Chapter 2

Something

It is too late.

Turned out that girl was his fiance and they were going to do some shopping for their wedding that day I saw them.I still remember that moment.The moment I received the invitation to his wedding.

 

I was hanging out with my bestfriend since highschool and suddenly, she handed out a card to me.

"Today's not my birthday." I said thinking that the card was a birthday card.She rolled her eyes almost immediately.

"Ssul,why don't you take it first?And read." She said shoving it into my hands.I picked up the card and read what was written on the card.It took me a moment since I was admiring his name on the card.How beautiful his name is, I couldn't even focus on the card.Then,I read another name on the card and realization hit me hard in the head.

"So,It's this week?Are you going?"I asked Soojung while keeping a calm expression.

"Of course.And he asked me to pass the invitation to you because he didn't know how to contact you.He wants you to come." She replied.Her eyes never left her phone.

"We've met though." I mumbled under my breath and earned a confused look from Soojung.I just ignored her and continued eating my chocolate cake.And the cake tasted so delicious.It had never been that delicious.

 

I felt like not going but he was expecting me to be there.So, I had no other choice.I wore my best dress,still couldn't throw away the habit of dressing my best before meeting him.I drove there and once I arrived, I was greeted by my old friends.That wedding became an unofficial reunion for us.The truth was,I din't even feel like smiling but sometimes, things doesn't go our way.So, I forced a smile and no one noticed that I was breaking inside.

We all went to where Taemin was waiting in a special room.He was handsomely dressed in a black tuxedo and I couldn't help but to smile after seeing his million dollar smile.All of my friends congratulated him, except for me.I had never talked to him before and it would be awkward if I say something to him at that time.So, I stayed quite and kept on that forced smile from earlier.And he somehow noticed that.

He looked at me and his eyebrows knitted,like he was trying to remember something,

"Jinri,right?" He suddenly mentioned my name.And those feeling that I had while I was a teenager came again.I was so shocked that I couldn't even give any response to his question except for an abrupt slight nod.He chuckled,and I felt like recording it so that I can listen to it every night before sleeping.

"Aren't you going to congratulate me?" He asked and I wondered why was it so quiet?We had a lot of people earlier.And I looked around at my friends and they were all looking at me, anticipating my reaction.Then, I fixed my eyes on him again.It felt so wrong to congratulate him.My heart kept on asking me to tell him my real feelings.That I still love him eventhough he never knows about my feelings.But my brain asked me to put my stupid feelings aside because he looked so happy at that time.

"Congratulations." I said with a smile and it started getting noisy again.And once again,no one noticed that I was breaking.My heart just lost and it felt so bad.Like it was tossed around mercilessly.

 

It was time for the wedding and I was staring at the bride,breathless.No wonder Taemin chose her out of all the women on this world.She was so beautful that she looked like an angel in that wedding gown.I turned to look at Taemin who was waiting at the altar with his eyes only at his bride.He looks good when he's happy and at that moment,he outshined everyone.

"You may kiss the bride."

People cheered for them both.After the short but meaningful kiss,they turned and faced the guests.His eyes met mine and a single drop of tear stubbornly rolled down my cheek.I wiped it and left the place.

And that was how my book of love ended.