Part 2

Won't you stay?

It was Friday.

I’d been at the school a week and somehow managed to stay out of trouble and avoid Jimin since Monday.

*Flashback*

“Come and meet my friends. Something something nice something”

Did he say they’re really nice or really not nice? I hate this language.

We headed toward a bench seat on the grass that sat 3 boys, with one other boy on the ground. I quickly tugged my hand away from Jimin’s grasp as we approached them.

I watched curiously as the boys laughed loudly and played around. The boy on the ground (who he would later find out is named Jungkook) was giggling and kicking the legs of one of the boys sitting on the seat while said boy playfully shouted at him to stop. I almost smiled at the sight. Almost.

I’d never been with such a group of friends before, friends that played together and looked out for each other. I’d never seen someone who would be so nice as to smile and introduce the new kid to his friends. I’d only seen ‘friends’ that would deceive and humiliate the weird kid –that would be me- in front of the whole school for their own enjoyment.

Suddenly I felt a pain in my heart.

“Taehyung? Can you hear me?” There was a slightly concerned expression on the other’s face that quickly turned cheerful again as I responded with a nod.

Something something my friends… someone someone someone”

Why is he talking so fast?

I took another glance at the boys that now had their attention turned to me. I swallowed. Should I really take this risk and accept their friendship? What if they’re like the others? What if they’re just pretending?

“I’m sorry, I have to go now. Bye.” I said surprisingly smoothly. I told myself I wouldn’t get involved with anyone here. That was the safer option.

*End Flashback*

 

Well, I’d managed to avoid Jimin until I was spotted by the boy from across the cafeteria on Friday. .

“Taehyung!” He called cheerfully. The type of cheerful tone that should have been obnoxiously annoying and driven him away. But for some reason it didn’t.

I should have kept my head down and pretend I didn’t hear, but I found myself doing the opposite as my eyes scanned around the room to find the smile that belonged to that voice. Of course he was smiling. The few times that I’d seen Jimin around school this week, he was always smiling. Doesn’t it hurt to smile so much? It hurts my heart that’s for sure. What the am I saying?

I watched as he made his way over to me. . Why couldn’t I just get up and walk away?

 Did he always have red hair? I didn’t notice. It looks damn... nice on him. Nice? Since when did I start using words like that to describe someone’s appearance?

I tried to gather my thoughts as he approached me, standing right in front of me with that smile.

Although I didn’t like socialising, I never had any trouble talking to anyone. I could coolly keep a conversation flowing without much effort. Even with the language barrier here, it’s not that hard to keep my responses short and cold to let people know that I do not wish to communicate any further.

If I am so good at talking to people, then why couldn’t I talk to Jimin ? I understood his question. He asked if he can sit here. C’mon Taehyung, a simple yes would be fine. Yes? Did I want him to sit with me? Of course not. I like being lonely and sitting by myself eating lunch at school in a foreign country.

“Taehyung-ah? Something something something?” (“Are you staring at me?”)

“Uhhh yes, sit down, Jimin. Hi.” why did I just agree for him to sit down?

He sat down opposite me, with a smirk on his face. Why was he smirking? Stop doing that dammit. I felt heat rush to my cheeks and I quickly put my head down and continued eating.

Jimin spoke again “Something something cute” (“You’re cute, you know?”)

 I almost choked. Did he just use the word cute in a sentence? Why would he say cute? Did I mishear? Was he calling me cute? No way. He’s the cute one. What the ? He’s not cute. What am I thinking?

And being the perfectly normal teenager I am, I got up and ran away.

I would have loved if the day had just ended there but no, Jimin decided to follow me down the corridor and to my locker. Great, now he knew where my locker was too.

“What’s wrong with you?” It was the first time I’d heard Jimin speak in a serious tone.

I turned to him, desperately trying to not look into his deep brown eyes.

“I’m trying to something something. Why are you running away?”

I looked into his eyes. They were warm and friendly and welcoming. Nothing like I’d ever seen before. I felt like I could trust him.

 But I knew it would only end up like it does every other time.

So again, I ran away.

-----

Just like I’d predicted, it wasn’t long before people found out that I’m a freak. It was revealed in geography class when I misunderstood a question, and then proceeded to pronounce the country name wrong, causing the entire class to laugh at me. They’d found out that Korean wasn’t my first language.

After that I had fallen into my old routine, coming late to class, refusing to talk to anyone, being bullied, and wishing I actually had a friend I could talk to, who would comfort me and stand up for me.

Well, I’d had a chance for friendship, and I turned it away. Jimin remained persistent for a few weeks, but now, as much as I hated to admit it, I missed the attention.

It was when Park Chanyeol and his friends called me a gay alien in math class one day and tripped me that I finally cracked. But before I could react, I’d been pushed to the ground again and popular kid, Min Yoongi, the one who pulled off mint green hair and leather jackets, punched Chanyeol, hard. He started yelling at the taller, in which I could only understand the curse words, before grabbing my wrist and storming out of the room.

I was beyond shocked. Did Yoongi care for me? Or was he just looking for a fight?

I thanked him and he walked off, leaving me in front of the classroom door, without saying a word.

 

Yoongi and I were both suspended for a week. I didn’t care. But what I did care about was that we were both being moved classes, meaning there would be new teachers and new students in every class I took. I really didn’t want to have to go through the same again with different people.

But it was when I walked into my first class on Monday morning that I’d changed my mind about skipping class. There, sitting at the back of the class talking to Min Yoongi, was that cute red headed boy with a smile as bright as the sun – Park Jimin.

-------------------------

Sorry for the bad grammar ><

Comments are appreciated ^^

Should I do the next chapter in Jimin's perspective maybe? hehe let me know what you think!