Busted

Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Warning for language, disregard for the actual timeline and the obvious risk of people being out of character. Spelling and grammatical errors as well since I didn't have the time to proofread this. Also, some minor SungJoy!

--

 

A Spotify playlist of Taehyung's new favourite tracks, a solid mix of dance rock and EDM, blasted from his phone as he brushed his teeth while banging his head to the music, carelessly spraying toothpaste everywhere. His hyungs would get mad at him once they see his mess for sure, but Taehyung was in high spirits as they finally had a free day to themselves.

The first thing he did was sleep in until 10 AM, and woke up to find half the group still asleep. Stepping out to the dining area, he saw Seokjin and Hoseok sitting at the table, both with their own cups of coffee and their attention on their cellphones. Hoseok was immersed in watching dance videos on Youtube while the other lazily scrolled through his secret social media account. There were plates of white rice, bacon and eggs spread on the table.

Jin looked up from his phone and smiled at the him. "Mornin, Taehyung. Come eat," he said, motioning for the younger boy to come closer. "You gotta microwave your food, though. And there's some bean sprout soup on top of the stove."

After a hearty breakfast, Taehyung hopped into the bathroom for a quick shower. He and his friend Sungjae had made plans to meet up since his free day matched with Sungjae's break hours from activities. It's been years since he was last able to go out and meet a friend freely and Taehyung was looking forward to a few hours of catching up and playing FIFA 16 on the Playstation with his friend. It was a miracle he was even allowed to do so. He checked the time after brushing his teeth to see that he was nearly running late, having spent more time in the bathroom than he'd realised. He can be so careless sometimes and mentally scolded himself as he rushed to the lobby of their building, where their manager was waiting.

On his way down in the elevator, his phone rang. It was Sungjae. "Bro, what's up?"

'Hey, man,' Sungjae said from the other end. 'Uh...I just wanna let you know that my wife's coming over today.'

Taehyung frowned. Wife? The hell is he talking about? He then remembered that the BTOB member was appearing in We Got Married, with Red Velvet's Joy as his partner. Taehyungs's frown deepened even more. "So..." he said with disappointment dripping from his voice. "We're not pushing through today?"

'Huh? No! We can still hang!'

"But you said—"

'Dude, it's cool. We just need to discuss stuff for the show for a sec. And you're probably already on the way, right?'

"Uh...yeah," Taehyung said. He closed his eyes in frustration because he wasn't sure what to do. He really was looking forward to seeing Sungjae and he'd totally be bummed out if he had to force himself out of bed for nothing, but at the same time he felt awkward just knowing that he'd be third-wheeling on Sungjae and Joy. He sighed. 

The elevator door opened and the first thing he saw was his manager tapping his foot impatiently with his attention on his phone. 

"Bro, I gotta hang up. I'll text you," he said and ended the call as he stepped out of the elevator. His manager looked up at the sound of his voice and quickly pulled Taehyung towards the door. "Come on, come on. The boss needs me to check on something back in the office," he said as he opened the door to the van. "Took you long enough to get here. Gotta hurry and drop you off. Just let me know what time you need to be picked up."

"Um okay." Taehyung whipped his phone out and sent Sungjae a message that he was on his way. That settles it, then. Time to be a third wheel.

 

 

Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in front of BTOB's dorm and hesitated before ringing the doorbell. Did he get there first or was Joy already inside? And he wondered, which would be more awkward? The girl arriving while he was already inside or him entering the dorm to see her sitting on the couch, probably annoyed that he was taking her virtual husband's attention away from her? Or, worst of all, what if while he was stalling outside the door, she arrived right behind him?

no.

Taehyung quickly pressed the buzzer, deciding that either of the first two was the lesser evil compared to being alone with the girl while waiting for Sungjae to let them in.

As good looking and naturally extroverted as he was, Taehyung never really got the hang of dealing with females. Namjoon was a hundred percent correct when he said he thought the group's resident alien would probably be the worst at it. He may have a reputation of being a social butterfly in the industry, but most of his work friends are other guys and all the girls he's met he keeps at arm's length. It was easier to interact with girls when filming because most of it is scripted anyway.

The door creaked open and, lo and behold, it was Joy. Taehyung cursed his luck but forced a smile. "Hi, Joy-ssi! Nice to meet you," he said good-naturedly.

Joy smiled back at him and gestured for him to enter. "Hello, V-sunbaenim! Please come in! Sorry, Sungjae-oppa just had to go to the bathroom."

He nodded and followed her to the living room feeling all sorts of awkward. Truth be told, Joy was totally his type. She was good looking, tall, had beautiful long hair, a pretty smile and lots of aegyo. But for some reason, it was somebody else from Red Velvet that caught his attention and he couldn't even get himself to check her out. If anything, seeing Joy just made him think of Irene.

"Hey, Joy-ssi, I'll just grab a drink," he said as he excused himself from the living room. He had no trouble navigating himself around the place as he'd been there quite a few times already. Besides, he needed to gather his thoughts as he did not expect to have the girl open the door for him. He sauntered straight to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water. He had a habit of drinking water every time he got nervous.

"Yo," he heard Sungjae call out from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter