Three Years After

The Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'It's sunset again," the girl mused to herself.

The sunset was still as beautiful. The indigo blue and orange tint was mixing up in the sky. The sun as bright as it used to. Although this time, the girl sitting on the hill was different. She had changed.

She was no longer the girl in a well worn shirt and tattered shorts nor the girl who waited tables at the diner next to the hotel in that far off island in the Philippines. She was in designer clothes now. The one that gets emptied off the shelves the moment she'd be seen wearing them. 

The girl has changed. She no longer has the same aura she used to have. The innocent, naive, bubbly girl of three years ago. She was still as bubbly and as happy as before. Her spirit unchanging. But she had a new found confidence about her now. Her eyes were now mature and experienced having seen the world in a different light.

The girl has changed. She was no longer Sandy from the Philippines. No. She was now Dara of KeyEast. An artist so huge, her photo could be seen everywhere. She could hardly get out of the house without her manager in fear of getting mobbed by fans. Her drama showing overseas that she enjoys international recognition as well.

It had been three years. A lot has happened. Dara tucked her hair behind her ears and sighed. It had been three years since she left the island. Her mother had not been happy about her decision. She thought her to be too young and naive to be left on her own.

She was adamant at going that she left in the middle of the night against her mother's wishes. It took sometime before her mother had talked to her again, refusing to accept any of her calls.

It had been difficult like her mother had warned. She waited tables and signed up for odd jobs when she was in Korea. There were nights she'd cry herself to sleep wishing she never left. Missing her family back in the island home she had ever known.

She had no one in Seoul for 2 years. Her aunt having decided to leave for the country side six months after she moved in with them.

She had no one but Gdragon.

His posters that is. She had nothing but his music and his standee she had stolen from the grocery next to her old bugged down apartment. 

When she thought of giving up, her thoughts swirl back to that sunset on this very hill. Their conversation about their dreams and where they want to be motivated her with his beautiful smile and sad eyes. 

Thanks to him and his music. She was able to smile through it all. Be as happy as she had always been. Always remembering how amazed he was at how happy Sandy could be despite her troubles.

She had wanted to see him again so badly but concert prices were too costly for her. Fan meets were too exhausting for a girl who works two shifts in a day. She decided that Cds were better options. She may never see him but at least she could hear him anytime she wasn't. Anytime she was sad and homesick knowing how it would be often.

A year into her stay in Seoul, a talent scout found her waiting tables at the restaurant she was working in. She was asked to audition for a talent agency.

 "It shouldn't be that easy,"she thought. But found herself in front of the agency still. She tried her luck and it paved the way to where she was now.

Her catapult to fame was very fast. She had always been blessed but to be an international star with a drama so famous all over the globe in a span of 2 years was unbelievable especially in an industry that was very competitive. She sometimes felt as if it was unreal.

She found herself an endorser for global brands. Cf commercials offered to her left and right. Designers vying to be the next line she would be modeling for. Magazines cramming to be the next she would grace the cover of. It was too much that she sometimes find herself pinching herself in case she was but dreaming. Only to jump for glee every time her pinches hurt. Her manager thought her odd and all she could do was give him a disarming smile.

She had her family relocate back to Korea. Sang Hyuk and Durami are now in college. Her mother happy with the home she had bought for them. 

If there was anything Dara wants in life now, it would be to thank him. He, who in his way had helped her become the success that she was now. He who had in his little way helped her. This time though, it wasn't just his music.

"Komaho."

She glanced at the area a few inches away from her. For a minute, she thought she found him sitting there like he did years back. With his face glowing warmly against the sunlight. His lips curved to a toothless smile that didn't quite reached his eyes. 

She found her arm reaching out to him. Only for the mirage to disappear when she blinked her eyes, her arm fell limply on her side.

She pursed her lips and hugged her knees, feeling cold against the sea breeze.

She may be happy where she was now. She may enjoy the prestige, the fame and the money that comes with her success. But she felt a tinge of emptiness.

A tinge of emptiness she cannot hide from the people who had known and loved her for so long.

"Sometimes, I look at you and wish that we were back in the Philippines", said her mother once. "At least then, I knew you were truly happy."

"What do you mean?" She asked puzzled.

"Your eyes are sad sometimes." Her mother's tone worried.

She remembered shaking her head and teasing her mother then. She said she was just tired.

Tired.

She had reached her dreams of giving her family a better future and of being able to pursue her dreams of becoming an artist. She was now successful in her own right. She may nit be as rich as him yet but she was not the close to destitute diner girl either. But her biggest dream prove to be elusive and it was tiring.

GDragon.

What she would give to have him sit next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter