Being Sent Far Away

Of Cute Neighbors and Flower Boys

 

 

I, Jeon Jungkook, am being sent to a faraway place.

 

 

 

"It will go well Jungkook! I know you'll do fine in Seoul my little brother!" Hongbin gave Jungkook a harsh slap on the back, making the younger boy stumble forward. Before he could regain his composure, his 6 year old little sister, Hana, attacked him next, planting wet kisses all over his face.

 

"I'll miss you! Make sure you visit, okay?" Hana planted a last kiss on his nose. Jungkook cringed and made a disgusted face, making Hana chuckle at his response. "No need to be embarrassed, Kookie."

 

Jungkook groaned at the embarrassing nickname they always called him, "Kookie". He had no idea who started it but he was assuming it was probably his oldest sister, Jina, who adored him the most in the family. She was only 5 years older than him yet she treated him like a toddler who could barely talk. Jungkook assumed Jina didn't really adore him like she claimed she did and the reasons behind her affection was just probably to embarrass him for fun.

 

Like how his whole family just love to embarrass him.

 

 

Thank god she wasn't here today.

 

 

"I love you so much," Mrs. Jeon was the next one to attack him with kisses and hugs. "Study hard and make mommy proud okay?" she cooed and squished his cheeks.

 

Jungkook groaned inwardly as everyonehis mother, his brother, and his sister pulled him into a group hug. It was the last hug he will ever receive from them, and yet, he wasn't sad at all.

 

If anything, he was annoyed.

 

Who the hell sends their child to a faraway city he have never even visited once? What happens if he gets lost or kidnapped on the street? He knew Seoul was a huge place and there was no doubt he was going to find himself in trouble.

 

Why couldn't they just let him attend some kind of university in Busan? Why attend a university all the way in Seoul? How the hell was he supposed to know where to live. Do they expect him to find himself an apartment to live in or should he dorm? He had so many questions he wanted to ask but he was only told he would be leaving for Seoul last night.

 

The only thing that was prepared were all his belongings and clothes that his family helped him pack up last night. 

 

He wasn't mentally prepared for this.

 

"Oh yeah, that's right," Mrs. Jeon released Jungkook from the hug, making Hongbin and Hana to release him as well. Jungkook let out a sigh of relief as he can finally breathe. "You're going to live with Yoongi. He's expecting you today," Mrs. Jeon informed.

 

Jungkook cocked his head to the side.

 

Huh?

 

Who the hell was—oh.

 

Yoongi.

 

Min Yoongi.

 

 

The guy that used to live next door but moved away last summer to attend a university in Seoul.

 

That guy actually made it to Yonsei University?

 

What a shocker.

 

He was that one guy that sleeps in all his classes but still pass all his classes with an A. He always claimed he hated college and wouldn't even think about attending one but apparently changed his mind when his mother finally agreed to let him pursue a career in music, the only thing that his heart beats for.

 

When his family first moved next door, Jungkook thought that he wouldn't have anything to do with that boy. 

 

There were times their family invited each other over for dinner and the atmosphere was so intense—at least to him anyway. He always felt the older boy was glaring at him and he sort of got the idea that he wasn't really liked even though he didn't know why.

 

It was an assumption but he was 99.9% sure he was right.

 

Unfortunately, their parents instantly clicked and his mom and Yoongi's mom were the new bffs on the block. As a result, they were sort of forced to get to know each other as well. Not that they did anyway because as soon as he thought the older boy was opening up to him, he moved away in the summer.

 

And now, thanks to connections, the two of them will meet again.

 

 

As flatmates.

 

 

He suspected his mother has got something to do with this because he can practically see the sparkles in her eyes as she mentioned Yoongi's name. But then again, his mother was always the one to blame.

 

 

He blamed her for everything that goes wrong in his life.

 

 

After exchanging a few more hugs and goodbyes, a van pulled up on the driveway. The person who was behind the wheels was no other than Uncle Kim, the person who will be driving Jungkook all the way to Seoul today.

 

 

At least his mother was nice enough to have someone drive him up to Seoul. The poor boy can't take a train to save his life. He didn't know where to depart or when his stop is and he didn't know what stop to get off. It was all too confusing and he'll probably end up in Daegu by mistake if he wasn't careful.

 

"Ready, Kookie?" Uncle Kim asked as he ruffled Jungkook's hair.

 

Jungkook groaned inwardly. There goes that nickname again.

 

After helping him put the boxes in the trunk and the backseat, Jungkook was once again pulled into a tight hug by his family.

 

 

"Take care lil bro!"

 

"Make lots of friends!"

 

"Tell Yoongi he should visit soon!"

 

 

And those were the final words he heard from each of them as he entered the van and was ready to be taken to Seoul.

 

 

- - - - - 

 

 

"Wow, that girl is hot," Taehyung commented, his eyes never leaving the waitress wearing a very short miniskirt and a white blouse, showing her lean figure.

 

Jimin placed his drink down before scoffing at the younger boy. "Don't pretend you're straight."

 

Taehyung dramatically gasped and placed his hands over his chest. "Oh my! Jimin! You knew?!"

 

Jimin rolled his eyes before slapping the younger's boy arm in hope of slapping the stupidity out of  him. "Yes, yes. The entire campus knows that you're into guys. Even the professors know."

 

"Wait what?!" Taehyung exclaimed, jumping out of his seat, actually shocked this time. This garnered everyone's attention who was now giving the two boys curious looks.

 

Jimin mentally facepalmed himself.

 

"Let's discuss this outside," Jimin took one last sip on his drink before dragging Taehyung outside with him before he could embarrass the two of them any more.

 

Once outside, Taehyung immediately started whining and complaining about the heat. It was nearly 90 degrees outside although summer was nearly ending.

 

"We should have just stayed at the coffee shop. It's so hot out here," Taehyung pouted as he began to fan himself with Jimin's hand. The older one between the two of them simply rolled his eyes for the second time that evening.

 

"Let's just go back to our apartment. At least we have the AC and we can blast it all day," Jimin said as he lead the two of them back to their apartment.

 

"Talking about apartment, is some guy moving in next door? I heard a whole bunch of door slamming and shuffling this morning. I got so annoyed I screamed through the wall to tell him to quiet down and unexpectedly, I got a reply back," Taehyung began to recall the incident this morning that left him all grumpy.

 

Jimin raised his eyebrows. "What did he say?"

 

 

"He told me to shut the up before he comes over and cut my balls off," Taehyung answered.

 

 

Oh.

 

 

- - - - - 

 

Jungkook didn't know why his uncle just couldn't make his life more simpler by actually taking him in and meeting Yoongi and explain his situation. He could have at least down that for him but no, he took off as soon as he placed all of Jungkook's belongings in front of door and let Jungkook take care of everything by himself.

 

Not only was Jungkook antisocial, he was awkward as hell. 

 

He could even make a social butterfly awkward with just his presence.

 

It was that horrible.

 

Jungkook didn't know how long he have been standing outside the door, just waiting. He didn't kow if it was whether he was too afraid to meet Yoongi after almost a year or it was going to be awkward. Or was it because he was scared of Yoongi's reaction upon seeing him?

 

He didn't know. 

 

But what he did know was that he didn't want to knock on the door.

 

After chanting some kind of weird and strange prayer in his head, Jungkook curled his fist into a ball before slowly raising it. His hand landed softly on the door.

 

 

Knock knock.

 

 

As soon as he knocked on the door, Jungkook immediately retreated, tripping on his backpack that was placed right behind his foot in the process. Just as he closed his eyes and expected to impact with the cold, hard, floor, a hand was wrapped around his waist and Jungkook find himself behind pulled into an embrace.

 

Jungkook peeked an eye open to see that his face was only inches apart from the face of the stranger that caught him before he could fall.

 

 

And surprisingly, the guy was pretty...handsome?

 

 

"Hey, cutie. I don't think we've met before. I wouldn't forget a pretty face like that," the stranger said as he leaned in closer.

 

 

Jungkook gulped as shivers ran down his spine.

 

 

What. The. Hell.

 

 

 

- - - - -

 

Sorry it took so long for me to update the first chapter! Thank you so so much for commenting and subscribing! I can't believe I reached 42 subscribers, 1 upvote, and 4 comments before the first chapter was even uploaded! This is just an intro chapter and I promise the next few chapters will be focused on establishing the ships :^) I think a lot of you might prefer fluffy Yoongi and I can guarantee he will turn into one if you stick around hehe~ I'm trying to give all the characters different personalities and characteristics so I'm sorry if this isn't even close to their character in real life! We're all know they're very nice and adorable guys in real life (: Let me know in the comments what you think! I will upvote all the comments I get ^^