final

Flutter

To say it was an unusual encounter wasn’t the half of it. When those five handsome guys walked in, air rushed out of her body. She believed that she would never have the opportunity to meet them, to see these five men, and yet, here in this shop, in this place, she did. Whatever odds, or fate was with her that day seemed to shine down on her. They happened to step into line right behind her. The blonde haired male that she had a crush on for the longest stood behind her. Her heart thumped in her chest, and she prayed to every God and deity out there that she would make a fool of herself.

“What is good here?” she heard being asked behind her.

She wasn’t sure they were talking to her. Her friends turned around to see who had spoken, and stopped in their tracks, they looked between the five guys and her. She could see the shock and surprise and then the smirks appearing on their faces. She felt something tap her shoulder, her heart jumped in . She turned back around slowly, and saw that her crush was looking at her, her knees almost gave out on her.

“Miss, do you know what is good here?” he asked her

She opened to say something, anything… anything at all.

“I….”

He looked at her questioningly,

She cleared , and tried again, her voice coming out small and meager

“I don’t know,” she said, trying not to look into his handsome eyes “I’ve never been here before”

“Ahhh” he smiled at her, “then I guess we shall both find out”

She nodded quickly before turning around and clutching her heart. His smile was just too bright, she didn’t know what she was going to do. The long line seemed to be going at a snail’s pace, she wanted it to hurry up, and yet at the same time take an eternity.

“You know who we are” she heard a new voice behind her, the nasal tone was something she could recognize anywhere.

She turned around, her friend’s ever watchful gaze on her, and met the eyes of the feline guy. She nodded slowly, turning her eyes down in apology

“Yes, I know who you are” she confirmed “but please feel at ease, I won’t bother you”

She moved to turn around, but felt a hand on her arm, the cold rings almost seemed to burn. Laughter erupted behind her,

“Oh, it’s okay” said Key, the feline male

“You’re not bothering us” said Jonghyun, the blond male she had a crush on.

The five of her friends and the rest of SHINee then seemed to become one big party, talking and laughing. She became more at ease talking to Jonghyun, but her heart still fluttered at the sight of him. While the line continued to move, they continued to talk.

Suddenly she heard some people in front of her talking about SHINee and how they just loved them to death. A pang went through her. She wanted them to have a good time and not be crowded by fans, not to feel burdened and to be relaxed, like they had been while talking and having a good time. Jonghyun moved away from their little group and went to stand next to the girls who were talking. They seemed to be admiring a mural on one of the walls of the place, one that had several kpop artist portrayed on it, SHINee being one of them, dressed in their ‘Everybody’ era costumes in the middle of a dance. The girls were admiring the picture, and one even turned back to Jonghyun, and the rest of SHINee and told them that the guys that were on the mural were amazing and if they had a chance they needed to check them out. It was almost comical, to see SHINee react to these girls, who had just professed to liking them, turn and talk to them without even recognizing them. Jonghyun, thought it was the funniest. He laughed and told the girls that they were right, and that SHINee was really amazing. He then made the same pose as his mural self and told the girls that people even say he looks like himself. It was only then that they realized that it was SHINee’s Jonghyun who was standing next to them.

 After several pictures and autographs, she felt the weight of his arm come to rest on her shoulder, his laughter coming out in pants now, as he clutched his side, still finding the situation funny. It seemed as though everything else had become background noise, as she stared at this wonderful man. It seemed odd to her, that even after seeing other fans, ones that were more outgoing, more fun to be around than her timid, self-conscious self, that he had come back to her side; that he still wanted to talk to her. She felt a smile come to her lips and her heart lift a little; he had come back to her.

They kept approaching the front of the line, now coming within feet of the entrance. She was becoming bolder in her interaction with Jonghyun, flirtier, more open, and it seemed, or at least to her, that he was doing to same back. But their interaction once again came to halt as something, or someone caught his eye. Another group was ahead of them in line. The rest of SHINee said hello and waved, but Jonghyun rushed forward to greet them, she could feel and even hear some people behind her getting upset at this action, either not caring or not knowing the status of the man who just ‘cut’ the line. She could see that he did not want to come back this time, a sudden whininess coming over him as the entrance to this new place was mere inches in front of him. Before s could move, she felt her feet taking her to him, felt the smile on her face, and the laughing from her chest as she wrapped her arms around the now childish man and almost dragged him back to their little group, telling the band to save them seats and they would join them once inside.

Jonghyun whined the entire time back to their little entourage. During his antics, his shirt rode up and suddenly her hand made contact with the soft, yet firm skin of his side and back. Her world stopped in that moment. She was actually touching him, not him touching her, not her flirty brush of a hand over his clothed arm, but him, his actual body. A body that she had seen several time in the screen of her computer, but never touched. He was warm, she felt his body heat come through her hand, felt the way his body moved as he whined and twisted in her arms, and then it was gone. He stood away from her, a pout on his face, he was not happy that he had to continue to wait and was dragged back. Her heart clutched at the thought that she had made him upset.

“I’m sorry” she told him “I didn’t want the people behind us to get upset”

Her built up courage, her flirty behavior, everything that happened while they were in line seemed to be wiped away in that instant, and she could feel herself drawing back in on herself. She looked back up at him, and could see that he noticed a change in her, but he still had a pout on his face, though she didn’t realize at the time, that this one was because he noticed her change, not because of his playful manner. She took a chance, and opened her arms, not real sure of what she was doing, or why. Her head turned to the side and her eyes turned down she waited. And then she felt it, the warmth of his body wrapping around hers, literally wrapping around her. She had to brace herself, as she grasped his thighs, his legs wrapping around her waist. It was awkward and weird, and yet she found it the cutest thing ever. She walked a few steps, her smile buried in his shoulder, SHINee and her friends laughing at their behavior, the girls in front of them jealous with envy. None of that mattered. She had her crush, her bias in her arms, quite literally.

Once he got down, the smiles, the laughter, and the flirting resumed.

She had taken out a mini album, one that had pictures of herself as a child, and even some photo cards of him, though she tried her hardest not to let him see those, but they both knew that he had. He was showing her pictures off his phone of his mother and sister, and of Roo. She enjoyed this, she was happy, her whole body seemed to be lighter than feather. She had just showed him a picture of her when she was baby, when suddenly he changed, he looked at her and asked

“Can I have your SNS info?”

It was such a sudden question that she was taken back

“You know, so that we can keep talking” he quickly added.

It was a weird question to ask, they already were talking. Did he think something was going to stop them?

She didn’t know how to respond. Why did he want to continue talking to her, she wondered. She wasn’t the prettiest girl, there were others in line that were prettier. She wasn’t the skinniest, in fact she had some weight on her that she didn’t like. All the thoughts of her insecurities ran through her head, but one look at him. A look that said he didn’t care, something had made his heart flutter, something about her.

The look on his face changed to desperation, almost as if time was running out, his phone in his hand, his fingers poised at the ready. She reached for her phone, and went to open the app and looked back to him to tell him her SNS…

.

.

.

.

And then she woke up, phone in hand from the night before, an image stuck in her mind of that look, of that question, of that dream… it seemed so real… he had felt so real… but here she was, in bed, thousands of miles away from Jonghyun. So why did she feel as though the most amazing thing had happened? Why did she feel as though something had happened? As though something had changed?

The flutter in her heart that she had felt when she first saw him was still there, the flutter that he had caused.

Maybe… just maybe, the flutter she had caused his heart was there as well. 

 

 

 

A/N: So this was my dream, and it felt so real. I'm not kidding you. It felt his body heat in my fingers, my hand still feels weird... my heart has been in flutter mode all day, and when I think of him I can't help but smile. Have any of you had a dream like this before?

None of the gif are mine~ credit to makers