NamStar

Infinite Oneshots

hey hey~  wow... its been a while.. but I FINALLY wrote a Woohyun oneshot! its about time! XDwell, anywho, please let me know what you think of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"YOU ARE NOT FIT TO RAISE THIS CHILD!!!"

"JUST BECAUSE I DON'T DO THINGS YOUR WAY, DOES NOT MAKE ME UNFIT!! I AM HER MOTHER AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO RAISE HER!!"

*sigh* 'here they go again. Why can't my grandma just give up already? I don't want to live with her. I like being with mom. She understands me.. Grandma is just like an evil dictator..' , I thought as I climbed out of my bedroom window and sat on the steps of the fire-escape. I live on the 4th floor of a 5 story apartment building.  I looked up at the sky and admired the bright stars and soft, dark clouds.  I sighed yet again. I could still hear them arguing. I knew that it was going to be a long night.

"If you sigh one more time, the world might end," a very familiar voice said in a soft chuckle. 

I turned to look behind me, and saw Woohyun hanging halfway out of his bedroom window. He lives on the 5th floor.

I gave him a tiny smile and turned my head forward, so I can gaze at the stars once again. "I'm sorry for my relatives. They must be keeping you awake with their unending screaming."

I heard movement from behind me, and knew that he was coming down to sit with me.  He plopped himself right next to me and looked at the stars with me.  Then he sighed.

I gave him a sideways glance, and chucked a bit to myself, despite my current situation. I poked his leg and said, "oh so it's ok for you to sigh, but not me? I see how it is." he smiled and looked at me.

I gave him a worried expression and asked, "are they keeping you awake?"

"yeah," he replied, "but I don't really mind it. It gives me an excuse to come out and be with you like this~"

As he said that, he put his arm over my shoulder and brought me a little closer to him.
I blushed a little, but I rolled my eyes while smiling and said, "Aigoo.. Being greasy at a time like this.. You should be ashamed of yourself Mr. Nam."

He laughed, but kept his arm around me. For a while we just sat like that, looking at the sky and listening to my mom and grandma yell at each other. I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. *why can't they ever ask me what I want to do, or where I'm the happiest?*

"uh oh. You sighed again. I guess thats the end of humanity. Heheh...." he started to joke, " But, Hey, are you gonna be ok? What are you gonna do?", he tilted his head down to get a better view of me.

" I guess I'll be fine. But I don't know what I'm gonna do. All they do is yell and I don't have a chance to say anything.."

"Well, what do you want? What do you want to do?"

I turned my head so I could look at him, and he was still looking at me. The expression he had on his face was a mixture of emotions. I saw sadness and worry.

While I was looking at him, I thought a little but more, even though I already knew what I wanted. When I answered him, I looked down at my lap. " I want to stay with my mom.."

I felt his gaze lingering on me. Then, he gave me a light squeeze, hugging me with the arm he put around me earlier. When he did that, I looked up at him again, slightly blushing.

"I want you to stay with your mom too. That way I can still see you all the time."

Those words made my slight blush go out of control. I had to look down at my lap again.  He lightly pushed his head against mine and said, "You should go in and tell them that you want to stay with your mom. It might put and end to this arguing."

I took a shaky breath and looked at the sky. There were less clouds than there were a few minutes ago. "Will they even listen to me?"

"They will. You just have to make yourself heard. I would go in there with you, but they might not like the idea of me butting into this."  while he was speaking, he started to rub my arm up and down, in a comforting manner. My entire body started to heat up, and I felt like I wanted to cry. That small little gesture had just made me want to break down. So, I buried my face in the side of his neck and hugged him to prevent myself from crying. I felt his other arm snake it's way around my waist, while the arm that's been around me was now petting my head.

I took a deep breath, and mumbled into his neck, "I'm going to end this tonight. I'll go and tell them tonight..."

"Do you want me to wait out here for you?"

".. No.. It's ok. You don't have to.."

He hugged me a little tighter. "Are you sure?"

I nodded against his neck. "yeah. I'm sure." I pulled away from the comforting embrace and said, "I'm gonna go do it right now, before I change my mind." I gave him a forced, crooked smile, and stood up.

He grabbed my hands to stop me. When I turned around to look at him, his face had mixed emotions again. Proud, worried, and hopeful. "Be strong. You WILL be heard tonight."

I nodded tearfully and climbed back into my bedroom window. When I walked out of my bedroom, I saw my mom and grandma still at it. They were both red in the face from anger and lack of air.  I took a deep breath as I walked up to them.

"excuse me..I have something to say. "

They both ignored me and kept yelling. This made me so upset. I knew they wouldn't listen..

* 'Be strong. You WILL be heard tonight' * Woohyun's words rang through my mind, and gave me strength.

"EXCUSE ME!!!"

They both fell silent. I never yelled before, so they were pretty shocked.

"I have something I need to say, so please listen to me and don't speak." I took their silence as 'Go ahead'. "You both keep arguing with each other about where I should go, but shouldn't that be my decision? It's my life, I should be able to decide who I live with."

"ok then, who do you want to live with?" they both said in unison. My grandmother snapped at me, while my mom asked me in a small, desperate voice.

"I want to stay with mom. I love you, granny, but I want to be with mom. That's how it should be, and that's how I want it."

She was silent, but I could see that her blood was boiling. She grabbed her purse and jacket, and walked angrily to the door.

"FINE!! STAY WITH THAT USELESS WOMAN!! YOUR GOING TO BE JUST LIKE HER!!!"

With that, she slammed the door, and left me and my mom standing in silence in the dining room.Then, My mom fell on the floor crying. 

I went and bent down and gave her a tight hug.

"I.. I thought you w-were gonna leave m-me!!" she blubbered as she clung onto me.

"I wouldn't ever leave you," I pulled away and looked into her tear-filled with my own, " and you are not useless. I love you mom."

"I love you too, ~~~~~~"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I went back into my room, and was about to hop into bed, when I jumped in fright. I saw Woohyun sitting in front of my window.

I put my hand over my chest and walked over to the window. "You scared the crap out of me, Woohyun! I though you were going to bed."

He climbed into my room and sat on my bed, Indian style. "Sorry. I couldn't. I was worried about you. So how did it go?"

"They actually listened to me. I had to yell though.. I never yelled before..." I said as I sat down next to him.

"Haha! Yeah, I heard that," he laughed, "I was pretty shocked. So after I heard your grandma yelled at you, I came to your window and waited. I heard your mom crying too. She must feel relieved and happy."

He leaned back and looked at me with soft eyes. "Me too. I'm happy and relived."

I felt my eyes starting to water. I was so happy. But at the same time, I felt devastated. My grandma left on bad terms. I still loved the woman, she was just so difficult.

Out of no where, he hugged me. He buried my face into his chest, kissed the top of my head, and let me go. Then he got up and climbed out of my window. 

I put my hand on the spot he kissed, and watched his every movement. He turned around to look at me through the window. "don't worry too much about your grandma. I'm sure she can't stay mad at you forever. Whelp, goodnight~"

With a wink, and a tiny little heart,(like the one in the picture), he went back to his own room.  I sat there, blushing like an idiot, with a stupid smile on my face.

"Goodnight, Woohyun," I whispered, "... And thanks for everything."