Chapter 2

“If Your Heart Wishes To Take One Step Back, Mine Will Take One Step Forward”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hanbin-ah. I thought we’ve talked about this already? I’ve supported you in that dream of yours because I know that it is what makes your happy. But I won’t let you ruin your dream just for your dad and your sister that left us. Please – just forget about them. They’re probably living somewhere else, happy with another woman. They’ll never care about us anymore.” Hanbin rolled her eyes at every word his mom would utter at the other line on the phone.

“Mom, you know I’ve always wanted to be a star. Someone really famous, someone everyone in the whole wide world knows. Because I know that’s the easiest way I could do so that I’d find my sister. Everything I’m doing right now is for her.” He rested his back against the chair, eyeing his reflection in the mirror in front of him while a woman started doing his hair. His gaze travelled down to Chanwoo’s reflection in the mirror who’s sitting beside him, getting some works as well.

“Anyways mom, gotta go. We’ll be performing soon. I’ll call you as soon as I can. Bye, I love you” he pressed the button on his phone, dropping it onto his lap before running his palm over his face with an exasperated sigh, only to be cut off by a hit and a stinging pain on the back of his hand. “Ow!”

“How many times do I have to tell you not to ruin your make up?! Aish, Hanbin.” One of their coodi noonas scolded earning a small pout from the latter and a small, low mumble of “sorry”

Truthfully, it wasn’t their turn yet, and there are probably a lot more of groups before their turn. It’s just that- every word his mom would utter would directly hit him in the chest. He didn’t want to think his sister and father doesn’t care about him anymore. Nor for his mom. He’d always hope that there’s still a chance their family could reconcile and be happy again.

He tried asking his mom what really happened on that night. Where everything shattered into pieces and their happy life seemed to be ruined forever. The only answer he’d get is that- his mom caught his father having an affair with another woman. Probably on the same company their father worked at. That was the only thing his mom would always say. He doesn't understand even why his mother wouldn’t want him to meet his sister and father again. He wanted to ask a lot of questions. He wanted to clear up lots of misunderstandings and of course, he wanted to get his sister away from his dad.

“Hanbin, someone’s looking for you” Mr. Sung poked his head inside their room, eliciting out a groan past the woman working on Hanbin’s hair. “Again? I’m not even done with him” “It’s important”

He pursed his lips pushing his self, off of the chair he was sitting at. Mr. Sung is their manager and someone who became Hanbin’s 2nd dad, away from home, of course.

“Who is it?” he asked eyeing the man in front of him as he shoved his hands on both of his pockets. But instead of answering the guy lead him to the back exit of the building. There were two vans parked at the garage which Hanbin assumed his “guests”.

 

“No seriously, hyung who is it?” the other van was theirs. He knows because there’s a big iKon sticker on the side and they have their faces on it. But the other van was pure black and the windows were tinted dark black. “Did you ask them to kidnap me and salvage me?” he joked even though fright was evident in his voice.

“I promise, you’ll like it trust Me.” Their manager announced, opening the sliding door of the black van before pushing Hanbin inside. There he met one familiar guy and another 2 more unfamiliar guys that had very buff type of body structure.

“Sajangnim!” Hanbin hollered, bowing his head politely before sitting down onto one of the empty seats inside the van. He settled himself back down, feeling a little relief knowing that there’s a person he could trust inside. At least if these guys were gonna kill him, he knows someone could help him. Right?

“Hanbin, these are the two invest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter