time his eyes met Kibum’s. There was a smug smile and Kibum’s lips, and Taemin settled with turning his head to the side.

 

    “So, pretty boy, why do you despise me so much?” Kibum broke the silence, which almost startled Taemin. “It’s not like I’m a threat to you, we rarely talk off-camera and I don’t think I’ve done anything mean to you, have I?”

    “Yeah not really…” Taemin mumbled and let his eyes meet Kibum’s. In reality, Kibum had quite pretty eyes. Taemin quickly shook his head to get rid of the thought. Kibum laughed.

    “Tell me why you hate me,” Kibum said, loud and clearly, turning around, putting his hand against the wall next to Taemin’s head, and looking straight into his eyes. Taemin felt himself grow nervous. “Do you perhaps… Like me?”

    “WHAT? NO!” Taemin yelled, but Kibum kept him in place. Taemin felt his cheeks heat up. Yes, Kibum was really good looking, so good looking that it annoyed him.

    “So that’s it,” Kibum giggled, almost so Taemin could say it was cute. That was the last straw, he got too frustrated with the older one.

    “Ok so what if I think you’re ing attractive and all that , it doesn’t change the fact that you’re a complete !” Taemin yelled, and left was an awkward silence.

 

Taemin felt his heart speed up, what was going to happen now? A million thoughts were running through his mind, but before he got answers the lights and the elevator started moving. A small ping was heard, and they had reached the fifth floor. Taemin ducked under Kibum’s arm and slipped out of the elevator, he wanted to disappear, what had just happened? All he could think of was Kibum on his way to his changing room. He entered the room and his phone was on the table, where he had left it. He grabbed it and turned around, finally ready to leave. Not really, Kibum was standing in the doorway, blocking all possible ways out.

 

    “So you’re going to leave without saying goodbye? That’s quite rude in my opinion,” Kibum said, stepping inside the room, closing and locking the door behind him. “Just making sure no one catches us.” He winked, and Taemin felt himself getting dizzy, this was too much.

    “What do you want?” Taemin asked, glaring angrily at Kibum, who didn’t seem to mind. Taemin didn’t realise he had backed up against the wall until his back actually hit it. Kibum was now close, almost as close as in the elevator. Kibum lifted his hand and placed it next to Taemin’s head, just like in the elevator.

    “So where were we?” Kibum hummed, closing up even closer on Taemin. Taemin’s heart sped up again, almost breaking his ribcage, he was sure of it.


The kiss wasn’t a surprise, Taemin had kind of waited for it to happen, even back in the elevator, but that was something he would never admit to himself.

_______________________

A/N: thanks for reading, comments are always appreciated xx